Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
The vice-speaker of the Armenian Parliament, Eduard Sharmazanov, is apparently trying to follow the path of Armenian Deputy Foreign Minister Shavarsh Kocharyan in making absurd statements, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, told APA.
He was commenting on the recent statements by Eduard Sharmazanov.
In his every statement Sharmazanov demonstrates his legal and political illiteracy and that he is engaged in populism aimed at only a limited domestic audience, noted Hajiyev.
He recalled that according to the Alma-Ata Declaration (21 December 1991) on the establishment of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Armenia and Azerbaijan, like the other former republics of the USRR, committed themselves to “recognize and respect the territorial integrity and inviolability of each other’s borders”.
“Armenia is now trying to deny this commitment. The Armenian propaganda machine, deliberately falsifying history again, distorts the protocol adopted at the meeting of the Caucasian Bureau of the Central Committee of Russia’s Communist Party on July 5, 1921. We would like to remind Sharmazanov and his colleagues that the protocol recognized Nagorno-Karabakh as part of the Azerbaijani SSR and granted a regional autonomy to Nagorno-Karabakh with Shusha being its administrative center,” said the Azerbaijani MFA spokesman.
Armenia’s claims against the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan lack historical, legal, political and moral basis, stressed Hajiyev.
“The separatist regime created in the Armenian-occupied territories of Azerbaijan is simply a result of occupation, aggression and bloody ethnic cleansing. Sharmazanov and others like him should finally understand that the civilized world will never consider legitimate the situation created by the use of force,” said Hajiyev, adding that Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity and sovereignty within its internationally recognized borders.
Related news releases
- 22.03.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: Armenia abuses water as means of ‘ecological terror’
- 22.03.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: Int’l community witnessed Armenia’s invasion policy once again
- 22.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 101 times
- 20.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Large part of present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017