Heydar Aliyev Foundation-initiated Baku Marathon-2018 starts
Baku Marathon-2018, arranged under the auspices of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation, has kicked off.
Vice-president of the Heydar Aliyev Foundation Leyla Aliyeva and Arzu Aliyeva are attending the marathon held under the slogan “Win the wind”.
The semi-marathon will cover a distance of 21 kilometers, starting at the national Flag Square and finishing at Baku Olympic Stadium.
The marathon aims to develop sport industry, create investment opportunities through attracting potential investors for raising additional funding, promote healthy lifestyle, and attract tourists.
This year’s semi-marathon was open to anyone above the age of 16 upon prior registration, and the event got nearly 18,000 registered participants.
The marathon features participants from the Azerbaijani regions, including Ganja, Sumgayit, Mingachevir, Guba, Gusar, Lankaran, Astara, Nakhchivan, Gabala, Shamakhi, Zagatala, Shaki and Oghuz, as well as guests from Italy, France, Russia, Turkey, Iran, Georgia, Ukraine, Belarus, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, Iraq, USA, China, Malaysia, India, Japan, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Colombia, Lithuania, Latvia, Germany, Czech Republic and other countries.
Among the participants are also representatives of the embassies of Italy, Russia, Turkey, China, Malaysia, India, Japan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Colombia, United Arab Emirates, Lithuania and Latvia in Azerbaijan.
Awards for the Baku Marathon 2018 will be granted in two categories: the first three places among men and women. Winners of the first places in both categories will be awarded 3,000 AZN, whereas the second and third prize winners are to get 2,000 and 1,000 AZN respectively along with gifts, medals and certificates. Besides, the winners of 4-10 places among men and women categories will get various gifts from sponsors. Volunteers supporting the marathon and all participants will be awarded certificates by the organizers.
The funds to be raised by the marathon will be spent to fund the Heydar Aliyev Foundation`s project to help children deprived of parental care.
- 15.08.2017World champion Ramil Guliyev: "Azerbaijan is always in our heart"
- 09.05.2017Mehriban Aliyeva conferred with highest award of International Gym Federation
- 07.05.2017Synergy Baku`s Pozdnyakov defends leader`s jersey at Tour d'Azerbaidjan ahead of final
- 28.10.2016Azerbaijan to create National Anti-Doping Agency
- 12.05.2016Islamic Solidarity Games executives arrive in Baku
- 24.12.2015Azerbaijan’s first lady re-elected as president of Gymnastics Federation
- 15.08.2015World Cup winner: I'm returning to Serbia with joy of win
- 14.08.2015Serbian athlete wins gold medal in World Cup competitions held in Gabala
- 12.08.2015Chinese athletes rank first with 7 medals in World Cup competitions
- 11.08.2015Chinese athletes won 3rd gold medal within World Cup competitions held in Gabala
- 10.08.2015Italian coach: ISSF World Cup in Gabala has been organized at the highest level
- 10.08.2015World Cup competitions of pistol shooting at three distances kick off in Gabala
- 24.02.2015Azerbaijani President: "Azerbaijani President: "Winning the World Cup is a great event""
- 01.05.2014150 sportsmen from 22 countries to compete in IFSC Climbing World Cup
- 22.04.2014Baku to host IFSC Climbing World Cup
- 13.01.2014Vugar Hashimov to be buried in 3rd Alley of Honor
- 31.07.20139 Turkish athletes banned for banned drug use
- 29.07.2013Participants of international bicycle tour started from Belgium arrive in Azerbaijan
- 24.07.2013Decision passed to hold Islamic Solidarity Games 2017 in Baku - PHOTO
- 10.07.2013Azad Rahimov: “Wrestling can not be excluded from Olympic games”
- 10.07.2013Azerbaijani weightlifter becomes champion of Universiade - PHOTOSESSION
- 11.05.2013Azerbaijan to host World Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship 2019
- 19.04.2013Foundation stone for Water Sports Palace laid in Azerbaijan
- 30.08.2012Azerbaijani President issues order on construction of Palace of Water Sports in Baku
- 11.10.2011What did the World Boxing Championship in Baku make clear? – ANALYSIS
- 15.07.2011Azerbaijani President receives President of International Weightlifting Federation
- 09.03.2011Azerbaijani President meets with president of International Canoe Federation
- 23.02.2011British Embassy Azerbaijan will mark 500 days to until the London Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2012
- 11.02.2011President of Azerbaijan meets with head of International Skating Union
- 25.12.2010Mehriban Aliyeva re-elected president of Azerbaijan Gymnastics Federation
- 24.09.2010Athletes arrive for Games, but future in doubt
- 12.09.2010Klitschko defends boxing titles in rematch with Nigerian Nightmare
- 13.07.2010Azerbaijan to host World Boxing Championship next year
- 25.05.2010Azeri fencers claim 3 medals at international Baku tournament
- 21.05.2010Azerbaijani bodybuilder ranks fourth in European Championship
- 28.12.200960,000-seat stadium to be built in Azerbaijan’s capital
- 09.09.2009Azerbaijan’s flag raised in Armenia
- 04.09.2009Beijing Olympic gold medalist Elnur Mammadli appointed senior traffic patrol inspector
- 26.08.2009Ground-breaking ceremony of Gymnastics Complex takes place in Baku
- 21.08.2009New base under construction for Azerbaijani Air and Extreme Sports Federation near Baku-Sumgayit highway
- 02.12.2017Farid Gayibov elected as UEG president
- 17.09.2017Ganja Marathon-2017, organized at initiative of Heydar Aliyev Foundation kicks off - UPDATED
- 18.08.2017Ramil Guliyev: “I raised the flags of two countries” – INTERVIEW