Armenians attempt to interrupt Karabakh discussions during NATO PA seminar
Armenia’s occupation of Azerbaijani territory has been discussed during the NATO Parliamentary Assembly’s 96th Rose Roth seminar in Slovenia.
MP Malahat Ibrahimgizi, head of the Azerbaijani parliament’s delegation at the seminar, told APA that during the discussion the issues were raised of Armenia’s occupation of Azerbaijani territory, the fate of more than a million refugees and IDPs, and Armenia’s destruction of material-moral monuments.
Ibrahimgizi presented a report, noting that although the issue has been raised multiple times before the UN Security Council and other international organizations, no concrete measure has been taken against Armenia.
“We see the indifference of these organizations and we’re raising our objection. The Azerbaijani president made it clear at a session of the UN General Assembly. We’re facing double standards, while there is indifference to the Armenian occupation,” he said.
The MP also touched on the Catalonia issue, saying that Nagorno-Karabakh separatists also hold illegal elections.
“Azerbaijan has been suffering from separatism for more than 25 years, because of which our country has more than a million refugees and IDPs to care for,” she stressed.
During the Azerbaijani MP’s speech, Armenian delegation member Karhun Nahaetyan asked the seminar moderators to change the theme, in an attempt to interrupt the discussion of the Armenian occupation. But the request went in vain.
Seminar moderator Matej Tonin and responsible person for the seminar, NATO representative Stefan Zak apologized to the Azerbaijani officials and said he would rebuke Armenian MPs. He also suggested that this incident be perceived as an aggressive reaction from the Armenian delegation, rather than double standards.
The seminar will continue tomorrow.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow
- 15.01.2018MFA: Azerbaijan welcomes the statement of Sergey Lavrov on step by step resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 15.01.2018Moscow says step by step approach needed for Karabakh settlement
- 15.01.2018Russian FM: Karabakh conflict can be resolved only by Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 14.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 13.01.2018EU hails Italy’s commitment to continue strengthening OSCE work to address Karabakh conflict through existing format
- 13.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk reappointed as OSCE Chairman-in-Office Personal Representative
- 12.01.2018U.S. says hopeful signs from Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents should be taken into account
- 11.01.2018FM: Italy to support OSCE MG efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 11.01.2018Department of State urges Americans to avoid traveling to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: World community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as integral part of Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018ICRC visits Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 29.12.2017Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017
- 28.12.2017Baku: Issue of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia discussed with Russia, OSCE and ICRC
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 25.12.2017Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance
- 23.12.2017High time to resolve Karabakh conflict – Turkish envoy
- 22.12.2017World’s superpowers not interested in resolving Karabakh problem – ISESCO
- 21.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity is as valuable as that of all other countries
- 21.12.2017Idea of creating a second Armenian state is a ‘dangerous and sick logic’ – Azerbaijani president
- 20.12.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey supports Azerbaijan’s formula of Karabakh conflict settlement
- 20.12.2017Next meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to be held in a European country
- 19.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.12.2017NATO hopes for positive change in Karabakh peace process, Gottemoeller says
- 17.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 16.12.2017Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 14.12.2017Turkey: Armenia must be held accountable for crimes in Azerbaijan’s Khojaly
- 09.11.2017Contacts in various formats on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict are no exception – Russian Foreign Ministry
- 10.11.2017Azerbaijan expects OSCE MG to take practical steps to intensify peace negotiations over Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 10.11.2017OSCE Permanent Council holds meeting on Karabakh conflict
- 08.11.2017Moscow: OSCE MG co-chairs plan to organize meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs by year-end
- 07.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: To change status quo, occupation of Azerbaijani lands must end
- 07.11.2017Armenia launches military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands