Malena Mard: EU will continue to support reforms in Azerbaijan
The EU will launch four new grant projects for Azerbaijan next month, which are aimed at modernization of individual vocational centers, said Malena Mard, head of the EU Delegation to Azerbaijan.
She made the remarks at a ceremony held in Baku June 7 to launch a new EU project aimed at supporting vocational training in Azerbaijan, APA reported.
According to her, EU-Azerbaijan cooperation is of great importance for Brussels.
She noted that the development of vocational education and training forms the basis of economic diversification and reforms being carried out in Azerbaijan in this sphere.
Mard said that the improvement of vocational training should be conducted in the right direction.
“The EU has great experience in this field. In vocational education there should be good teachers, quality infrastructure and instructors. In addition, correct content, curriculums and programs that meet the market requirements are needed,” she added.
She stressed that vocational education should subsequently lead to an increase in employment.
“The new project is aimed at the development of vocational training in Azerbaijan,” said Mard, pledging that the EU will continue to support reforms in Azerbaijan.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Those who were taking exam at university at the time of fire will retake exam
- 21.07.2017President: Investments to be made in pharmaceutical factories amount to $100 million
- 21.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Drinking water supply projects successfully implemented in Azerbaijan
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views plans of work to be done in center of Pirallahi
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards Avaz Alakbarov
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Nearly 80 percent of Azerbaijani population is internet users
- 20.07.2017Alexander Lapshin sentenced to 3 years in prison
- 19.07.2017Article by TEAS director published on website of “Peace and Sport” organization
- 19.07.2017Delegation of Pakistan’s National Disaster Management Authority arrives in Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 4.5 years behind bars for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 19.07.2017UN report: 443,000 teens give birth in Eastern Europe and Central Asia every year
- 19.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 18.07.2017Opening of new TV channel proposed in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2017ANAMA: 300ha area cleared of mine, UXOs in Jojug Marjanli
- 17.07.2017Kamran Aliyev: In Azerbaijan more bribes offered than taken
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan concludes investigation into 19 criminal cases on banking sector
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan completes investigation into criminal cases of 133 officials charged with corruption
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created in new park in Yasamal
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani President warns officials, businessmen against cutting down trees
- 15.07.2017Int’l dolma festival held in Azerbaijan’s Khachmaz
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly built park in Yasamal district
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani Health Ministry: 12,036 people wishing to marry diagnosed with thalassemia
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry: Application for transfer of students to begin on July 17
- 14.07.2017Vugar Safarli: Names of journalists to be given apartments will be announced on July 21
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold entrance exams on II and III specialty groups
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on education
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan bans advertising of abortion and artificial fermentation
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani President: Some public servants misbehave and make blatant mistakes
- 12.07.2017Judicial investigation into Alexander Lapshin’s case concludes
- 12.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints new chairpersons to several courts of appeal
- 11.07.2017New chairpersons appointed to civil, military collegiums of Azerbaijani Supreme Court
- 11.07.2017APA photographers among best of Baku 2017
- 11.07.2017Lapshin’s trial postponed
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor’s Office receives submission on initiation of criminal case against former national security minister
- 10.07.2017Former MNS official stripped of his rank of colonel, jailed for 12 years
- 10.07.2017SEC announces date of new test exams for civil service recruitment
- 10.07.2017SEC: 11-grade final exam results roughly same as last year’s
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Cases of abuse reported in fixed-term employment
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani SEC makes changes in test exams for civil service recruitment
- 07.06.2017‘Red notice’ to be issued for people who committed acts of corruption in ECO states
- 07.06.2017Project “EU Support to Vocational Education and Training in Azerbaijan” presented in Baku
- 08.06.2017Nobel laureate Aziz Sancar to visit Azerbaijan
- 07.06.2017Baku’s population reach 2.5 million people
- 06.06.2017Kamran Aliyev: Investigation into numerous criminal cases on banking sector underway
- 06.06.2017Prosecutor seeks 7-year sentence for APFP member arrested over FETO links