President Ilham Aliyev inaugurates Absheron Olympic Sport Complex - UPDATED
On Nov. 16, President of the Republic of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev attended the inauguration of the Absheron Olympic Sport Complex in the city of Khirdalan.
The head of state cut the ribbon symbolizing the opening of the complex.
The Absheron Olympic and Sport Complex was constructed under the order of the Azerbaijani president.
After viewing the complex, Ilham Aliyev met with representatives of the district's general public and athletes.
Three-time world champion in wrestling Haji Aliyev thanked President Ilham Aliyev for his attention and care.
The president said that big construction, landscaping work has been carried out, infrastructure projects have been implemented in Absheron district.
“Problems with main infrastructure have been solved in the district,” noted the president, adding that seven road projects covering 16 settlements have been implemented in the district, the gas supply is ensured by 100 percent, and there is no problem with power supply.
“Drinking water problem is also being gradually solved. According to the information I received, the water problem of Khirdalan city has been solved. This issue will also be solved in other settlements,” said President Aliyev.
Speaking about new jobs, the head of state said there are more than 100 industrial enterprises in Absheron, where thousands of people are working.
“A social infrastructure is being created; this beautiful Olympic Complex, more than 10 schools have been built and repaired. In short, big work is being carried out to develop the region thoroughly; new parks, public places are being created, and buildings are being repaired,” he noted.
An upcoming decree will envisage the reconstruction of buildings that need repair, said the president, adding that the Absheron district is developing thoroughly.
Additional measures related to the social and economic development of the district will be taken in the coming years, added President Aliyev.
Azerbaijan is completing 2017 with good results and accomplishments in economic, social and international politics, said the president.
“We once again demonstrate that the development is stable and successful in Azerbaijan,” noted the head of state, adding that Azerbaijan will only move forward at a great speed and with great success in the coming years.
“There are still many challenges ahead. We have to solve all the problems, issues that concern people,” said President Aliyev, adding that the problems of both Baku, big cities and even a smallest village should be in the spotlight.
“I once again congratulate you on this wonderful event and wish the athletes new success,” said the head of state.
He wished the residents of the Absheron district new achievements, good health and happiness, and expressed confidence that there will be many such wonderful events in the district.
Related news releases
- 28.02.2018Russia's Olympic ban lifted following doping violations
- 28.12.2017Azerbaijan's First VP Mehriban Aliyeva announced Sports Organizer of Year
- 23.12.2017Olympic Committee bans 11 Russian athletes for life
- 18.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards several people for contributing to development of sports in Azerbaijan
- 18.12.2017Azerbaijani president: No sports success possible without children’s sports
- 18.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan is a strong sporting nation
- 18.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev awards Azerbaijani athletes who achieved high results in 2017
- 18.12.2017President Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony dedicated to sport results of 2017
- 12.12.2017ROC’s Assembly stands for Russian athletes’ participation in Winter Olympics
- 10.12.2017OCR head hopes Russian athletes’ Olympic kits to feature national details
- 29.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev presented with highest award of Int’l Judo Federation - UPDATED
- 29.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev receive representatives of international sports organizations
- 05.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev approves additional funding for construction of Olympic Sports Complex in Lankaran
- 13.06.2017Ramil Gasimov honored with special Olympic stipend of Azerbaijani President
- 23.05.2017Azerbaijan can bid to host Summer Olympics 2028
- 03.05.2017Tour d'Azerbaidjan bicycle race starts, traffic in five directions to be restricted temporarily
- 20.04.2017Azerbaijan: visa-free entry for Islamic Games participants and journalists
- 06.04.2017Rivals of Azerbaijan national teams at the IV Islamic solidarity games determined
- 31.03.2017Azerbaijan lifts visa requirement for persons involved in organizing 4th Islamic Solidarity Games
- 14.03.2017Prosecutors to deal with any reported suspicion of manipulation in sports competitions
- 24.01.2017Ecclestone replaced as Formula One boss: report
- 23.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan always takes principled position on any matter
- 23.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Baku 2015 – another indication of development of Azerbaijani sports
- 23.12.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan known as sports country worldwide
- 23.12.2016Ilham Aliyev attends ceremony dedicated to sport results of 2016 - UPDATED
- 07.12.2016IOC extends doping-related sanctions against Russia
- 01.12.2016Ilham Aliyev re-elected president of National Olympic Committee
- 01.12.2016FIA confirms 20-race F1 2017 calendar, no Baku/Le Mans clash
- 24.11.2016128 Nigerian policemen killed in 3 months
- 23.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has rich experience in organizing int’l events - UPDATED
- 22.11.2016Kenyan Olympic official arrested over theft of Rio kits
- 18.11.2016Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan had opportunity to bid for Olympic Games
- 21.10.2016Minsk set to host 2019 European Games
- 23.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani athletes face unfair decisions in some competitions
- 23.09.2016President Ilham Aliyev meets with Azerbaijani Paralympians
- 21.09.2016From Baku to Rio with the love of medal
- 18.09.2016Rio 2016: China claim 4x100m medley 34 points gold-
- 18.09.2016Iranian Para-cyclist dies following crash in Rio Paralympics 2016
- 18.09.2016Azerbaijani swimmer wins silver medal Paralympic Games in Rio
- 15.09.2016Rio 2016: Azerbaijani swimmer wins silver medal of the Paralympic Games
- 05.12.2017Russia banned from 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang
- 06.12.2017Russian athletes may carry national flag at 2018 Olympics closing if IOC demands met
- 06.12.2017IOC president denies political reasons behind decision to bar Russia from 2018 Games
- 29.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Sports has turned into important social factor in Azerbaijan
- 29.09.2017President: Holding int’l competitions in Azerbaijan has become a tradition
- 29.09.2017Ilham Aliyev: Funds allocated for sports development in Azerbaijan yielding results