Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
The vice-speaker of the Armenian Parliament, Eduard Sharmazanov, is apparently trying to follow the path of Armenian Deputy Foreign Minister Shavarsh Kocharyan in making absurd statements, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for Azerbaijan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, told APA.
He was commenting on the recent statements by Eduard Sharmazanov.
In his every statement Sharmazanov demonstrates his legal and political illiteracy and that he is engaged in populism aimed at only a limited domestic audience, noted Hajiyev.
He recalled that according to the Alma-Ata Declaration (21 December 1991) on the establishment of the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), Armenia and Azerbaijan, like the other former republics of the USRR, committed themselves to “recognize and respect the territorial integrity and inviolability of each other’s borders”.
“Armenia is now trying to deny this commitment. The Armenian propaganda machine, deliberately falsifying history again, distorts the protocol adopted at the meeting of the Caucasian Bureau of the Central Committee of Russia’s Communist Party on July 5, 1921. We would like to remind Sharmazanov and his colleagues that the protocol recognized Nagorno-Karabakh as part of the Azerbaijani SSR and granted a regional autonomy to Nagorno-Karabakh with Shusha being its administrative center,” said the Azerbaijani MFA spokesman.
Armenia’s claims against the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan lack historical, legal, political and moral basis, stressed Hajiyev.
“The separatist regime created in the Armenian-occupied territories of Azerbaijan is simply a result of occupation, aggression and bloody ethnic cleansing. Sharmazanov and others like him should finally understand that the civilized world will never consider legitimate the situation created by the use of force,” said Hajiyev, adding that Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity and sovereignty within its internationally recognized borders.
Related news releases
- 18.06.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Manvel Grigoryan participated in Khojaly genocide and other war crimes
- 17.06.2018News about the alleged flights of "fighter aircraft" of Armenia over Khankendi – the next information adventurism of the enemy
- 17.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 83 times
- 15.06.2018Zakharova: Creating favorable atmosphere key to resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.06.2018Kremlin: Too early to talk about further Aliyev-Pashinyan meetings
- 15.06.2018Separatist Nagorno-Karabakh regime's ex-minister of defense released
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in near future: OSCE MG co-chairs
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani official calls Armenian president’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh illegal
- 13.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The visit of the Armenian president to the Kalbajar region is a provocation"
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meet Armenian PM
- 13.06.2018Armenian president visits occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs arrive in Armenia
- 12.06.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to keep increasing its defense capability as long as Armenia continues occupation policy
- 11.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The statements of the Armenian FM confirm that Armenia is a party to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 10.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 09.06.2018MEP: I and my group will never pay illegal visit to Nagorno Karabakh
- 09.06.2018MP: Liberation of occupied lands in Nakhchivan is triumph of Azerbaijani president’s policy
- 09.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: I hope ACRE will adequately assess fact of occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Army liberated over 11 thousand hectares of land in Nakhchivan
- 08.06.2018OSCE representatives visit Tartar district executive authority
- 07.06.2018Russian FM responds to Armenian PM’s idea that Nagorno-Karabakh should join negotiations as a party
- 07.06.2018Russia says will continue to help sides find solution to Karabakh conflict
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry responds to Armenian PM’s statement
- 07.06.2018Popov: OSCE MG co-chairs’ planned visit to Armenia aims to hold talks with new gov’t
- 07.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "I hope that the new leadership of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous government"
- 06.06.2018Australian Senate expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 05.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on June 13
- 03.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 01.06.2018Russian Foreign Ministry considers Pashinyan’s statement on settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict unconstructive
- 01.06.2018Oettinger: Karabakh conflict settlement ‘impossible’ without Russia
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev and Nikol Pashinyan can meet in coming weeks – Armenian FM
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Destruction of Azerbaijan’s historical, religious monuments by Armenia is unprecedented vandalism
- 30.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be discussed at OSCE PA session
- 29.05.2018Baku: Armenian soldiers' shooting at Azerbaijani civilians shows inadmissibility of status quo
- 29.05.2018Agricultural machinery in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli hit by multiple bullets during Armenian shelling
- 28.05.2018President: Only way for Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement is restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 28.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's 50 strongest armies
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 27.05.2018French FM: France helping to find a peaceful resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 27.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017