Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
The entrance to part of the Baku Seaside National Park will be closed from June 20 to 26 due to 2017 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix, the deputy head of Department of the Seaside National Park’s Office, Nazim Majidov, told APA.
According to him, a section called “Old Boulevard” with an area of 3 km of the Seaside National Park will be closed.
He said that as it was in previous year, this year the part of the National Seaside Park along Neftchilar avenue will be closed for residents, those having no tickets and guests.
Majidov added that the site from Azneft Square to the Maritime Station will also be closed.
“Only people with special allowance and those having tickets could enter this area. They could enjoy their time and watch the races,” he said.
Majidov stressed that other parts of the boulevard - "White City Boulevard”, “Bayil Boulevard” and a section of the park called "New Boulevard" will be open to residents and guests of the city 24 hours a day. According to him, in these parts of the boulevard there are certain entertainment places and recreational facilities, but, in comparison with the old part of the boulevard, there are few of them.
"There were these bans last year as well. Probably, the city residents have certain information because such a ban has not been applied for the first time. This is done according to the rules of the Formula One race. Employees of the boulevard were given special passes. The territory of the park should be cleaned several times a day. In addition, there are communal workers, gardeners, who take care of trees and flowers. Therefore, employees of the boulevard were given special passes by the organizers of the Formula One race, which will allow them to deal with their business during this period,” he said.
The director of the Baku City Circuit Marketing and Communication Department, Nigar Arpadarai, told APA that since the territory of the boulevard is a F1 entertaining zone, the entrance there will be closed from June 20 to 26.
According to her, the entrance to the boulevard will be allowed only to those who have a ticket for Formula One.
She noted that from June 22 for those who have a ticket will have the permission to enter the boulevard.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Those who were taking exam at university at the time of fire will retake exam
- 21.07.2017President: Investments to be made in pharmaceutical factories amount to $100 million
- 21.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Drinking water supply projects successfully implemented in Azerbaijan
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views plans of work to be done in center of Pirallahi
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards Avaz Alakbarov
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Nearly 80 percent of Azerbaijani population is internet users
- 20.07.2017Alexander Lapshin sentenced to 3 years in prison
- 19.07.2017Article by TEAS director published on website of “Peace and Sport” organization
- 19.07.2017Delegation of Pakistan’s National Disaster Management Authority arrives in Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 4.5 years behind bars for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 19.07.2017UN report: 443,000 teens give birth in Eastern Europe and Central Asia every year
- 19.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 18.07.2017Opening of new TV channel proposed in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2017ANAMA: 300ha area cleared of mine, UXOs in Jojug Marjanli
- 17.07.2017Kamran Aliyev: In Azerbaijan more bribes offered than taken
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan concludes investigation into 19 criminal cases on banking sector
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan completes investigation into criminal cases of 133 officials charged with corruption
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created in new park in Yasamal
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani President warns officials, businessmen against cutting down trees
- 15.07.2017Int’l dolma festival held in Azerbaijan’s Khachmaz
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly built park in Yasamal district
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani Health Ministry: 12,036 people wishing to marry diagnosed with thalassemia
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry: Application for transfer of students to begin on July 17
- 14.07.2017Vugar Safarli: Names of journalists to be given apartments will be announced on July 21
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold entrance exams on II and III specialty groups
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on education
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan bans advertising of abortion and artificial fermentation
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani President: Some public servants misbehave and make blatant mistakes
- 12.07.2017Judicial investigation into Alexander Lapshin’s case concludes
- 12.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints new chairpersons to several courts of appeal
- 11.07.2017New chairpersons appointed to civil, military collegiums of Azerbaijani Supreme Court
- 11.07.2017APA photographers among best of Baku 2017
- 11.07.2017Lapshin’s trial postponed
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor’s Office receives submission on initiation of criminal case against former national security minister
- 10.07.2017Former MNS official stripped of his rank of colonel, jailed for 12 years
- 10.07.2017SEC announces date of new test exams for civil service recruitment
- 10.07.2017SEC: 11-grade final exam results roughly same as last year’s
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Cases of abuse reported in fixed-term employment
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani SEC makes changes in test exams for civil service recruitment
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja