Ilham Aliyev: Over 600 medical facilities built and repaired in Azerbaijan in recent years
The opening of Bona Dea International Hospital in Baku is a sign of the overall development of Azerbaijan, said President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev.
The president made the remarks at the opening of Bona Dea International Hospital in Baku on Tuesday, APA reports.
"Today a beautiful hospital opens in Baku, which is a very remarkable event. The hospital is quite impressive, with its exterior and interior designs at the highest level. Up-to-date equipment has been installed here. I’m sure that the hospital will provide a very high quality medical service. When I got to the hospital, I saw that a lot has been done here. All the work has been organized at the highest level,” he said.
President Aliyev noted that the hospital was built with the help of foreign specialists.
“I’m sure that the medical staff of the hospital will provide high quality services to patients. More than 800 jobs have been created here. Excellent conditions have been created here for doctors and medical staff,” he added.
The head of state stressed that the opening of this hospital is a sign of the overall development of Azerbaijan.
“Only in rapidly developing countries, such beautiful health centers are created. I believe that this hospital will be one of the most advanced hospitals not only in Azerbaijan, but also in the entire region,” he said.
President Aliyev said he hopes someday tourists will come to Azerbaijan to receive medical services as well.
“That is, the conditions created at this hospital provide such opportunities. High-quality medical service will be provided here for Azerbaijani citizens. Guests coming to our country, I am sure, will benefit from these opportunities,” he added.
The head of state pointed out that over 600 medical facilities have been built and repaired in Azerbaijan in recent years. “We have managed to significantly increase the material and technical base of the healthcare system,” he said.
The president noted that improving the healthcare system is a priority for Azerbaijan because human health is the key issue for every society and country.
“As a result of the work done in recent years, life expectancy is increasing, and this is a good indicator. Today, every illness can be treated and diagnosed in Azerbaijan. So, diagnostic examination and treatment are provided comprehensively,” he said.
The head of state also referred to a free medical examination conducted in Azerbaijan.
“A free medical check-up has been conducted in Azerbaijan for several years. Annually, about five million Azerbaijani citizens use this service. A few years ago, this issue was resolved on my initiative. Currently, another medical examination is continuing in Azerbaijan,” he said.
He went on to say that great work is being done in Azerbaijan to improve healthcare, which is the main direction of the social sphere.
“Hospitals, equipment meet the most modern standards, the level of medical service is growing and such beautiful facilities are built,” the president said.
President Aliyev said he was informed that specialists from Europe and other countries will work in this hospital.
The head of state continued the rest of his speech in English: “I also would like to express my gratitude to those who do not understand the Azerbaijani language, in particular, to foreign guests for their contribution to the creation of such a deeply impressive medical center. As I mentioned, I think this is the best medical center not only in Azerbaijan, but also in the region. Probably, a time will come when health tourism appears in Azerbaijan. Tourist arrivals in Azerbaijan are increasing from year to year. I hope that tourists will come to Azerbaijan for medical purposes as well. I’m very glad that there is a very important combination of the activities of foreign and local specialists in this hospital. Also, I think that one of the most important areas of the hospital will be training of local medical staff. In my opinion, the unity of such three factors as treatment, diagnosis and training will make this hospital very special. Certainly, I think the active participation of our guests from other countries, highly qualified specialists in this process will attract even more patients.”
Related news releases
- 19.04.2018Kamaladdin Heydarov meets with IAEA chief
- 19.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs decree to improve social protection of families of servicemen killed in military ops
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani citizens’ living standards will increase in coming years
- 18.04.2018Dust from Arabian Peninsula to reach Azerbaijan
- 18.04.20184th OIC Conference of Youth and Sports Ministers kicks off in Baku
- 18.04.2018Belarus may deliver Polonaise multiple rocket launch systems to Azerbaijan: Russian paper
- 18.04.2018Traffic to be restricted in Baku for 2018 F1 Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 17.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC: Results of final exams may remain valid for two years
- 16.04.2018Amount of financial assistance for owners of damaged houses in Baku landslide zone determined
- 10.04.2018Strong geomagnetic storm expected in coming days
- 10.04.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Health Ministry announces average life expectancy
- 10.04.2018Azerbaijan, India discuss cooperation in education
- 09.04.2018AZN 3mln allocated to Youth Foundation
- 09.04.2018Azerbaijan declares March 27 as ‘Science Day’
- 07.04.2018Temperature to be 20 C in Baku tomorrow
- 07.04.2018Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources: Process of flooding intensified in Baku
- 06.04.2018Requirements concerning specially designated smoking areas specified in Azerbaijan
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining rules for organizing social workplaces
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan defining cases of involvement in forced labor
- 06.04.2018Azerbaijan may create vacancy bank for unemployed
- 05.04.2018Number of Azerbaijani citizens imprisoned in Georgia revealed
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan’s Pardon Issues Commission holds another meeting
- 04.04.2018Construction of houses in Bayil landslide zone prohibited, deputy PM says
- 04.04.2018Residents of six collapsed houses in Bayil landslide zone to receive compensation within 10 days
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijani gov’t plans to relocate 97 families from landslide zone in Baku
- 04.04.2018Deputy PM explains reason behind removal of flagpole in Baku Flag Square
- 04.04.2018Conference held in Baku over completion of EU-fund twinning project
- 03.04.2018Salaries of 150,000 school teachers doubled in Azerbaijan since 2014
- 03.04.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold another mock exam for university admission
- 03.04.2018KOICA Azerbaijan Office announces new country director appointment
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, State Security Service detain illegal migrants
- 31.03.2018Scientific conference dedicated to centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Guba
- 31.03.2018March held in Guba to mark centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
- 30.03.2018Ministry: Amount of dust in air reaches norm in Baku
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament adopts statement on centenary of 1918 March Genocide against Azerbaijanis
- 30.03.2018Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 30.03.2018Wind expected to intensify in Azerbaijan
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold first mock exam for university admission
- 29.03.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for construction of Gazakh district central hospital
- 24.02.2018Azerbaijani president signs order on development of education infrastructure
- 24.02.2018Presidential scholarship for students increased
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijanis celebrate first Tuesday of Novruz holiday
- 24.02.2018Model United States Senate organized in Baku
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani president orders increasing social allowances
- 23.02.2018Allowance for women with more than 5 children increased in Azerbaijan