Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
The entrance to part of the Baku Seaside National Park will be closed from June 20 to 26 due to 2017 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix, the deputy head of Department of the Seaside National Park’s Office, Nazim Majidov, told APA.
According to him, a section called “Old Boulevard” with an area of 3 km of the Seaside National Park will be closed.
He said that as it was in previous year, this year the part of the National Seaside Park along Neftchilar avenue will be closed for residents, those having no tickets and guests.
Majidov added that the site from Azneft Square to the Maritime Station will also be closed.
“Only people with special allowance and those having tickets could enter this area. They could enjoy their time and watch the races,” he said.
Majidov stressed that other parts of the boulevard - "White City Boulevard”, “Bayil Boulevard” and a section of the park called "New Boulevard" will be open to residents and guests of the city 24 hours a day. According to him, in these parts of the boulevard there are certain entertainment places and recreational facilities, but, in comparison with the old part of the boulevard, there are few of them.
"There were these bans last year as well. Probably, the city residents have certain information because such a ban has not been applied for the first time. This is done according to the rules of the Formula One race. Employees of the boulevard were given special passes. The territory of the park should be cleaned several times a day. In addition, there are communal workers, gardeners, who take care of trees and flowers. Therefore, employees of the boulevard were given special passes by the organizers of the Formula One race, which will allow them to deal with their business during this period,” he said.
The director of the Baku City Circuit Marketing and Communication Department, Nigar Arpadarai, told APA that since the territory of the boulevard is a F1 entertaining zone, the entrance there will be closed from June 20 to 26.
According to her, the entrance to the boulevard will be allowed only to those who have a ticket for Formula One.
She noted that from June 22 for those who have a ticket will have the permission to enter the boulevard.
Related news releases
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijani state should provide serious support for treatment of autistic children – MP
- 21.11.2017Dust quantity in Baku and Absheron Peninsula exceeds sanitary norm
- 20.11.2017World conflicts hinder mankind from achieving SDGs – UNICEF
- 20.11.2017UNICEF: Level of children’s education in Azerbaijan exceeds 95 percent
- 20.11.2017Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Zardab district
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijan to have five-day holiday for New Year
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 13.11.2017Javid Gurbanov awarded title of “Honored Engineer”
- 13.11.2017Sports Palace to be built in Ganja city
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani delegation led by Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov attends Dubai Airshow 2017
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Talks on creation of production units in prisons bring no results
- 13.11.2017ANAS: Strong earthquake on Iran-Iraq border unlikely to affect Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Unsettled issues will be resolved in coming years
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of culture and recreation park named after Aziz Aliyev in Ganja
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja