UNEC hosts conference dedicated to Nobel Prize winner Aziz Sancar
A film about the outstanding scientist’s life and activities was screened at the conference, APA reports.
UNEC rector, Professor Adalat Muradov said that though the university welcomed many Nobel Prize winners so far, Sancar is quite different: “Aziz Sancar has been invited to Azerbaijan not as a chemist, but a Turkish scientist. The personality of Aziz Sancar is very dear to us as the first Turkish winner of Nobel prize in science.”
The rector said that Sancar has been invited to Azerbaijan at the invitation of Education Minister Mikayil Jabbarov.
Aziz Sancar addressed scientific community of Azerbaijan. The professor said that there were neither competition nor cooperation among him and other Nobel Prize-winning scientists.
Sancar noted that other prominent scientists not winning the Nobel Prize also made contributions to humanity. The booklet titled “Aziz Sancar’s Nobel Biography” translated into Azerbaijan was presented. Muradov said that the booklet is a perfect work in terms of form and content.
Then Sancar answered the questions.
The rector said that “Aziz Sancar’s award” will be created in UNEC in the next academic year, as well as a laboratory named after Aziz Sancar will be established.
UNEC’s title “Honored Doctor” was presented to Aziz Sancar.
- 19.09.2017Number of Azerbaijani students studying at state expense in China announced
- 19.09.2017MP Alizade proposes banning hookah smoking in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijan may list historical items older than 1960 as cultural resources
- 19.09.2017Foreigners to be required additional documents to get their driver licenses changed in Azerbaijan
- 19.09.2017People's Artist Fuad Poladov says he was diagnosed with lung cancer 3 months ago - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017World Bank, Azerbaijani State Committee for Refugee and IDP Affairs implement $170 mln credit projects
- 18.09.2017Tbilisi hosts int’l conference on fight against tuberculosis
- 16.09.2017Winners of essay contest amongst youth of Islamic countries awarded
- 16.09.2017Temperature to be 35C in Baku, 36C in regions tomorrow
- 16.09.2017Azerbaijan Education Ministry: Students of Tafakkur University will not be awarded a diploma because it is not accredited
- 16.09.2017New specialty to be created in master’s programme
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves 2017-2021 State Youth Programme
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan changing rules for foreigners obtaining scientific degree
- 15.09.2017Sharp decline in natural growth in Azerbaijani-populated Georgian region
- 15.09.2017Number of Azerbaijan population announced
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: School-building process in Azerbaijan going on rapidly
- 15.09.2017New building of French-Azerbaijani University inaugurated
- 15.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates new building of school-lyceum in Baku - UPDATED
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijani president: We ourselves set new standards
- 15.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Lots of schools in Azerbaijan repaired in recent years
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Day of Knowledge - PHOTOSESSION
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan celebrates Knowledge Day
- 13.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev grants scholarship to students admitted to universities
- 13.09.2017UNHCR report highlights education crisis for refugee children
- 13.09.2017Another IBA official standing trial on fraud charges
- 13.09.2017Georgian Azerbaijanis stage protest over Myanmar violence
- 13.09.2017Lapshin thanks Azerbaijani president for pardoning him
- 12.09.2017Trial of Azerbaijan MNS ex-officials continues
- 12.09.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Additional exams to be held for students who missed final exams
- 11.09.2017Lapshin will most likely be sent to Israel tomorrow – lawyer
- 11.09.2017First VP Mehriban Aliyeva views renovated orphanage-kindergarten in Baku
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views special school in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Lapshin attempts suicide under pretext of delayed extradition: Penitentiary Service
- 11.09.2017Mehman Aliyev released from prison
- 11.09.2017Azerbaijani president tells law enforcement agencies to consider Mehman Aliyev’s appeal
- 11.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev views schools in Baku after major overhaul
- 11.09.2017Prominent scientist Lotfi Zadeh to be buried in 1st Alley of Honor
- 09.09.2017Iosif Kobzon awarded honorary diploma of Azerbaijani president
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijan announces rewards for athletes who achieved high results in 29th Summer Universiade
- 08.09.2017Italian embassy in Baku explains reason for refusing student visas
- 13.06.2017ANAS president: Farmlands make up 20 percent of Azerbaijan’s territory
- 13.06.2017Ex-ministry official Vidadi Zeynalov pays for part of damage caused to state
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijan: Deaths among children aged under 1 mainly observed in Baku
- 12.06.2017Aziz Sancar: When I was awarded Nobel Prize, entire Turkic world was pleased
- 12.06.2017Mud volcano erupts in Azerbaijan
- 12.06.2017Project on fight against human trafficking to be implemented in Azerbaijan