Ali Hasanov: Most int’l organizations recognize occupation of Azerbaijani territories
A short-term scientific awareness course on Armenia’s territorial claims against Azerbaijan and the stages of its aggressive policy for media representatives have come to an end.
The course was held by the Public Association “Karabakh Research Center” on June 13-19 with the support of the State Council of Support to Non-Governmental Organizations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, APA reported.
On the last day of the course, the Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, Ali Hasanov, spoke on the policy of the Azerbaijani state towards the resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Hasanov noted that the main goal of the course, organized by the PA “Karabakh Research Center”, is to familiarize Azerbaijani journalists will all the details of Armenia’s policy of ethnic cleansing, genocide and aggression against Azerbaijanis, which has been going on for more than 200 years.
The president’s aide said that the Armenian factor has always been a political instrument, a weapon in the hands of large empires, and from time to time they used this weapon to achieve their own goals.
Hasanov pointed out that Azerbaijan’s just stance on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is being conveyed to the whole world.
“The Azerbaijani state, with Ilham Aliyev as its president, has over the past 10 years called on all international organizations over the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. As a result, Azerbaijan’s stance on the conflict has won support from all international organizations which it is a member of or it cooperates with. At this point, it’s worth noting the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, which, at almost all summits, has recognized Armenia as an aggressor, confirmed the fact that Azerbaijan’s occupied territories have been occupied, and called for the withdrawal of Armenian troops from Azerbaijani lands,” he said.
Hasanov added: “The Non-Aligned Movement too supported the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity. The Council of Europe, the OSCE, the European Parliament, and other organizations we are a member of or we cooperate with have recognized the fact of occupation and called for the withdrawal of Armenian troops from our lands.”
The presidential aide pointed to the four UN Security Council resolutions which call for an unconditional withdrawal of Armenian troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
“Unfortunately, in the current situation of international relations with multiple standards, there is no international organization and country which exert serious pressure against Armenians to withdraw from the occupied territories”, Hasanov said.
He recalled that Azerbaijan has friends, such Turkey, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and others, which don’t recognize Armenia and don’t build diplomatic relations with it.
According to him, it will be possible to build relations with Armenia only after the occupied territories are liberated, the refugees and internally displaced persons return to their native lands and peace and stability are completely restored in the region.
At the end, the course participants were presented with certificates and books about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- 18.01.2018The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs issue joint statement on the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 18.01.2018The OSCE MG Co-Chairs will visit the region in early February
- 18.01.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "The co-chairs proposed a number of creative ideas about the resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 18.01.2018Krakow meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs ends - UPDATED
- 18.01.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani FM, OSCE MG co-chairs kicks off in Krakow
- 18.01.2018Armenia soldier receives gunshot wound
- 18.01.2018Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Poland
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow today
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan welcomes UN chief’s call for revitalizing mediation initiatives for Karabakh conflict
- 17.01.2018ICG reveals some issues to be discussed at upcoming meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani FM: France should prevent entry of Karabakh separatists into its territory
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow
- 15.01.2018MFA: Azerbaijan welcomes the statement of Sergey Lavrov on step by step resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 15.01.2018Moscow says step by step approach needed for Karabakh settlement
- 15.01.2018Russian FM: Karabakh conflict can be resolved only by Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 14.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 13.01.2018EU hails Italy’s commitment to continue strengthening OSCE work to address Karabakh conflict through existing format
- 13.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk reappointed as OSCE Chairman-in-Office Personal Representative
- 12.01.2018U.S. says hopeful signs from Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents should be taken into account
- 11.01.2018FM: Italy to support OSCE MG efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 11.01.2018Department of State urges Americans to avoid traveling to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: World community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as integral part of Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018ICRC visits Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 29.12.2017Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017
- 28.12.2017Baku: Issue of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia discussed with Russia, OSCE and ICRC
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 25.12.2017Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement after their visit to region
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia pursues goal of undermining Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Co-chairs to brief Minsk Group members on Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed: German envoy
- 19.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia tries to interfere with OSCE MG co-chairs’ activities
- 19.06.2017Popov expresses regret over recent ceasefire violations on contact line