Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
The entrance to part of the Baku Seaside National Park will be closed from June 20 to 26 due to 2017 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix, the deputy head of Department of the Seaside National Park’s Office, Nazim Majidov, told APA.
According to him, a section called “Old Boulevard” with an area of 3 km of the Seaside National Park will be closed.
He said that as it was in previous year, this year the part of the National Seaside Park along Neftchilar avenue will be closed for residents, those having no tickets and guests.
Majidov added that the site from Azneft Square to the Maritime Station will also be closed.
“Only people with special allowance and those having tickets could enter this area. They could enjoy their time and watch the races,” he said.
Majidov stressed that other parts of the boulevard - "White City Boulevard”, “Bayil Boulevard” and a section of the park called "New Boulevard" will be open to residents and guests of the city 24 hours a day. According to him, in these parts of the boulevard there are certain entertainment places and recreational facilities, but, in comparison with the old part of the boulevard, there are few of them.
"There were these bans last year as well. Probably, the city residents have certain information because such a ban has not been applied for the first time. This is done according to the rules of the Formula One race. Employees of the boulevard were given special passes. The territory of the park should be cleaned several times a day. In addition, there are communal workers, gardeners, who take care of trees and flowers. Therefore, employees of the boulevard were given special passes by the organizers of the Formula One race, which will allow them to deal with their business during this period,” he said.
The director of the Baku City Circuit Marketing and Communication Department, Nigar Arpadarai, told APA that since the territory of the boulevard is a F1 entertaining zone, the entrance there will be closed from June 20 to 26.
According to her, the entrance to the boulevard will be allowed only to those who have a ticket for Formula One.
She noted that from June 22 for those who have a ticket will have the permission to enter the boulevard.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Schools to be on Novruz Holiday starting tomorrow
- 17.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev awards Ali bey Huseynzade’s daughter “Dostlug” Order
- 17.03.2018Monument to victims of genocide committed by Armenia erected in Guba
- 16.03.2018AZN 4mln allocated for construction of modular schools in four districts
- 16.03.2018South Caucasus’s most ancient jewelry item exhibited at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 16.03.2018State Migration Service employees granted high special ranks
- 16.03.2018State Committee: Turkish MP whose health suddenly deteriorated during Baku forum is in stable condition
- 16.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev congratulates Azerbaijani people on Novruz holiday
- 16.03.2018Turkish MP suffers heart attack while speaking at Global Baku Forum
- 16.03.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.03.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Salyan
- 15.03.2018Real TV starts satellite broadcasting
- 15.03.2018Nizami Ganjavi International Award presented to First VP Mehriban Aliyeva
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan fines Qatari national for illegal hunting
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces competition for 24 vacancies in 7 state bodies
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves composition of Youth Foundation’s Supervisory Board
- 13.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for purchase of apartments for Karabakh war disabled, families of martyrs
- 13.03.2018New executive director of Azerbaijan Youth Foundation appointed
- 13.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate Wind Tuesday of Novruz Holiday
- 12.03.2018Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Salyan
- 10.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of carpet factory in Sabunchu
- 09.03.2018Real TV will start satellite broadcasting on March 12
- 09.03.2018Azerbaijani president ups salaries of State Security Service employees
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan defines new procedure for financing education abroad
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijan marks International Women’s Day
- 07.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev orders increasing salaries of employees of Emergency Situations Ministry
- 07.03.2018Azerbaijan to hold first stage of final exam for 9th graders on March 11
- 07.03.2018About 2,700 Azerbaijani citizens study in Georgian universities
- 07.03.2018UNICEF: 12 million girls a year become child brides
- 06.03.2018Mexican ambassador visits Goychay
- 06.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on group of women
- 06.03.2018First VP Mehriban Aliyeva attends opening of new building of sanatorium-type orphanage-kindergarten in Mashtagha settlement
- 06.03.2018UNICEF: Incidence of early marriages reduced to almost zero in Azerbaijan
- 06.03.2018UNICEF may assist in rehabilitation of Azerbaijani children in Iraq and Syria
- 06.03.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate second Tuesday of Novruz holiday
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of employees of a number of state-funded organizations
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on additional measures to improve water supply for several villages in Sabirabad district
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in melioration, water economy, fishery fields
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in areas of housing and communal services, transport, communications.
- 03.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order to increase salaries of people employed in agriculture, ecology, environment protection areas
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja