Ambassador: MPs’ visit to Nagorno-Karabakh doesn’t reflect stance of Mexican gov’t
The visit of Mexican parliamentarians to the conflict zone does not reflect the official stance of the Mexican government on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, Mexican Ambassador to Azerbaijan Juan Rodrigo Labardini Flores told APA on Thursday.
He said that the Mexican government received the news of visit after it had taken place.
Mexico supports a peaceful settlement of the long-standing Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, the ambassador stressed.
“The position of the Mexican government is clear from this point of view,” he said urging Azerbaijan and Armenia to resolve the conflict through the mediation of the OSCE Minsk Group co-chairs.
“The Mexican government supports the resolution of this conflict within international law. We are of the opinion that the relevant UN Security Council resolutions should be fulfilled. These resolutions call for compliance with the ceasefire in the conflict zone and urges respect for Azerbaijan's territorial integrity and sovereignty,” added the ambassador.
The ambassador noted that the Mexican government will investigate the MPs’ illegal visit.
The illegal visit of Mexican MPs Blanca Margarita Cuata Domínguez, María Cristina Teresa García Bravo, and Carlos Hernández Mirón to Azerbaijani lands occupied by Armenia is under investigation, Hikmat Hajiyev, Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry spokesperson, said earlier.
The Azerbaijani Embassy in Mexico has been given relevant instructions in this regard, Hajiyev said.
The Mexican MPs, accompanied by Armenian Parliament vice-speaker Edward Sharmazanov, met with Ashot Gulyan, the “speaker” of the “parliament” of the separatist regime created in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
Related news releases
- 15.07.2018The provocation of the reconnaissance-sabotage group of Armenia was suppressed on the state border - PHOTO
- 15.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 14.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 13.07.2018Nikol Pashinyan: No talk on meeting with Azerbaijani president at the moment
- 12.07.2018Hajiyev: Azerbaijan recommends that Armenian leadership finally come to senses, comprehend realities
- 12.07.2018Moscow: Azerbaijan, Armenia fail to decide on increasing number of int’l observers in conflict zone
- 12.07.2018OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement following meeting with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 12.07.2018Mogherini called for negotiations on Nagorno Karabakh without preconditions
- 12.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: “The meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs lasted about 4 hours”
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs meet it Brussels
- 11.07.2018Elmar Mammadyarov meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 11.07.2018ICRC meets with Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018UNSC has not adopted resolutions on organization of military tribunals despite Armenia’s war crimes – Baku
- 11.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan's son’s military service in Nagorno-Karabakh has became a political show
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to take all necessary measures to release Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan says supports intensive, substantive talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey always supports Azerbaijan in Karabakh problem
- 10.07.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 10.07.2018OSCE reps meet with deputy head of Aghdam district executive authority
- 10.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times
- 09.07.2018Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement must be continued in existing format: Azerbaijani MFA
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani FM: If Armenia’s new gov’t follow Sargsyan regime’s path, they’ll meet the same fate
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on July 11 - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 07.07.2018Armenians set fire in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands again
- 07.07.2018Armenian FM: Meeting with Azerbaijan FM planned for near future
- 06.07.2018Patrushev: Russia supports phased and peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 06.07.2018Igor Popov: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting may be announced soon
- 06.07.2018Baku: Armenia’s attempts to artificially maintain status quo are fraught with serious complications
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani MFA issues statement on anniversary of tragic Alkhanli events
- 04.07.2018Russian State Duma deputy responds to accusations against him
- 04.07.2018Russian lawmaker under attack after recognizing Karabakh as Azerbaijani territory
- 04.07.2018Baku reacts to reports of Armenia deploying internal troops in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani PM calls for release of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 01.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 90 times
- 30.06.2018Azercosmos: Armenians committed arsons in 280ha area in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 30.06.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Armenia holds military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 27.10.2017Pakistan doesn’t recognize Armenia as a state, says ambassador
- 28.10.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.10.2017Azerbaijan’s Zangilan: 24 years under Armenian occupation
- 26.10.2017Top official accuses Euronews of indifference to refugee crisis in Azerbaijan
- 26.10.2017Moscow welcomes agreement reached at Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents
- 26.10.2017Mubariz Gurbanli: Armenians continue to spread lies