Malena Mard: EU will continue to support reforms in Azerbaijan
The EU will launch four new grant projects for Azerbaijan next month, which are aimed at modernization of individual vocational centers, said Malena Mard, head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan.
She made the remarks at a ceremony held in Baku June 7 to launch a new EU project aimed at supporting vocational training in Azerbaijan, APA reported.
According to her, EU-Azerbaijan cooperation is of great importance for Brussels.
She noted that the development of vocational education and training forms the basis of economic diversification and reforms being carried out in Azerbaijan in this sphere.
Mard said that the improvement of vocational training should be conducted in the right direction.
“The EU has great experience in this field. In vocational education there should be good teachers, quality infrastructure and instructors. In addition, correct content, curriculums and programs that meet the market requirements are needed,” she added.
She stressed that vocational education should subsequently lead to an increase in employment.
“The new project is aimed at the development of vocational training in Azerbaijan,” said Mard, pledging that the EU will continue to support reforms in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 18.11.2017Fatal traffic accident kills 1 police, injures another in Azerbaijan
- 18.11.2017Changeable cloudy weather to prevail in Baku
- 18.11.2017Landslide activity observed in Baku’s Zigh settlement
- 17.11.2017Another quake hits Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017Private and municipal vocational education institutions to be established in Azerbaijan
- 17.11.2017ANAS: Land plots, scientific facilities seized over last 5 years returned
- 16.11.2017Kamaladdin Heydarov meets Moldovan interior minister
- 16.11.2017U.S. ambassador to Azerbaijan visits ABAD trade & exhibition center
- 16.11.2017APA celebrates 13th anniversary - PHOTOSESSION
- 16.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known in world as sporting nation
- 16.11.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates newly-built school in Masazir
- 16.11.2017ANAS: Yesterday’s quake in Azerbaijan had nothing to do with recent quake in Iran
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan establishes organizing committee for Baku BMX World Championships 2018
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan to mark 110th jubilee of academician Ashraf Huseynov
- 15.11.2017U.S. ambassador visits Salyan American Corner
- 15.11.2017Deloitte Azerbaijan introduces new publication - ®
- 15.11.2017Compulsory health insurance can be applied throughout Azerbaijan in 2018 – deputy minister
- 15.11.2017Azerbaijan developing state program to repatriate its citizens in Iraq, Syria
- 15.11.2017Deputy Minister reacts to US State Department advising its citizens not to undergo surgery in Azerbaijan
- 14.11.2017Baku State University’s 100th anniversary to be marked at state level
- 14.11.2017London, a city where you can see Sun, rain and Queen at the same time
- 14.11.2017EBU says Karabakh separatists’ flag to be prevented from being raised at 2017 Junior Eurovision
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijani police warn drivers over use of darks films, blinds on car windows
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan’s Consulate General commemorates Holocaust in Los Angeles
- 14.11.2017Azerbaijan International Environmental Exhibition kicks off
- 13.11.2017New staff of State Language Commission approved
- 13.11.2017Javid Gurbanov awarded title of “Honored Engineer”
- 13.11.2017Sports Palace to be built in Ganja city
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani delegation led by Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov attends Dubai Airshow 2017
- 13.11.2017Azerbaijani ombudsperson: Talks on creation of production units in prisons bring no results
- 13.11.2017ANAS: Strong earthquake on Iran-Iraq border unlikely to affect Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijani president: Unsettled issues will be resolved in coming years
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends opening of culture and recreation park named after Aziz Aliyev in Ganja
- 10.11.2017Newly-built dormitory of Azerbaijan State Agrarian University inaugurated
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views secondary school in Ganja after major overhaul
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Ganja Mall
- 10.11.2017ICRC visits about 1,300 women and children of 20 nationalities in Iraq
- 08.11.2017Manufacture of 6 new UAVs launched in ANAS High Tech Park
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan to use new mechanism for increase of pensions
- 07.06.2017‘Red notice’ to be issued for people who committed acts of corruption in ECO states
- 07.06.2017Project “EU Support to Vocational Education and Training in Azerbaijan” presented in Baku
- 08.06.2017Nobel laureate Aziz Sancar to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.06.2017Baku’s population reach 2.5 million people
- 06.06.2017Kamran Aliyev: Investigation into numerous criminal cases on banking sector underway
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor seeks 7-year sentence for APFP member arrested over FETO links