Malena Mard: EU will continue to support reforms in Azerbaijan
The EU will launch four new grant projects for Azerbaijan next month, which are aimed at modernization of individual vocational centers, said Malena Mard, head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan.
She made the remarks at a ceremony held in Baku June 7 to launch a new EU project aimed at supporting vocational training in Azerbaijan, APA reported.
According to her, EU-Azerbaijan cooperation is of great importance for Brussels.
She noted that the development of vocational education and training forms the basis of economic diversification and reforms being carried out in Azerbaijan in this sphere.
Mard said that the improvement of vocational training should be conducted in the right direction.
“The EU has great experience in this field. In vocational education there should be good teachers, quality infrastructure and instructors. In addition, correct content, curriculums and programs that meet the market requirements are needed,” she added.
She stressed that vocational education should subsequently lead to an increase in employment.
“The new project is aimed at the development of vocational training in Azerbaijan,” said Mard, pledging that the EU will continue to support reforms in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani Defense Industry Minister Yavar Jamalov dies
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijan to mark Mehdi Huseynzade’s 100th birth anniversary
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani president awards healthcare workers
- 23.06.2018Akif Alizade approved as ANAS president
- 22.06.2018An event held dedicated to the 10th anniversary of the Council on State Support to NGOs
- 22.06.2018Translation of US historian Frederick Starr’s book into Azerbaijani presented
- 22.06.2018Term for registration of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan to be extended
- 22.06.2018Presidential Administration: 29.3 thousand civil servants make up 0.6% of Azerbaijan’s working population
- 22.06.2018Cabinet of Ministers eliminates dispute over vertical position of the state flag of Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2018Azerbaijan Teacher Development Centre authorized as CELTA Training Centre
- 21.06.2018Date of Kamaladdin Heydarov’s reception of citizens in Siyazan rescheduled
- 21.06.2018New youth peace platform presented in Tbilisi
- 20.06.2018Azerbaijan well understands what pains of conflicts feel like, UN rep says
- 20.06.2018Housing conditions of 265,000 refugees, IDPs improved in Azerbaijan so far: State Committee
- 20.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 20.06.2018About 65,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2018Temperature to be 31C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 18.06.2018Weather forecast for June 19
- 16.06.2018“Mübarizlər” contest kicks off in Baku
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani MES hosts meeting with U.S. Oklahoma National Guard delegation
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijan calculating compulsory health insurance fees
- 14.06.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani citizens to have 5 consecutive non-working days to mark Eid al-Fitr and National Salvation Day
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani schools celebrate Day of Farewell Bell
- 13.06.2018Baku's bid to host World Expo 2025 presented at BIE
- 13.06.2018Human rights activist meets daycare worker detained for child maltreatment
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijani parliament passes bill on protecting children from harmful information
- 12.06.2018Azerbaijan Education Ministry reveals number of transfers students in 2018
- 12.06.2018Over 140,000 educators undergo diagnostic assessment in Azerbaijan over past four years
- 12.06.2018225 Azerbaijani citizens qualified for study abroad in academic year 2017-18 academic year
- 12.06.2018ATDC accredited as Cambridge Professional Development Centre
- 11.06.2018Leyla Novruzova, who was promoted to BP's London office: I’m not very good in planning my career - INTERVIEW
- 08.06.2018Libraff bookstore opens in Baku
- 08.06.2018Weekend weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani representative elected member of UN Committee on Elimination of Discrimination against Women
- 08.06.2018Akif Alizadeh re-elected president of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences - UPDATED
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijan has region’s most secure data center, minister says
- 08.06.2018Many products brought to Azerbaijan in plastic containers – ministry
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Migration Service launches new e-service for foreigners, stateless persons
- 08.06.2018Specialty selection for master's degree starts in Azerbaijan
- 07.06.2017‘Red notice’ to be issued for people who committed acts of corruption in ECO states
- 07.06.2017Project “EU Support to Vocational Education and Training in Azerbaijan” presented in Baku
- 08.06.2017Nobel laureate Aziz Sancar to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.06.2017Baku’s population reach 2.5 million people
- 06.06.2017Kamran Aliyev: Investigation into numerous criminal cases on banking sector underway
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor seeks 7-year sentence for APFP member arrested over FETO links