Ali Hasanov: Most int’l organizations recognize occupation of Azerbaijani territories
A short-term scientific awareness course on Armenia’s territorial claims against Azerbaijan and the stages of its aggressive policy for media representatives have come to an end.
The course was held by the Public Association “Karabakh Research Center” on June 13-19 with the support of the State Council of Support to Non-Governmental Organizations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, APA reported.
On the last day of the course, the Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, Ali Hasanov, spoke on the policy of the Azerbaijani state towards the resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Hasanov noted that the main goal of the course, organized by the PA “Karabakh Research Center”, is to familiarize Azerbaijani journalists will all the details of Armenia’s policy of ethnic cleansing, genocide and aggression against Azerbaijanis, which has been going on for more than 200 years.
The president’s aide said that the Armenian factor has always been a political instrument, a weapon in the hands of large empires, and from time to time they used this weapon to achieve their own goals.
Hasanov pointed out that Azerbaijan’s just stance on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is being conveyed to the whole world.
“The Azerbaijani state, with Ilham Aliyev as its president, has over the past 10 years called on all international organizations over the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. As a result, Azerbaijan’s stance on the conflict has won support from all international organizations which it is a member of or it cooperates with. At this point, it’s worth noting the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, which, at almost all summits, has recognized Armenia as an aggressor, confirmed the fact that Azerbaijan’s occupied territories have been occupied, and called for the withdrawal of Armenian troops from Azerbaijani lands,” he said.
Hasanov added: “The Non-Aligned Movement too supported the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity. The Council of Europe, the OSCE, the European Parliament, and other organizations we are a member of or we cooperate with have recognized the fact of occupation and called for the withdrawal of Armenian troops from our lands.”
The presidential aide pointed to the four UN Security Council resolutions which call for an unconditional withdrawal of Armenian troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
“Unfortunately, in the current situation of international relations with multiple standards, there is no international organization and country which exert serious pressure against Armenians to withdraw from the occupied territories”, Hasanov said.
He recalled that Azerbaijan has friends, such Turkey, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and others, which don’t recognize Armenia and don’t build diplomatic relations with it.
According to him, it will be possible to build relations with Armenia only after the occupied territories are liberated, the refugees and internally displaced persons return to their native lands and peace and stability are completely restored in the region.
At the end, the course participants were presented with certificates and books about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- 22.03.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: Armenia abuses water as means of ‘ecological terror’
- 22.03.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: Int’l community witnessed Armenia’s invasion policy once again
- 22.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 101 times
- 20.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Large part of present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 03.07.2012The use of military force can not resolve Nagorno Karabakh conflict, Herman van Rompuy
- 03.07.2012OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs to visit Azerbaijan on July 10 – EXCLUSIVE
- 04.07.2012EU President: “The negotiations process on settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict can fail without participation of civil society”
- 29.06.2012US Deputy Secretary of State to meet with OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs
- 29.06.2012Jirair Libaridian met with representatives of Public Union of Azerbaijani Community of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 28.06.2012Catherine Ashton: “Progress in the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is vital”