Zakir Garalov: Some political parties, NGOs violated Azerbaijan’s legislation
Some political parties and NGOs, calling themselves oppositionists and not registered properly in Azerbaijan, have violated the country’s legislation, in particular the requirements in the field of financial transparency, Azerbaijan’s Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov told reporters on Tuesday, APA reported.
Garalov noted that political parties and NGOs should notify the Central Election Commission and the Finance Ministry, respectively, of the grants and funds they received from international organizations.
“They haven’t provided such information for years. We had to take a number of serious measures to make them honor Azerbaijan’s laws,” he added.
Garalov said that following the improvement of the law in this field such parties and NGOs cannot illegally receive funds in Azerbaijan.
He stressed that those political parties and NGOs, through their bank accounts in other countries, aim to illegally attract funds to Azerbaijan.
“This is not allowed and will continue to be strictly prevented. How can these people who have not been engaged in public activities for decades and have not worked in any structures hire bodyguards and buy foreign cars? Why do they refuse to submit their financial reports? For example, the New Azerbaijan Party submits a relevant report every year. Illegally operating institutions are speaking about the rule of law, but are involved in such illegal corruption donation. We will determine those illegal sources,” he added.
Related news releases
- 22.07.2017Those who were taking exam at university at the time of fire will retake exam
- 21.07.2017President: Investments to be made in pharmaceutical factories amount to $100 million
- 21.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Drinking water supply projects successfully implemented in Azerbaijan
- 21.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views plans of work to be done in center of Pirallahi
- 20.07.2017Azerbaijani president awards Avaz Alakbarov
- 20.07.2017Ilham Aliyev: Nearly 80 percent of Azerbaijani population is internet users
- 20.07.2017Alexander Lapshin sentenced to 3 years in prison
- 19.07.2017Article by TEAS director published on website of “Peace and Sport” organization
- 19.07.2017Delegation of Pakistan’s National Disaster Management Authority arrives in Azerbaijan
- 19.07.2017Prosecutor seeks 4.5 years behind bars for APFP chairman’s assistant
- 19.07.2017UN report: 443,000 teens give birth in Eastern Europe and Central Asia every year
- 19.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 18.07.2017Opening of new TV channel proposed in Azerbaijan
- 18.07.2017ANAMA: 300ha area cleared of mine, UXOs in Jojug Marjanli
- 17.07.2017Kamran Aliyev: In Azerbaijan more bribes offered than taken
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan concludes investigation into 19 criminal cases on banking sector
- 17.07.2017Azerbaijan completes investigation into criminal cases of 133 officials charged with corruption
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views conditions created in new park in Yasamal
- 15.07.2017Azerbaijani President warns officials, businessmen against cutting down trees
- 15.07.2017Int’l dolma festival held in Azerbaijan’s Khachmaz
- 15.07.2017President Ilham Aliyev views newly built park in Yasamal district
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani Health Ministry: 12,036 people wishing to marry diagnosed with thalassemia
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijani Education Ministry: Application for transfer of students to begin on July 17
- 14.07.2017Vugar Safarli: Names of journalists to be given apartments will be announced on July 21
- 14.07.2017Azerbaijan SEC to hold entrance exams on II and III specialty groups
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijani president approves amendments to law on education
- 13.07.2017Azerbaijan bans advertising of abortion and artificial fermentation
- 12.07.2017Azerbaijani President: Some public servants misbehave and make blatant mistakes
- 12.07.2017Judicial investigation into Alexander Lapshin’s case concludes
- 12.07.2017Trial of Azerbaijani ministry’s ex-official continues
- 11.07.2017Azerbaijan appoints new chairpersons to several courts of appeal
- 11.07.2017New chairpersons appointed to civil, military collegiums of Azerbaijani Supreme Court
- 11.07.2017APA photographers among best of Baku 2017
- 11.07.2017Lapshin’s trial postponed
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani Prosecutor’s Office receives submission on initiation of criminal case against former national security minister
- 10.07.2017Former MNS official stripped of his rank of colonel, jailed for 12 years
- 10.07.2017SEC announces date of new test exams for civil service recruitment
- 10.07.2017SEC: 11-grade final exam results roughly same as last year’s
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani SEC: Cases of abuse reported in fixed-term employment
- 10.07.2017Azerbaijani SEC makes changes in test exams for civil service recruitment
- 17.03.2014ASAIF Berlin forum postponed
- 17.03.2014New rector appointed to Baku Slavic University
- 19.03.2014Leyla Aliyeva attends Novruz festivities for orphans and children with special care needs - PHOTOSESSION
- 17.03.2014Azerbaijan to switch to summer time on night of March 29-30
- 15.03.2014Legend of Arms exhibition launched at Heydar Aliyev Center
- 15.03.2014Venezuela's foreign minister calls Kerry 'murderer'