March held in Guba to mark centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis
A march to the Guba Genocide Memorial Complex was held on March 31 to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the genocide committed by the Armenian Dashnaks jointly with the Bolsheviks against the Azerbaijanis.
March 31 is commemorated in Azerbaijan as the Day of Genocide of Azerbaijanis.
Azerbaijani President's Assistant for Public and Political Affairs Ali Hasanov, Chairman of the Caucasian Muslims Office, Sheikh-ul-Islam Haji Allahshukur Pashazade, Minister of Culture and Tourism Abulfaz Garayev, MPs, academicians, religious figures, public figures from Guba and surrounding districts, representatives of various organizations from Baku and other regions joined the march, APA's local bureau reports.
Participants of the march voiced various slogans “We did not forget the 31 March Genocide!”, “The international community should give political and legal assessment to Armenian terrorism!”, etc.
A republican scientific conference to the 100th anniversary of the 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis will be held at the Guba Genocide Memorial Complex.
Reconstruction work was carried out at the historic cemetery, where the bodies rest of those who were brutally massacred by Armenian aggressors and inhumanly mass buried. The human bones belonging to other nationalities, along with the Azerbaijanis, were buried in accordance with national and religious traditions. The graves have been covered.
The mass burial site in Guba was unearthed on April 1, 2007 during the excavation work on the territory, and then scientists of the Institute of Archeology and Ethnography of Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences conducted researches there. The researches revealed that there are remains of the victims of the genocide committed by Armenians in 1918.
Guba Genocide Memorial Complex was established with the support of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation and opened on September 18, 2013. The complex contains images of different parts of Guba in the early 20th century, photos of construction works carried out here and the lifestyle of the locals. It is possible to get information in several languages from a special map on touch screen monitors about the genocide committed by Armenians in different regions in the past century.
Related news releases
- 20.07.2018WhatsApp to limit message forwarding
- 19.07.2018President Ilham Aliyev allocates AZN 1.3M to State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance
- 19.07.2018Foreigners can get work visas in Azerbaijan through ASAN Visa – Migration Service
- 19.07.2018North-west wind to intensify in Baku in coming days
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners granted refugee status in Azerbaijan rises
- 19.07.2018Number of foreigners visiting Azerbaijan increases
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijan increases fines for pedestrians violating road crossing rules
- 17.07.2018Azerbaijani president approves amendments to Code of Administrative Offenses
- 14.07.2018Minister: Serious violations in appointment of pensions reveal in Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018Weather forecast for July 15
- 14.07.2018Amendments to Azerbaijan’s migration legislation come into force
- 13.07.2018Number of Azerbaijani population has been announced
- 13.07.2018Sudeif Imamverdiyev awarded Sharaf Order
- 13.07.2018BHOS students to work and do internship at Petkim in Turkey
- 12.07.2018Temperature to drop in Baku
- 12.07.2018Baku Higher Oil School and Ministry of Labor and Social Protection hold joint presentation at BHOS
- 11.07.2018BHOS achieves 100 percent MBA student enrollment
- 10.07.2018Meteorologists warn of hot weather in Azerbaijan
- 10.07.2018Scottish newspaper publishes names of BHOS graduates
- 09.07.2018UNEC offers second specialization free for students gaining 700 points
- 07.07.2018Head of Sumgayit water canal department fined for sewage water pumped into Caspian Sea
- 06.07.2018Temperature to drop, north-west wind to intensify in Baku
- 05.07.2018Mehriban Aliyeva: Main goal to produce graduates that meet global labor market needs
- 04.07.2018Temperature to drop by 4-6 degrees in Azerbaijan from July 5
- 04.07.2018Hot weather to stay in Absheron peninsula
- 04.07.2018Lunar eclipse to take place in July – ANAS
- 03.07.2018Meteorologists warn hot weather will continue across Azerbaijan
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani roads affected by series of landslides, new landslide-prone areas emerge in several districts
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani border guards intercept 7 trespassers
- 02.07.2018Azerbaijan to submit report on sustainable development to UN in 2019
- 02.07.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan to work towards goal of building a more socially oriented society by 2030
- 02.07.2018Weather temperature to reach 46C in Azerbaijan
- 30.06.2018Int’l competition and nationwide championship of junior rescuers and firefighters end in Gabal
- 30.06.2018Hot weather to prevail in Baku in coming days
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijani president promotes two Interior Ministry officers
- 29.06.2018Emergency Situations Minister Kamaladdin Heydarov receives citizens in Siyazan
- 29.06.2018July weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan increases state duties for driving license issuance and car registration
- 29.06.2018Azerbaijan extends registration period for foreigners
- 29.06.2018Post of chief probation officer created in Azerbaijan
- 31.03.2018Scientific conference dedicated to centenary of 1918 Genocide of Azerbaijanis held in Guba
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani State Migration Service, State Security Service detain illegal migrants
- 03.04.2018KOICA Azerbaijan Office announces new country director appointment
- 30.03.2018Ministry: Amount of dust in air reaches norm in Baku
- 30.03.2018Azerbaijani parliament adopts statement on centenary of 1918 March Genocide against Azerbaijanis
- 30.03.2018Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan