Azerbaijan hands note to Mexico over MPs’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh
At a meeting with Azerbaijan’s Charge d'Affaires in Mexico Mammad Talibov on Tuesday, President of the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico Jorge Carlos Ramírez Marín has commented on the illegal visit of a group of Mexican MPs to Azerbaijan’s territories occupied by Armenia.
Jorge Carlos Ramírez Marín said he is extremely regretful of the fact that three MPs representing MORENA and PRD political parties illegally visited the occupied Azerbaijani territories. He emphasized that in no way their act reflects the positions of the Mexican Chamber of Deputies or the groups of their parties in Congress.
He asked the chairman of the Congressional Commission on Foreign Relations, who took part in the meeting, to investigate the issue and to take appropriate measures for preventing such cases in future.
Marín noted that Mexico's position on the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains unchanged, adding that the Chamber of Deputies supports UN Security Council’s four resolutions which reaffirm the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan.
In turn, Ambassador Talibov gave detailed information about the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict and Armenia's aggression against Azerbaijan. He stressed that the illegal visit of some Mexican MPs’ to the occupied Azerbaijani territories is another provocation of Yerevan and once again exposed the non-constructive nature of the actions of Armenian authorities.
Talibov noted that after the investigation of the matter on instructions from the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, the embassy immediately handed a note of protest to the Foreign Ministry of Mexico over the Mexican parliamentarians’ illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh.
He added that a letter of protest was also sent to the President of the Chamber of Deputies and the Mexican Co-Chair of the Azerbaijan-Mexico Friendship Group.
The letter considers such visits provocative and inadmissible, and calls for an investigation into the matter.
The resolution adopted by the Chamber of Deputies of Mexico on September 6, 2011 urges Armenia to fulfill four resolutions of the UN Security Council on the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict.
- 11.12.2017Lukashevich: 2017 best remembered for resumption of Karabakh peace talks
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats hail work done in Azerbaijan to improve IDPs’ living conditions – Hikmat Hajiyev
- 11.12.2017American researcher: Territorial integrity, sovereignty of states must be respected
- 11.12.2017France will continue to work towards Karabakh conflict settlement – envoy
- 11.12.2017Foreign diplomats in Azerbaijan, journalists, heads of int’l organizations visit Tartar district
- 10.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 115 times
- 09.12.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.12.2017Armenian army opens fire at village in Azerbaijan’s Aghdam
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: Work underway to increase number of OSCE observers for Karabakh conflict
- 08.12.2017Direct dialogue over Karabakh settlement doesn’t produce any visible progress, says Russian FM
- 08.12.2017Lavrov: December 7 statement affirms principles for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 07.12.2017Elmar Mammadyarov: “Certain forces in the region are not interested in changing status-quo”
- 07.12.2017Co-chair countries issue joint statement on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict - UPDATED
- 07.12.2017Baku supports dialogue between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 07.12.2017Ukrainian FM calls for increased efforts to settle conflicts on territories of Azerbaijan, Georgia and Moldova
- 07.12.2017U.S. supports Minsk Group efforts to find solution to Karabakh conflict – Tillerson
- 07.12.2017OSCE PA President: Increasingly intense hostilities in Nagorno-Karabakh cause deep concern
- 07.12.2017Foreign Ministry: Next meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian Foreign Ministers in January
- 06.12.2017Azerbaijani FM meets OSCE MG Co-Chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017Armenian FM meets OSCE MG co-chairs in Vienna
- 06.12.2017European Court of Human Rights to deliver new judgment in case of Chiragov and others v. Armenia
- 06.12.2017Armenia conducts military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 04.12.2017Azerbaijani parl’t deputy speaker highlights illicit drug trafficking in Nagorno-Karabakh at int’l conference in Moscow
- 03.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 01.12.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,700 times in November
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed
- 30.11.2017ANAMA carries out cleaning in area selected for new irrigation canal in Jabrayil district
- 30.11.2017Historian Kuznetsov: Threat of ‘Armenian terrorism’ on the rise in Russia
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey continues efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Ankara
- 29.11.2017FM: Costa Rica supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 29.11.2017Armenia again launches military exercises in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands
- 28.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: EaP summit declaration reaffirms support for territorial integrity of member countries
- 28.11.2017Armenian historian: Karabakh – integral, unique part of Azerbaijan
- 28.11.2017Armenia hands over body of Azerbaijani soldier
- 28.11.2017Artur Agajanov: People-to-people diplomacy plays leading role in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 28.11.2017State Commission: Efforts to release Azerbaijani hostages failed due to Armenia’s inhumane position
- 28.11.2017Azerbaijan: Arsen Bagdasaryan is ‘not a prisoner of war’, work underway with int’l organizations for Karapetyan
- 28.11.2017US political analyst: Armenia is ‘a threat to Europe and whole world’
- 27.11.2017Afghan ambassador expresses solidarity with Azerbaijan in respect of Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017Bosnia and Herzegovina MP: Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform – a step forward
- 31.10.2017Armenian activist: Azerbaijanis, Armenians can coexist peacefully
- 01.11.2017Azerbaijan sends letter to UN Secretary General on Karabakh conflict
- 31.10.2017Conference on Nagorno-Karabakh conflict underway in Tbilisi
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform asks Pope Francis for support for Karabakh settlement
- 31.10.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform appeals to OSCE MG co-chairs