Ilham Aliyev: Over 600 medical facilities built and repaired in Azerbaijan in recent years
The opening of Bona Dea International Hospital in Baku is a sign of the overall development of Azerbaijan, said President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at the opening of Bona Dea International Hospital in Baku on Tuesday, APA reports.
"Today a beautiful hospital opens in Baku, which is a very remarkable event. The hospital is quite impressive, with its exterior and interior designs at the highest level. Up-to-date equipment has been installed here. I’m sure that the hospital will provide a very high quality medical service. When I got to the hospital, I saw that a lot has been done here. All the work has been organized at the highest level,” he said.
President Aliyev noted that the hospital was built with the help of foreign specialists.
“I’m sure that the medical staff of the hospital will provide high quality services to patients. More than 800 jobs have been created here. Excellent conditions have been created here for doctors and medical staff,” he added.
The head of state stressed that the opening of this hospital is a sign of the overall development of Azerbaijan.
“Only in rapidly developing countries, such beautiful health centers are created. I believe that this hospital will be one of the most advanced hospitals not only in Azerbaijan, but also in the entire region,” he said.
President Aliyev said he hopes someday tourists will come to Azerbaijan to receive medical services as well.
“That is, the conditions created at this hospital provide such opportunities. High-quality medical service will be provided here for Azerbaijani citizens. Guests coming to our country, I am sure, will benefit from these opportunities,” he added.
The head of state pointed out that over 600 medical facilities have been built and repaired in Azerbaijan in recent years. “We have managed to significantly increase the material and technical base of the healthcare system,” he said.
The president noted that improving the healthcare system is a priority for Azerbaijan because human health is the key issue for every society and country.
“As a result of the work done in recent years, life expectancy is increasing, and this is a good indicator. Today, every illness can be treated and diagnosed in Azerbaijan. So, diagnostic examination and treatment are provided comprehensively,” he said.
The head of state also referred to a free medical examination conducted in Azerbaijan.
“A free medical check-up has been conducted in Azerbaijan for several years. Annually, about five million Azerbaijani citizens use this service. A few years ago, this issue was resolved on my initiative. Currently, another medical examination is continuing in Azerbaijan,” he said.
He went on to say that great work is being done in Azerbaijan to improve healthcare, which is the main direction of the social sphere.
“Hospitals, equipment meet the most modern standards, the level of medical service is growing and such beautiful facilities are built,” the president said.
President Aliyev said he was informed that specialists from Europe and other countries will work in this hospital.
The head of state continued the rest of his speech in English: “I also would like to express my gratitude to those who do not understand the Azerbaijani language, in particular, to foreign guests for their contribution to the creation of such a deeply impressive medical center. As I mentioned, I think this is the best medical center not only in Azerbaijan, but also in the region. Probably, a time will come when health tourism appears in Azerbaijan. Tourist arrivals in Azerbaijan are increasing from year to year. I hope that tourists will come to Azerbaijan for medical purposes as well. I’m very glad that there is a very important combination of the activities of foreign and local specialists in this hospital. Also, I think that one of the most important areas of the hospital will be training of local medical staff. In my opinion, the unity of such three factors as treatment, diagnosis and training will make this hospital very special. Certainly, I think the active participation of our guests from other countries, highly qualified specialists in this process will attract even more patients.”
Related news releases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Education appointed
- 28.06.2018Baku Forum on Sustainable Development to be held in October
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates funds for development of Baku’s master plan
- 27.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves new composition of Sate Oil Fund Supervisory Board
- 27.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 26.06.2018Weather forecast for June 27
- 27.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN6.1 million to Moral Values Promotion Fund
- 28.03.2018Russian embassy in Azerbaijan opens book of condolence for Kemerovo mall fire victims
- 29.03.2018No conflict between Azerbaijanis and Armenians living in Baku, says PA rep.
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan’s State Exam Center uncovers up to 45,000 counterfeit test preparation books
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijan toughening responsibility with regard to compulsory medical insurance
- 27.03.2018Azerbaijani student named in Forbes 30 Under 30 list