League of Georgian Organizations in Azerbaijan creates new structure
The League of Georgian Organizations in Azerbaijan has announced the establishment of a new structure, the head of the league, Teymuraz Kirimov, told APA.
He said that the creation of a new structure coincides with the 100 anniversary of the establishment of the first democratic republics in Azerbaijan and Georgia.
Kirimov pointed out that a new structure will play an important role in expanding ties between the two nations.
“The new structure will unite people who will represent both nations, and who have contributed to the development, expansion and prosperity of the relations between two countries,” he added.
Kirimov said that name of the new structure has not been defined yet.
The Tbilisi Mayor’s Office opened its permanent representation in Azerbaijan in 1995.
Teymuraz Kirimov was appointed permanent representative of the Tbilisi Mayor’s Office in Azerbaijan. The Permanent Representation established “Baku-Tbilisi” newspaper, Center for the Study of Georgian-Azerbaijani Relations, “Tbilisi” sport club, “Iberia Press” News Agency, and the Council of Elders. The Leagues of Georgian Organizations was founded in 2005 to strengthen the coordination of the abovementioned structures.
Related news releases
- 25.06.2018Over 70,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan on June 27
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani Defense Industry Minister Yavar Jamalov dies
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijan to mark Mehdi Huseynzade’s 100th birth anniversary
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards healthcare workers
- 23.06.2018Akif Alizade approved as ANAS president
- 22.06.2018An event held dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the Council on State Support to NGOs
- 22.06.2018Translation of US historian Frederick Starr’s book into Azerbaijani presented
- 22.06.2018Term for registration of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan to be extended
- 22.06.2018Presidential Administration: 29.3 thousand civil servants make up 0.6% of Azerbaijan’s working population
- 22.06.2018Cabinet of Ministers eliminates dispute over vertical position of the state flag of Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijan Teacher Development Centre authorized as CELTA Training Centre
- 21.06.2018Date of Kamaladdin Heydarov’s reception of citizens in Siyazan rescheduled
- 21.06.2018New youth peace platform presented in Tbilisi
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan well understands what pains of conflicts feel like, UN rep says
- 20.06.2018Housing conditions of 265,000 refugees, IDPs improved in Azerbaijan so far: State Committee
- 20.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 20.06.2018About 65,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 31.05.2018Azerbaijan sees rapid male population growth over past 2 decades
- 31.05.2018Increase in number of men in Azerbaijan may lead to disproportionate decrease in female population – ministry
- 31.05.2018ASAN Service may be empowered to define degrees of disability
- 30.05.2018Presentation in Moscow of book on “Armenian genocide” by American historian cancelled at last minute
- 30.05.2018Azerbaijani State Examination Center announces final exam schedules
- 30.05.2018Facebook to be banned in Papua New Guinea for a month