Ambassador: MPs’ visit to Nagorno-Karabakh doesn’t reflect stance of Mexican gov’t
The visit of Mexican parliamentarians to the conflict zone does not reflect the official stance of the Mexican government on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Mexican Ambassador to Azerbaijan Juan Rodrigo Labardini Flores told APA on Thursday.
He said that the Mexican government received the news of visit after it had taken place.
Mexico supports a peaceful settlement of the long-standing Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the ambassador stressed.
“The position of the Mexican government is clear from this point of view,” he said urging Azerbaijan and Armenia to resolve the conflict through the mediation of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs.
“The Mexican government supports the resolution of this conflict within international law. We are of the opinion that the relevant UN Security Council resolutions should be fulfilled. These resolutions call for compliance with the ceasefire in the conflict zone and urges respect for Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and sovereignty,” added the ambassador.
The ambassador noted that the Mexican government will investigate the MPs’ illegal visit.
The illegal visit of Mexican MPs Blanca Margarita Cuata Domínguez, María Cristina Teresa García Bravo, and Carlos Hernández Mirón to Azerbaijani lands occupied by Armenia is under investigation, Hikmat Hajiyev, Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson, said earlier.
The Azerbaijani Embassy in Mexico has been given relevant instructions in this regard, Hajiyev said.
The Mexican MPs, accompanied by Armenian Parliament vice-speaker Edward Sharmazanov, met with Ashot Gulyan, the “speaker” of the “parliament” of the separatist regime created in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
Related news releases
- 20.11.2017Turkish Ambassador to Russia: "In Sochi, Erdogan and Putin discussed the Nagorno Karabakh conflict only in a tete-a-tete meeting"
- 20.11.2017UNSC resolutions demanding liberation of Azerbaijani lands under discussion – Russian FM
- 20.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement should be tripled
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: UNSC resolutions to remain in force until implementation
- 20.11.2017Russia will work on peaceful solution acceptable to Karabakh conflict parties – Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Karabakh conflict is 'unacceptable and unstable'
- 20.11.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite provocations of Armenia and its patrons, Azerbaijan doesn’t step back from ‘peace course’
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Deadlock in US-Russia ties doesn’t affect cooperation on Karabakh settlement
- 20.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will avenge child victims of Armenian armed provocations
- 20.11.201726 years pass since Armenia shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 16.11.2017Baku agrees with proposal to hold meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in Vienna - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Moscow reacts to Matthew Bryza’s statement on possible change in Minsk Group format
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage rally outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi, demand release of hostages Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 15.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan wants concrete results in Karabakh talks
- 15.11.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh must be implemented
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity at any cost
- 14.11.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 14.11.2017Lavrov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement to be discussed in Baku and Yerevan
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’
- 10.11.2017OSCE Permanent Council holds meeting on Karabakh conflict
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan expects OSCE MG to take practical steps to intensify peace negotiations over Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 09.11.2017Contacts in various formats on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are no exception – Russian Foreign Ministry
- 08.11.2017Armenians attempt to interrupt Karabakh discussions during NATO PA seminar
- 08.11.2017Moscow: OSCE MG co-chairs plan to organize meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs by year-end
- 07.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: To change status quo, occupation of Azerbaijani lands must end
- 07.11.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 27.10.2017Pakistan doesn’t recognize Armenia as a state, says ambassador
- 28.10.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Zangilan: 24 years under Armenian occupation
- 26.10.2017Top official accuses Euronews of indifference to refugee crisis in Azerbaijan
- 26.10.2017Moscow welcomes agreement reached at Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 26.10.2017Mubariz Gurbanli: Armenians continue to spread lies