Transfer of students to start on Feb. 1 – Education Ministry
E-document admission on the transfer of students from universities in Azerbaijan or abroad, or from one specialty to another, as well as students of secondary specialized educational institutions located in the country and students of master degree will start on February 1, the Education Ministry told APA.
The document admission will be carried out through transfer.edu.az portal from February 1 till 7.
Applicants will have an opportunity to choose the educational institution they would like to be transferred to. For this purpose, they can enter the required information and determine whether they meet the transfer criteria.
The portal, which was created jointly by the Education Ministry and State Examination Center (SEC), serves to simplify the transfer of students and to ensure transparency.
Transfer of students is carried out on winter and summer holidays with the consent of the Ministry of Education. In the admission exams held by State Examination Center, the score higher than the lower limit set by the higher education institutions they want to be transferred to in the same year. The student’s current and desired specialties must be among the same specialty groups defined by the State Examination Center.
According to the rules, students from non-accredited higher educational institutions of foreign countries and students receiving postal education in other countries are not allowed to be transferred. In addition, the university the student currently studies at being among top ones is one of the factors that are taken into account.
Students who are transferred via transfer.edu.az portal do not have the right to refuse the higher education institution or specialty.
Over the past academic year, 1,191 students have been transferred via the portal.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev attended commencement ceremony at ADA University
- 25.05.2018Akif Chovdarov asks court to acquit him
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss amendments to law on road traffic
- 24.05.2018President Aliyev: Number of Azerbaijani IDPs provided with housing to reach 285,000 by year-end
- 24.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new residential complex for IDPs in Baku
- 23.05.2018Payments on insurance against industrial accidents amounts to AZN 1.4M
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP criticizes NGOs: Many of them engaged in populism
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP opposes equating bride kidnapping to abduction
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP expresses disapproval of media coverage of suicides among youth
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani MP proposes reducing number of children for notion of multiple-children family from 5 to 3
- 23.05.2018Round table on theme “Azerbaijani family model” kicks off in parliament
- 23.05.2018MP: In most cases Facebook, SMS messages end marriages in Azerbaijan
- 23.05.2018Number of people with disabilities in Azerbaijan announced
- 22.05.2018Azerbaijan to amend law on education
- 21.05.2018Teachers to undergo certification testing in Azerbaijan
- 19.05.2018Weather forecast for May 20
- 18.05.2018Newspaper Echo closing down
- 18.05.2018More than 900 people die of HIV in Azerbaijan over past 31 years
- 18.05.2018Azerbaijan’s SEC to hold TOEFL IBT and SAT exams
- 18.05.2018193 diagnosed with HIV in Azerbaijan in 2018, 16 mortalities reported
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan’s Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources has received a BP delegation.
- 17.05.2018Much remains to be done to solve IDPs’ problems in Azerbaijan: State Committee
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC chairperson comments on suicides of two applicants
- 17.05.2018Azerbaijan SEC gives applicants opportunity to change specialty groups
- 17.05.2018Carpet weaved during period of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic put on display
- 17.05.2018Bodies of Azerbaijani mountaineers handed over to families
- 16.05.2018U.S. citizens traveling by AZAL's New York-Baku flight to be granted ASAN Visa
- 16.05.2018Azerbaijani Cabinet of Ministers mulls strengthening control over illicit medicine trade
- 16.05.2018Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of Nakhchivan Teachers Institute
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates secondary school in Nakhchivan
- 16.05.2018President Ilham Aliyev launches start of reconstruction of water supply system in Nakhchivan
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani SEC announces results of entrance exams on 2nd and 3rd specialty groups
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijani president inaugurates new building of Heydar Aliyev Modern Educational Complex - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Azerbaijan creates organizing committee to hold European Youth Olympic Festival
- 15.05.2018Amount of fee for ASAN visas offered at Azerbaijani airports determined
- 15.05.2018Over 430,000 foreigners granted Azerbaijani visas via ASAN Visa since January 2017
- 15.05.2018ASAN Visa system launched at Baku’s Heydar Aliyev International Airport
- 14.05.2018Evasion from paying unemployment insurance and mandatory state social insurance to entail criminal liability
- 12.05.2018Traffic movement to be restricted in center of Baku tomorrow
- 31.01.2018Azerbaijani parliament to discuss new bill on Alat Free Economic Zone
- 31.01.2018Kazakh Mazhilis chairman due in Azerbaijan
- 31.01.2018First lunar eclipse of 2018 takes place
- 31.01.2018Number of thalassemia carriers in Azerbaijan announced
- 30.01.2018Chamber of Accounts appeals to Prosecutor General’s Office concerning Republican Center for Hygiene and Epidemiology
- 30.01.2018Pardon order expected in Azerbaijan on occasion of Novruz Holiday