Azerbaijan to create National Anti-Doping Agency
Baku. Mubariz Aslanov – APA. The draft law “On fight against the use of doping substances and doping methods in sport” was put up for discussion at today’s session of the Azerbaijani parliament.
Chairman of the Parliament’s Youth and Sports Committee Fuad Muradov gave information about the draft law and said there were problems due to lack of legal background in the fight against doping. “This draft law will overcome this gap,” he said.
Muradov said doping problems were studied and the draft law “On fight against the use of doping substances and doping methods in sport” was developed by experts of relevant state agencies. “The law comprises 8 chapters and 42 articles. It envisages rules for implementing doping controls, violations, providing medical services for athletes and other issues,” he added.
The committee chairman said that the draft law envisages the establishment of National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA). Moreover, it proposes creation of an appeal commission and sport arbitration under the agency.
Taking part in the discussion, Gudrat Hasanguliyev emphasized with regret that Azerbaijan is also mentioned in doping issues. According to him, approval of the draft law will eliminate this case. The MP made a proposal that the number of sport lessons, especially football lessons should be increased, and the use of Olympic complexes constructed in the regions should be simplified.
The draft law was put up for voting and approved.
Related news releases
- 02.12.2017Farid Gayibov elected as UEG president
- 17.09.2017Ganja Marathon-2017, organized at initiative of Heydar Aliyev Foundation kicks off - UPDATED
- 18.08.2017Ramil Guliyev: “I raised the flags of two countries” – INTERVIEW
- 14.08.2015Serbian athlete wins gold medal in World Cup competitions held in Gabala
- 12.08.2015Chinese athletes rank first with 7 medals in World Cup competitions
- 11.08.2015Chinese athletes won 3rd gold medal within World Cup competitions held in Gabala
- 10.08.2015Italian coach: ISSF World Cup in Gabala has been organized at the highest level
- 10.08.2015World Cup competitions of pistol shooting at three distances kick off in Gabala
- 24.02.2015Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijani President: "Winning the World Cup is a great event""
- 01.05.2014150 sportsmen from 22 countries to compete in IFSC Climbing World Cup
- 22.04.2014Baku to host IFSC Climbing World Cup
- 13.01.2014Vugar Hashimov to be buried in 3rd Alley of Honor
- 31.07.20139 Turkish athletes banned for banned drug use
- 29.07.2013Participants of international bicycle tour started from Belgium arrive in Azerbaijan
- 24.07.2013Decision passed to hold Islamic Solidarity Games 2017 in Baku - PHOTO
- 10.07.2013Azad Rahimov: “Wrestling can not be excluded from Olympic games”
- 10.07.2013Azerbaijani weightlifter becomes champion of Universiade - PHOTOSESSION
- 11.05.2013Azerbaijan to host World Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship 2019
- 19.04.2013Foundation stone for Water Sports Palace laid in Azerbaijan
- 30.08.2012Azerbaijani President issues order on construction of Palace of Water Sports in Baku
- 11.10.2011What did the World Boxing Championship in Baku make clear? – ANALYSIS
- 15.07.2011Azerbaijani President receives President of International Weightlifting Federation
- 09.03.2011Azerbaijani President meets with president of International Canoe Federation
- 23.02.2011British Embassy Azerbaijan will mark 500 days to until the London Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012
- 11.02.2011President of Azerbaijan meets with head of International Skating Union
- 25.12.2010Mehriban Aliyeva re-elected president of Azerbaijan Gymnastics Federation
- 24.09.2010Athletes arrive for Games, but future in doubt
- 12.09.2010Klitschko defends boxing titles in rematch with Nigerian Nightmare
- 13.07.2010Azerbaijan to host World Boxing Championship next year
- 25.05.2010Azeri fencers claim 3 medals at international Baku tournament
- 21.05.2010Azerbaijani bodybuilder ranks fourth in European Championship
- 28.12.200960,000-seat stadium to be built in Azerbaijan’s capital
- 09.09.2009Azerbaijan’s flag raised in Armenia
- 04.09.2009Beijing Olympic gold medalist Elnur Mammadli appointed senior traffic patrol inspector
- 26.08.2009Ground-breaking ceremony of Gymnastics Complex takes place in Baku
- 21.08.2009New base under construction for Azerbaijani Air and Extreme Sports Federation near Baku-Sumgayit highway
- 21.08.2009Africa excursion of Azerbaijan Air and Extreme Sports Federation costs AZN 25,000
- 17.08.2009Azerbaijan Air and Extreme Sports Federation leaves for Uhuru peak, Africa
- 09.05.2009Climbing to Heydar Peak of the Great Caucasian Mountains starts
- 04.03.2009Azad Rahimov: “Coaches are unskilled”
- 07.05.2017Synergy Baku`s Pozdnyakov defends leader`s jersey at Tour d'Azerbaidjan ahead of final
- 09.05.2017Mehriban Aliyeva conferred with highest award of International Gym Federation
- 15.08.2017World champion Ramil Guliyev: "Azerbaijan is always in our heart"
- 12.05.2016Islamic Solidarity Games executives arrive in Baku
- 24.12.2015Azerbaijan’s first lady re-elected as president of Gymnastics Federation
- 15.08.2015World Cup winner: I'm returning to Serbia with joy of win