Azerbaijan hands note to Mexico over MPs’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh
At a meeting with Azerbaijan’s Charge d'Affaires in Mexico Mammad Talibov on Tuesday, President of the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico Jorge Carlos Ramírez Marín has commented on the illegal visit of a group of Mexican MPs to Azerbaijan’s territories occupied by Armenia.
Jorge Carlos Ramírez Marín said he is extremely regretful of the fact that three MPs representing MORENA and PRD political parties illegally visited the occupied Azerbaijani territories. He emphasized that in no way their act reflects the positions of the Mexican Chamber of Deputies or the groups of their parties in Congress.
He asked the chairman of the Congressional Commission on Foreign Relations, who took part in the meeting, to investigate the issue and to take appropriate measures for preventing such cases in future.
Marín noted that Mexico's position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged, adding that the Chamber of Deputies supports UN Security Council’s four resolutions which reaffirm the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
In turn, Ambassador Talibov gave detailed information about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Armenia's aggression against Azerbaijan. He stressed that the illegal visit of some Mexican MPs’ to the occupied Azerbaijani territories is another provocation of Yerevan and once again exposed the non-constructive nature of the actions of Armenian authorities.
Talibov noted that after the investigation of the matter on instructions from the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, the embassy immediately handed a note of protest to the Foreign Ministry of Mexico over the Mexican parliamentarians’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh.
He added that a letter of protest was also sent to the President of the Chamber of Deputies and the Mexican Co-Chair of the Azerbaijan-Mexico Friendship Group.
The letter considers such visits provocative and inadmissible, and calls for an investigation into the matter.
The resolution adopted by the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico on September 6, 2011 urges Armenia to fulfill four resolutions of the UN Security Council on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 09.02.2018Mogherini: EU supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 09.02.2018Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
- 09.02.2018Azerbaijani FM says there is ‘intensity, concrete and logical flow’ in Karabakh talks
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ withdrawal from Azerbaijani territories key to political settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 08.02.2018Armenia becomes a political, economic, energy and transportation dead-end – Azerbaijani president
- 08.02.2018Ilham Aliyev: Armenia to remain isolated until occupied Azerbaijani lands get liberated
- 08.02.2018Armenian scientist banned from participating in Italy int’l conference for conducting research in Karabakh
- 08.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.02.2018Intensive talks to continue after presidential elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia – MFA
- 07.02.2018U.S. says will continue efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev receives OSCE MG co-chairs
- 06.02.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk visits Tartar District Executive Authority
- 04.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 130 times
- 03.02.2018Anti-Azerbaijan provocation prevented during scientific seminar in Moscow
- 02.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Nagorno-Karabakh
- 02.02.2018Foreign Ministry makes statement on scheduled visit of OSCE MG co-chairs to Azerbaijan
- 02.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on Feb. 7
- 01.02.2018Azerbaijan specifies conditions for increasing number of OSCE observers on contact line of troops
- 01.02.2018Russian FM talks about increasing number of OSCE observers in Karabakh conflict zone
- 01.02.2018Italian FM comments on expansion of OSCE observation mission in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 01.02.2018OSCE chairman hails Russia’s crucial role in resolving regional conflicts
- 01.02.2018Russia’s Lavrov: OSCE to continue joint work to contribute to Karabakh conflict settlement
- 31.10.2017Bosnia and Herzegovina MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform – a step forward
- 31.10.2017Armenian activist: Azerbaijanis, Armenians can coexist peacefully
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijan sends letter to UN Secretary General on Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017Conference on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict underway in Tbilisi
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform asks Pope Francis for support for Karabakh settlement
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform appeals to OSCE MG co-chairs