Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
The entrance to part of the Baku Seaside National Park will be closed from June 20 to 26 due to 2017 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix, the deputy head of Department of the Seaside National Park’s Office, Nazim Majidov, told APA.
According to him, a section called “Old Boulevard” with an area of 3 km of the Seaside National Park will be closed.
He said that as it was in previous year, this year the part of the National Seaside Park along Neftchilar avenue will be closed for residents, those having no tickets and guests.
Majidov added that the site from Azneft Square to the Maritime Station will also be closed.
“Only people with special allowance and those having tickets could enter this area. They could enjoy their time and watch the races,” he said.
Majidov stressed that other parts of the boulevard - "White City Boulevard”, “Bayil Boulevard” and a section of the park called "New Boulevard" will be open to residents and guests of the city 24 hours a day. According to him, in these parts of the boulevard there are certain entertainment places and recreational facilities, but, in comparison with the old part of the boulevard, there are few of them.
"There were these bans last year as well. Probably, the city residents have certain information because such a ban has not been applied for the first time. This is done according to the rules of the Formula One race. Employees of the boulevard were given special passes. The territory of the park should be cleaned several times a day. In addition, there are communal workers, gardeners, who take care of trees and flowers. Therefore, employees of the boulevard were given special passes by the organizers of the Formula One race, which will allow them to deal with their business during this period,” he said.
The director of the Baku City Circuit Marketing and Communication Department, Nigar Arpadarai, told APA that since the territory of the boulevard is a F1 entertaining zone, the entrance there will be closed from June 20 to 26.
According to her, the entrance to the boulevard will be allowed only to those who have a ticket for Formula One.
She noted that from June 22 for those who have a ticket will have the permission to enter the boulevard.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Public legal entity status will open up new opportunities for development of higher education
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijan to have five non-working days on Eid al-Fitr
- 23.06.2017Final exams for IX-XI graders starts in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017Former Azerbaijani health minister gets his appeal denied by court
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on telecommunications
- 22.06.2017Preliminary hearing held for Alexander Lapshin - UPDATED
- 21.06.2017Two Universities in Azerbaijan to get public legal entity status
- 21.06.2017Sayyaf Ismayilov awarded “Honored Civil Servant” title
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijani president signs order on granting young talents a special stipend
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry comments on lawyers’ statement about Akif Chovdarov’s health
- 21.06.2017Justice Ministry: Doctors are closely following Lapshin’s health condition
- 21.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new administrative building of Narimanov District Court
- 20.06.2017US Embassy celebrates opening of Ganja American Corner
- 20.06.2017Court rejects Afgan Mukhtarli’s petition
- 17.06.2017Traffic police address drivers in connection with Formula 1
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan University of Languages to get public legal entity status
- 16.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles on healthcare workers
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan allocates two hospitals for F1 Grand Prix
- 16.06.2017Number of official unemployed population announced
- 16.06.20174-magnitude earthquake hits Azerbaijan - UPDATED
- 16.06.2017Number of Azerbaijan population increases 0.3%
- 16.06.2017Minister Kemaleddin Heydarov to receive citizens in Jalilabad
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan restricts entry of 264 foreigners in May
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijan: Military service problems of male students with 1-2 unpaid academic debts to be solved
- 15.06.2017President Ilham Aliyev attended memorial event for outstanding scientist, academician Rafiga Aliyeva
- 14.06.2017European Union celebrates the launch of its media projects and congratulates winners of its competitions
- 14.06.2017Jojug Marjanli resident awarded “Labor” Order
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijan’s deputy PM: Mandatory medical insurance fees should be acceptable to citizens
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2017Lapshin to stand trial on June 22 - UPDATED
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijan: Deaths among children aged under 1 mainly observed in Baku
- 13.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov pays for part of damage caused to state
- 13.06.2017ANAS president: Farmlands make up 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 12.06.2017UNEC hosts conference dedicated to Nobel Prize winner Aziz Sancar
- 12.06.2017Aziz Sancar: When I was awarded Nobel Prize, entire Turkic world was pleased
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Project on fight against human trafficking to be implemented in Azerbaijan
- 11.06.2017More than 15,000 applicants taking mock exam in Azerbaijan
- 10.06.2017Farewell ceremony held for Azerbaijani Energy Minister Natig Aliyev in Baku
- 10.06.2017Azerbaijani gov’t members, representatives of public attend funeral for Energy Minister Natig Aliyev
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja