Azerbaijani president, his spouse present F1 trophies to European GP winners
Baku - APA. The awarding ceremony was held in Baku on June 19 for the winners of the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe.
The trophies were presented by Azerbaijan’s President Ilham Aliyev, his spouse Mehriban Aliyeva, Azerbaijan’s Minister of Youth and Sports Azad Rahimov and President of the Azerbaijan Automobile Federation Anar Alakbarov, APAsport reported.
German driver Nico Rosberg from Mercedes AMG F1 team has won the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe in Baku. His result was 1:48.942.
Scuderia Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel came in second with 1:48.921 second lag, followed by Force India’s Sergio Perez (1:48.269), who was given a gearbox change penalty.
The Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe was held in Baku on June 19. The Baku circuit, which is slightly over six kilometers, had the racers go 51 laps.
Overall, 11 teams, two drivers in each, competed in the race.
Azerbaijan hosted the Formula 1 Grand Prix of Europe for the first time. The event started on June 17 and ended today, on June 19.
Related news releases
- 14.02.2011President Ilham Aliyev: “Inter” club cheered the Azerbaijani people with the great victory over the Armenian team
- 29.11.2010Azerbaijan and Spain sign Memorandum of Cooperation on sport - PHOTO
- 24.11.2010Azerbaijan and Spain to sign Memorandum of sports cooperation
- 22.09.201018th Council of Europe Informal Conference of Ministers responsible for Sport wrapped up in Baku
- 30.08.2010Azerbaijani President receives athletes and experts who participated in Singapore Youth Olympic Games
- 23.05.2010Azerbaijani fencer wins gold at international tournament
- 02.04.2010Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev receives President of International Fencing Federation
- 10.12.2009President of Azerbaijan receives President of International Boxing Association
- 15.10.2009President of Azerbaijan attend the opening ceremony of Hovsan Olympic Center
- 12.11.2008Baku hosts 9th Conference of International Firefighting and Lifesaving Sport Federation
- 03.09.2008SOCAR builds 65000-seat stadium
- 02.09.2008Youth and sports minister Azad Rahimov to hold press conference tomorrow
- 28.08.2008Ismayıl Ismayılov says Nizami Pashayev failed to score Olympic medal for leg injury
- 30.07.2008Azeri sportsman to get AZN 600,000 award for Beijing Olympics win
- 18.07.2008AzTV Sports wins contest
- 18.07.2008AzTV Sport TV Channel expected to function within 2-3 months - UPDATED
- 09.07.2008Azerbaijani President issues a decree to amend some decrees on state property privatization
- 10.12.2017Overtaking at the Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2017 voted as the best pass of the season
- 19.06.2016Nico Rosberg wins F1 European Grand Prix in Baku
- 21.01.2016First Lady of Azerbaijan Mehriban Aliyeva awarded EOC Order of Merit
- 09.06.20112012 London Olympics Torch Design Revealed