Prosecutor seeks 7-year sentence for APFP member arrested over FETO links
The Baku Court of Grave Crimes continued on Tuesday the trial in the criminal case of Fuad Ahmadli, a member of the Azerbaijani Popular Front Party (APFP), who was arrested over suspected links to the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO).
The investigation was declared concluded during the trial, APA reported.
A state prosecutor asked the court to sentence Fuad Ahmadli 7 years in prison.
The trial will continue on June 16.
Fuad Ahmadli was detained on August 18, 2016 on charges of transferring to third parties the personal data of numerous subscribers of a mobile communication company he worked for, the State Security Service and the Prosecutor General’s Office said in a joint statement.
In the search of Ahmadli’s apartment, books of Fetullah Gulen’s speeches and prohibited religious CDs were found and seized.
The APFP member faces charges under Article 302.1 (infringement of the legislation on operative - search activity) and 308.1 (abusing official powers).
Related news releases
- 18.01.2018Teymur Bunyadov awarded Shohrat Order
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani SEC to hold first stage of paid mock exam for master admission
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan increases salaries of teachers working in state vocational education institutions
- 17.01.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan SEC announces dates of final, entrance exams in 2018
- 16.01.2018Keshikchi Dag monastery needs to be repaired – Azerbaijani State Service
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani State Agency for Compulsory Health Insurance becomes public legal entity
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani Supreme Court denies former health minister’s appeal
- 16.01.2018Isa Gambar in stable condition, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Siyavush Novruzov: If necessary, state will support Isa Gambar’s treatment
- 15.01.2018Isa Gambar’s health condition improving, cardiologist says
- 15.01.2018Health Ministry: Infant and child mortality rates in Azerbaijan drop three times
- 14.01.2018Recent discovery in Meteorites may prove there is life outside Earth - Study
- 13.01.2018Baku awaits rainy weather on Sunday
- 10.01.2018Citizens of Non-Aligned movement states to get education grants in Azerbaijan
- 10.01.2018Iranian FM in Russia for talks on nuclear deal, Syria
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: 2,300 IDP families provided with new apartments in 2017
- 08.01.2018Masalli resident captures injured eagle
- 06.01.2018President Ilham Aliyev signs order on highway construction in Khachmaz
- 06.01.2018Turkish citizen standing trial in Azerbaijan
- 06.01.2018ANAMA issues 2017 annual report
- 05.01.2018FEP rates photo of Heydar Aliyev Center as ‘Cover Picture of 2017’
- 05.01.2018Man detained attempting to smuggle drugs from Iran to Azerbaijan
- 03.01.2018MES holds operational meeting on search of missing climbers
- 03.01.2018Nearly 386,000 children born worldwide on New Year’s Day, says UNICEF
- 31.12.2017Baku welcomes New Year - PHOTOSESSION
- 31.12.2017World Azerbaijanis mark Solidarity Day
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani president approves “Law on Restriction of Use of Tobacco Products”
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan abolishes penalty for conversation that can district driver’s attention
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan establishes professional holiday of ASAN Service employees
- 29.12.2017Diabetics increase, specialists decrease in numbers in Azerbaijan
- 29.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev visits Yanardag Reserve
- 29.12.2017Israeli ambassador visits Pirallahi district
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijan weather forecast for holidays
- 29.12.2017Azerbaijani MP suggests exempting disabled from education fee
- 29.12.2017January weather forecast for Azerbaijan
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan makes structural changes to Economy Ministry
- 28.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev confers honorary titles upon several people on Day of Solidarity of World Azerbaijanis
- 28.12.2017Relocation from Sovetsky to continue in January 2018
- 27.12.2017Azerbaijan detains Indian citizens accused of aiding illegal migration
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends inauguration of Sabirabad District Central Hospital
- 29.11.2017Most appeals to State Committee have to do with non-payment of alimonies
- 29.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves funding for renovation works in Aghjabadi
- 28.11.2017Ivanka Trump praises Azerbaijani girl entrepreneur for her invention
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Aghjabadi Olympic Sport Complex
- 28.11.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created at military unit in Aghjabadi