Ali Hasanov: Most int’l organizations recognize occupation of Azerbaijani territories
A short-term scientific awareness course on Armenia’s territorial claims against Azerbaijan and the stages of its aggressive policy for media representatives have come to an end.
The course was held by the Public Association “Karabakh Research Center” on June 13-19 with the support of the State Council of Support to Non-Governmental Organizations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, APA reported.
On the last day of the course, the Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, Ali Hasanov, spoke on the policy of the Azerbaijani state towards the resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Hasanov noted that the main goal of the course, organized by the PA “Karabakh Research Center”, is to familiarize Azerbaijani journalists will all the details of Armenia’s policy of ethnic cleansing, genocide and aggression against Azerbaijanis, which has been going on for more than 200 years.
The president’s aide said that the Armenian factor has always been a political instrument, a weapon in the hands of large empires, and from time to time they used this weapon to achieve their own goals.
Hasanov pointed out that Azerbaijan’s just stance on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is being conveyed to the whole world.
“The Azerbaijani state, with Ilham Aliyev as its president, has over the past 10 years called on all international organizations over the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. As a result, Azerbaijan’s stance on the conflict has won support from all international organizations which it is a member of or it cooperates with. At this point, it’s worth noting the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, which, at almost all summits, has recognized Armenia as an aggressor, confirmed the fact that Azerbaijan’s occupied territories have been occupied, and called for the withdrawal of Armenian troops from Azerbaijani lands,” he said.
Hasanov added: “The Non-Aligned Movement too supported the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity. The Council of Europe, the OSCE, the European Parliament, and other organizations we are a member of or we cooperate with have recognized the fact of occupation and called for the withdrawal of Armenian troops from our lands.”
The presidential aide pointed to the four UN Security Council resolutions which call for an unconditional withdrawal of Armenian troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
“Unfortunately, in the current situation of international relations with multiple standards, there is no international organization and country which exert serious pressure against Armenians to withdraw from the occupied territories”, Hasanov said.
He recalled that Azerbaijan has friends, such Turkey, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and others, which don’t recognize Armenia and don’t build diplomatic relations with it.
According to him, it will be possible to build relations with Armenia only after the occupied territories are liberated, the refugees and internally displaced persons return to their native lands and peace and stability are completely restored in the region.
At the end, the course participants were presented with certificates and books about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- 18.10.2017Armenians attempt provocation at int’l festival in Sochi
- 18.10.2017Azerbaijani State Commission informed of Shahbaz Guliyev’s relocation to Yerevan and return
- 17.10.2017OSCE Chairmanship welcomes fresh commitment by Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 17.10.2017Novruz Mammadov: Sargsyan does not want to give up his habit of derailing talks
- 17.10.2017UN Secretary General welcomes summit between Presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 16.10.2017Sargsyan: We agreed to take measures to further reduce tension on front line
- 16.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs will hold working sessions with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in near future
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents hold one-on meeting in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents meet in Geneva
- 16.10.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet today
- 15.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 112 times
- 12.10.2017Meeting between the presidents of Azerbaijan and Armenia to be held in Geneva next week
- 12.10.2017OSCE monitors border area between Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 11.10.2017Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 09.10.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s attempts to disrupt Karabakh talks failed - UPDATED
- 08.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 87 times
- 07.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs arrives in Baku
- 06.10.2017Book “Children – Innocent Victims of War” published in Azerbaijan
- 06.10.2017Ziyafat Asgarov: If separatism in Karabakh had been prevented earlier, there would not be Kurdish, Catalan crises
- 06.10.2017Organization of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents’ meeting discussed in Yerevan
- 06.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs meet with Armenian FM
- 06.10.2017Georgian Parl’t: No real int’l mediation for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 06.10.2017EU supports efforts towards Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement
- 05.10.2017Armenians appeal to Russian Investigative Committee over historian Kuznetsov’s interviews to APA Information Agency
- 05.10.2017Armenian media distorts Czech Senate president’s remarks about Azerbaijan
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia’s actions contradict basic principles of Christianity
- 05.10.2017US co-chair of OSCE MG visits Nagorno Karabakh
- 05.10.2017Azerbaijani President: "The absence of pressure on the aggressor at the international level is one of the reasons for the unresolved conflict"
- 04.10.2017FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh conflict must be resolved only within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 04.10.2017Moscow does not rule out discussion of Karabakh conflict at CIS FMs’ meeting in Sochi
- 04.10.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia failed to fulfill commitment on Karabakh settlement since accession to Council of Europe
- 04.10.2017Turkey urges citizens not to travel to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 03.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to arrive in Baku on Oct. 7
- 03.10.2017Ukraine committed to supporting Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity – FM
- 02.10.2017“Catalonia referendum was one of events that were huge support to Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh problem”
- 02.10.2017Azerbaijan commemorates 25th anniversary of Khojavand occupation by Armenia
- 02.10.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to visit region this week
- 01.10.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 30.09.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 30.09.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement after their visit to region
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia pursues goal of undermining Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Co-chairs to brief Minsk Group members on Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed: German envoy
- 19.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia tries to interfere with OSCE MG co-chairs’ activities
- 19.06.2017Popov expresses regret over recent ceasefire violations on contact line