Ali Hasanov: Most int’l organizations recognize occupation of Azerbaijani territories
A short-term scientific awareness course on Armenia’s territorial claims against Azerbaijan and the stages of its aggressive policy for media representatives have come to an end.
The course was held by the Public Association “Karabakh Research Center” on June 13-19 with the support of the State Council of Support to Non-Governmental Organizations under the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, APA reported.
On the last day of the course, the Azerbaijani president’s aide for public and political affairs, Ali Hasanov, spoke on the policy of the Azerbaijani state towards the resolution of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
Hasanov noted that the main goal of the course, organized by the PA “Karabakh Research Center”, is to familiarize Azerbaijani journalists will all the details of Armenia’s policy of ethnic cleansing, genocide and aggression against Azerbaijanis, which has been going on for more than 200 years.
The president’s aide said that the Armenian factor has always been a political instrument, a weapon in the hands of large empires, and from time to time they used this weapon to achieve their own goals.
Hasanov pointed out that Azerbaijan’s just stance on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is being conveyed to the whole world.
“The Azerbaijani state, with Ilham Aliyev as its president, has over the past 10 years called on all international organizations over the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict. As a result, Azerbaijan’s stance on the conflict has won support from all international organizations which it is a member of or it cooperates with. At this point, it’s worth noting the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, which, at almost all summits, has recognized Armenia as an aggressor, confirmed the fact that Azerbaijan’s occupied territories have been occupied, and called for the withdrawal of Armenian troops from Azerbaijani lands,” he said.
Hasanov added: “The Non-Aligned Movement too supported the resolution of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict within Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity. The Council of Europe, the OSCE, the European Parliament, and other organizations we are a member of or we cooperate with have recognized the fact of occupation and called for the withdrawal of Armenian troops from our lands.”
The presidential aide pointed to the four UN Security Council resolutions which call for an unconditional withdrawal of Armenian troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
“Unfortunately, in the current situation of international relations with multiple standards, there is no international organization and country which exert serious pressure against Armenians to withdraw from the occupied territories”, Hasanov said.
He recalled that Azerbaijan has friends, such Turkey, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and others, which don’t recognize Armenia and don’t build diplomatic relations with it.
According to him, it will be possible to build relations with Armenia only after the occupied territories are liberated, the refugees and internally displaced persons return to their native lands and peace and stability are completely restored in the region.
At the end, the course participants were presented with certificates and books about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- 23.06.2017Azerbaijani army adequately retaliated against enemy a week ago – President
- 23.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Int’l community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as an integral part of Azerbaijan
- 23.06.2017EU: Ceasefire violations indicate status quo in Karabak conflict ‘unsustainable’
- 22.06.2017Azerbaijan’s refugee and IDP pain highlighted in the French Senate
- 22.06.2017Moscow says OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement fully reflects its stance
- 22.06.2017MFA spokesman: OSCE MG co-chairs should draw conclusions from public discontent in Azerbaijan
- 22.06.2017ICRC begins dialogue with parties on Armenian scout captured by Azerbaijan
- 21.06.2017U.S. Department of State: "The United States is deeply concerned over the recent violations of the ceasefire"
- 21.06.2017ICRC visits Azerbaijani detainees in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 21.06.2017Azerbaijan removes Japanese blogger from ‘black list’
- 21.06.2017Stark reminders of Azerbaijan’s IDP plight come to Brussels
- 21.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 125 times
- 20.06.2017EU envoy expresses concern over situation in South Caucasus
- 20.06.2017Minister: There can’t be an influx of tourists to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM: Some Muslim countries still provide assistance to Armenia
- 20.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM criticizes OSCE MG co-chairs for failing to settle Karabakh conflict
- 19.06.2017Popov: Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents stand for continuation of peace talks
- 19.06.2017Popov: Minsk Group co-chairs’ latest statement addressed to both sides
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani official accuses Armenia of continued provocations
- 19.06.2017Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijan will never give up principle of territorial integrity
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to start visit to Azerbaijan today
- 18.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 17.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Responsibility for escalation of situation in front entirely falls on Armenia
- 17.06.2017Another Armenian soldier killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Two Armenian soldiers wounded in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.06.2017Three Armenian soldiers violating ceasefire killed
- 16.06.2017IDP plight highlighted for new Westminster Parliament
- 16.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia’s policy aimed at maintaining status-quo hinders progress in Karabakh talks
- 16.06.2017Bryza: War is in interests of neither Azerbaijan nor Armenia
- 16.06.2017Ex-US ambassador: Armenia should withdraw from occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.06.2017Bryza: No progress will be achieved in Karabakh talks until US, Russia come to agreement
- 16.06.2017Minister: Armenia tries to misappropriate cultural monuments in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 15.06.2017Russian, French FMs may discuss Karabakh conflict in Moscow
- 15.06.2017Russia says it's doing 'everything possible' for compromise to be reached on Karabakh conflict
- 15.06.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani president: Restoration of Jojug Marjanli village is a historic event
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Army building is number-one priority for Azerbaijani leadership
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: All occupied territories of Azerbaijan will be liberated
- 14.06.2017NATO official compares situation in Karabakh with USSR-US relations during “cold war”
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement after their visit to region
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani FM: Armenia pursues goal of undermining Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Co-chairs to brief Minsk Group members on Karabakh settlement process
- 19.06.2017Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed: German envoy
- 19.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: Armenia tries to interfere with OSCE MG co-chairs’ activities
- 19.06.2017Popov expresses regret over recent ceasefire violations on contact line