Manufacture of 6 new UAVs launched in ANAS High Tech Park
The manufacture of 6 new types of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) has been launched at the High Technologies Park (HTP) of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS), Vugar Babayev, director of ANAS HTP, told APA.
“A young and experienced team staff has been brought together in a short time at ANAS HTP. The manufacture of UAVs is going on pretty fast and is almost finished. They have been tested successfully,” he said.
According to Babayev, there are 6 new types of UAV being manufactured at ANAS High Technologies Park.
"Of them, five types are multi-rotors and the remaining one is a type of aircraft. These UAVs are intended to be used in several areas—in agricultural irrigation and pharmaceuticals, environmental monitoring, forestation, aerial photography and mapping, as well as three-dimensional maps,” he said.
The director pointed out that UAVs are used in almost all fields in the modern era, adding that the UAVs being manufactured at ANAS HTP are primarily of civil and military nature.
"Examples include ambulance, postal services, search and rescue services of the Emergency Situations Ministry, aerial photography, etc. Generally, it is possible to modify UAVs and integrate appropriate equipment into the system in accord with consumer demand,” he added.
Speaking about the parameters of UAVs, Babayev said that parameters very depending on the model. “The estimated parameters are as follows: Flight time is up to 30 minutes, carrying capacity ranges from 0-5 kg, and the speed limit is up to 35 km/h,” he said.
The UAVs have not yet been named, added Babayev.
Noting that they have already received orders from several government agencies, Babayev said that negotiations were held with SOCAR, and UAVs will be produced in accordance with their requirements.
“Currently, test flights are being carried out jointly with SOCAR. A presentation will be held in the near future,” he said.
The director general also talked about the expected innovations in the techno-park.
“Though short time passed since the establishment of ANAS HTP, we have succeeded in several areas with 7 local residents operating in the techno-park. We began to implement joint projects with several foreign companies and local government agencies. ANAS HTP closely cooperates with the world’s leading techno-parks and brings together science and business in Azerbaijan,” added Babayev.
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 28.06.2018Azerbaijan's new Deputy Minister of Education appointed
- 28.06.2018Baku Forum on Sustainable Development to be held in October
- 27.06.2018Azerbaijani president allocates funds for development of Baku’s master plan
- 27.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev approves new composition of Sate Oil Fund Supervisory Board
- 27.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov to receive citizens in Siyazan
- 26.06.2018Weather forecast for June 27
- 25.06.2018Over 70,000 students to take part in final exams in Azerbaijan on June 27
- 23.06.2018Azerbaijani Defense Industry Minister Yavar Jamalov dies
- 10.11.2017ICRC visits about 1,300 women and children of 20 nationalities in Iraq
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views Ganja Mall
- 10.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views secondary school in Ganja after major overhaul
- 08.11.2017Azerbaijan to use new mechanism for increase of pensions
- 08.11.2017Hadi Rajabli: Level of need criteria should be increased in Azerbaijan
- 07.11.2017Court reduces sentences of Vidadi Zeynalov and Beytulla Huseynov