Ambassador: MPs’ visit to Nagorno-Karabakh doesn’t reflect stance of Mexican gov’t
The visit of Mexican parliamentarians to the conflict zone does not reflect the official stance of the Mexican government on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Mexican Ambassador to Azerbaijan Juan Rodrigo Labardini Flores told APA on Thursday.
He said that the Mexican government received the news of visit after it had taken place.
Mexico supports a peaceful settlement of the long-standing Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the ambassador stressed.
“The position of the Mexican government is clear from this point of view,” he said urging Azerbaijan and Armenia to resolve the conflict through the mediation of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs.
“The Mexican government supports the resolution of this conflict within international law. We are of the opinion that the relevant UN Security Council resolutions should be fulfilled. These resolutions call for compliance with the ceasefire in the conflict zone and urges respect for Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and sovereignty,” added the ambassador.
The ambassador noted that the Mexican government will investigate the MPs’ illegal visit.
The illegal visit of Mexican MPs Blanca Margarita Cuata Domínguez, María Cristina Teresa García Bravo, and Carlos Hernández Mirón to Azerbaijani lands occupied by Armenia is under investigation, Hikmat Hajiyev, Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson, said earlier.
The Azerbaijani Embassy in Mexico has been given relevant instructions in this regard, Hajiyev said.
The Mexican MPs, accompanied by Armenian Parliament vice-speaker Edward Sharmazanov, met with Ashot Gulyan, the “speaker” of the “parliament” of the separatist regime created in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
Related news releases
- 21.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 101 times
- 20.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Large part of present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 27.10.2017Pakistan doesn’t recognize Armenia as a state, says ambassador
- 28.10.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Zangilan: 24 years under Armenian occupation
- 26.10.2017Top official accuses Euronews of indifference to refugee crisis in Azerbaijan
- 26.10.2017Moscow welcomes agreement reached at Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 26.10.2017Mubariz Gurbanli: Armenians continue to spread lies