Historical hamam opens in Guba after restoration
The opening of Gumbazli Hamam, a unique historical monument, which had been restored with the support of the U.S. Embassy in Azerbaijan, was held in Guba district on March 26.
The restoration of the historical monument was funded by the U.S. Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation (AFCP) in coordination with Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
Addressing the opening ceremony, Ziyaddin Aliyev, head of the Guba District Executive Authority, said that Guba has historical cultural and multicultural roots. He noted that such monuments are restored and will be restored in order to preserve these values for future generations.
Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfas Garayev said that all historical monuments are preserved in Azerbaijan.
Azerbaijan has always been loyal to multicultural traditions, the minister noted.
U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan Robert Cekuta said that the ambassadors should strengthen not only the relations among countries, but also the relations among peoples: “One of the most beautiful ties is established via culture. History brings together all of us. Many forces try to separate peoples from one another. Tolerance in Azerbaijan is an example for several counties. The project has started since March 2014. After restoration, it will be put into use as a place to support local economic development. Restoration of the historical hamam will be a symbol of friendship between our countries”.
Gumbazli Hamam was built in the 19th century and operated until the 1980s.
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining rules for organizing social workplaces
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining cases of involvement in forced labor
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan may create vacancy bank for unemployed
- 05.04.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens imprisoned in Georgia revealed
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 04.04.2018Construction of houses in Bayil landslide zone prohibited, deputy PM says
- 04.04.2018Residents of six collapsed houses in Bayil landslide zone to receive compensation within 10 days
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijani gov’t plans to relocate 97 families from landslide zone in Baku
- 04.04.2018Deputy PM explains reason behind removal of flagpole in Baku Flag Square
- 04.04.2018Conference held in Baku over completion of EU-fund twinning project
- 03.04.2018Salaries of 150,000 school teachers doubled in Azerbaijan since 2014
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold another mock exam for university admission
- 03.04.2018KOICA Azerbaijan Office announces new country director appointment
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, State Security Service detain illegal migrants
- 31.03.2018Scientific conference dedicated to centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Guba
- 31.03.2018March held in Guba to mark centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 30.03.2018Ministry: Amount of dust in air reaches norm in Baku
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament adopts statement on centenary of 1918 March Genocide against Azerbaijanis
- 30.03.2018Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 30.03.2018Wind expected to intensify in Azerbaijan
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold first mock exam for university admission
- 29.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of Gazakh district central hospital
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijani student named in Forbes 30 Under 30 list
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan toughening responsibility with regard to compulsory medical insurance
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan’s State Exam Center uncovers up to 45,000 counterfeit test preparation books
- 26.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev chairs republican conference on development of cotton-growing in Barda
- 23.03.2018Annual report on combating human trafficking to be tabled in parliament
- 22.03.2018Weather forecast for March 23