Armenians attempt to interrupt Karabakh discussions during NATO PA seminar
Armenia’s occupation of Azerbaijani territory has been discussed during the NATO Parliamentary Assembly’s 96th Rose Roth seminar in Slovenia.
MP Malahat Ibrahimgizi, head of the Azerbaijani parliament’s delegation at the seminar, told APA that during the discussion the issues were raised of Armenia’s occupation of Azerbaijani territory, the fate of more than a million refugees and IDPs, and Armenia’s destruction of material-moral monuments.
Ibrahimgizi presented a report, noting that although the issue has been raised multiple times before the UN Security Council and other international organizations, no concrete measure has been taken against Armenia.
“We see the indifference of these organizations and we’re raising our objection. The Azerbaijani president made it clear at a session of the UN General Assembly. We’re facing double standards, while there is indifference to the Armenian occupation,” he said.
The MP also touched on the Catalonia issue, saying that Nagorno-Karabakh separatists also hold illegal elections.
“Azerbaijan has been suffering from separatism for more than 25 years, because of which our country has more than a million refugees and IDPs to care for,” she stressed.
During the Azerbaijani MP’s speech, Armenian delegation member Karhun Nahaetyan asked the seminar moderators to change the theme, in an attempt to interrupt the discussion of the Armenian occupation. But the request went in vain.
Seminar moderator Matej Tonin and responsible person for the seminar, NATO representative Stefan Zak apologized to the Azerbaijani officials and said he would rebuke Armenian MPs. He also suggested that this incident be perceived as an aggressive reaction from the Armenian delegation, rather than double standards.
The seminar will continue tomorrow.
Related news releases
- 15.07.2018The provocation of the reconnaissance-sabotage group of Armenia was suppressed on the state border - PHOTO
- 15.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 14.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 13.07.2018Nikol Pashinyan: No talk on meeting with Azerbaijani president at the moment
- 12.07.2018Hajiyev: Azerbaijan recommends that Armenian leadership finally come to senses, comprehend realities
- 12.07.2018Moscow: Azerbaijan, Armenia fail to decide on increasing number of int’l observers in conflict zone
- 12.07.2018OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement following meeting with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 12.07.2018Mogherini called for negotiations on Nagorno Karabakh without preconditions
- 12.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: “The meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs lasted about 4 hours”
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs meet it Brussels
- 11.07.2018Elmar Mammadyarov meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 11.07.2018ICRC meets with Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018UNSC has not adopted resolutions on organization of military tribunals despite Armenia’s war crimes – Baku
- 11.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan's son’s military service in Nagorno-Karabakh has became a political show
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to take all necessary measures to release Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan says supports intensive, substantive talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey always supports Azerbaijan in Karabakh problem
- 10.07.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 10.07.2018OSCE reps meet with deputy head of Aghdam district executive authority
- 10.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times
- 09.07.2018Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement must be continued in existing format: Azerbaijani MFA
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani FM: If Armenia’s new gov’t follow Sargsyan regime’s path, they’ll meet the same fate
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on July 11 - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 07.07.2018Armenians set fire in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands again
- 07.07.2018Armenian FM: Meeting with Azerbaijan FM planned for near future
- 06.07.2018Patrushev: Russia supports phased and peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 06.07.2018Igor Popov: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting may be announced soon
- 06.07.2018Baku: Armenia’s attempts to artificially maintain status quo are fraught with serious complications
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani MFA issues statement on anniversary of tragic Alkhanli events
- 04.07.2018Russian State Duma deputy responds to accusations against him
- 04.07.2018Russian lawmaker under attack after recognizing Karabakh as Azerbaijani territory
- 04.07.2018Baku reacts to reports of Armenia deploying internal troops in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani PM calls for release of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 01.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 90 times
- 30.06.2018Azercosmos: Armenians committed arsons in 280ha area in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 30.06.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Armenia holds military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 09.11.2017Contacts in various formats on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are no exception – Russian Foreign Ministry
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan expects OSCE MG to take practical steps to intensify peace negotiations over Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 10.11.2017OSCE Permanent Council holds meeting on Karabakh conflict
- 08.11.2017Moscow: OSCE MG co-chairs plan to organize meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs by year-end
- 07.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: To change status quo, occupation of Azerbaijani lands must end
- 07.11.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands