Entrance to part of Baku Seaside National Park to be closed from June 20 to 26
The entrance to part of the Baku Seaside National Park will be closed from June 20 to 26 due to 2017 Formula 1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix, the deputy head of Department of the Seaside National Park’s Office, Nazim Majidov, told APA.
According to him, a section called “Old Boulevard” with an area of 3 km of the Seaside National Park will be closed.
He said that as it was in previous year, this year the part of the National Seaside Park along Neftchilar avenue will be closed for residents, those having no tickets and guests.
Majidov added that the site from Azneft Square to the Maritime Station will also be closed.
“Only people with special allowance and those having tickets could enter this area. They could enjoy their time and watch the races,” he said.
Majidov stressed that other parts of the boulevard - "White City Boulevard”, “Bayil Boulevard” and a section of the park called "New Boulevard" will be open to residents and guests of the city 24 hours a day. According to him, in these parts of the boulevard there are certain entertainment places and recreational facilities, but, in comparison with the old part of the boulevard, there are few of them.
"There were these bans last year as well. Probably, the city residents have certain information because such a ban has not been applied for the first time. This is done according to the rules of the Formula One race. Employees of the boulevard were given special passes. The territory of the park should be cleaned several times a day. In addition, there are communal workers, gardeners, who take care of trees and flowers. Therefore, employees of the boulevard were given special passes by the organizers of the Formula One race, which will allow them to deal with their business during this period,” he said.
The director of the Baku City Circuit Marketing and Communication Department, Nigar Arpadarai, told APA that since the territory of the boulevard is a F1 entertaining zone, the entrance there will be closed from June 20 to 26.
According to her, the entrance to the boulevard will be allowed only to those who have a ticket for Formula One.
She noted that from June 22 for those who have a ticket will have the permission to enter the boulevard.
Related news releases
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 11.09.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Baku
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views special school in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Lapshin attempts suicide under pretext of delayed extradition: Penitentiary Service
- 11.09.2017Mehman Aliyev released from prison
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani president tells law enforcement agencies to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views schools in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Prominent scientist Lotfi Zadeh to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor
- 09.09.2017Iosif Kobzon awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan announces rewards for athletes who achieved high results in 29th Summer Universiade
- 08.09.2017Italian embassy in Baku explains reason for refusing student visas
- 19.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov again partially reimburses damage caused to state
- 20.06.2017ADA University hosts event to mark World Refugee Day
- 20.06.2017Kemaleddin Heydarov receives citizens in Jalilabad
- 19.06.2017Traffic restricted in Baku’s central streets due to F1 Grand Prix
- 19.06.2017War, violence, persecution push displacement to new unprecedented high: UNHCR report
- 19.06.2017US ambassador visits Ganja