Azerbaijani FM: Responsibility for escalation of situation in front entirely falls on Armenia
He told APA that in the eve of OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs visit to Azerbaijan the armed forces of Armenia, as reported by the MOD Azerbaijan, resorted to intensive violation of cease fire by using heavy weapons and perpetuation of provocations: “The armed forces of Azerbaijan sustained causality in thwarting the provocations of Armenia”.
According to him, the chronicle of events since June 15 evidently has demonstrated that the instigator of ceasefire violations and perpetration of provocations is Armenia: “Thereby, consistent mythic propaganda of Armenia on alleged violation of ceasefire by other party completely shatters”.
“The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs must take note that the escalation of the situation by Armenia followed their visit to the region, including the occupied territories of Azerbaijan.
Armenia, by escalating the situation in the front in a deliberate manner, pursues the goal of undermining the resolution of conflict via substantive negotiations and maintaining the status quo of occupation.
The main reason of violation of ceasefire is the presence of armed forces of Armenia in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan. The norms and principles of international law, the relevant resolutions of the UN SC, the statements of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs and the current proposals on the negotiation table demand withdrawal of Armenia’s troops from the occupied lands of Azerbaijan.
The Armed Forces of Azerbaijan operating in the sovereign territories of Azerbaijan in the face of aggression of Armenia provide defence of Azerbaijan’s territories and security of civilians especially those living along the line of contact.
The responsibility for escalation of the situation entirely falls on Armenia”, he said.
Related news releases
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijani MP: Application of law on humanization of punishments can be assessed as an amnesty
- 23.02.2018Azerbaijan removes Russian citizen from ‘blacklist’
- 23.02.2018U.S. has always been committed to Karabakh conflict settlement process – envoy
- 23.02.2018Khojaly – one of most terrible events of 20th century, says U.S. envoy
- 23.02.2018European Parliament preparing statement on Khojaly genocide
- 23.02.2018US congressman makes a statement in connection with the anniversary of the 20 January and Khojaly tragedy
- 22.02.2018Vigenin proposes abolishing position of OSCE PA special rep. on South Caucasus
- 22.02.2018Armenian soldier killed in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Vigenin: Int’l community has switched its ambition on Nagorno-Karabakh to simply avoiding war, which must be reversed
- 22.02.2018OSCE PA special representative criticizes Minsk Group co-chairs
- 22.02.2018Baku reacts to Armenian foreign minister’s statement
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says int’l tribunal needed to prosecute perpetrators of crimes in Khojaly and Karabakh
- 22.02.2018Azerbaijan says Sumgayit events were ‘deliberate provocation’
- 21.02.2018U.S. continuing its role as OSCE MG co-chair shows its commitment to resolving Karabakh conflict, envoy says
- 21.02.2018OSCE can increase frequency of monitoring exercises in front line areas
- 21.02.2018Azerbaijan puts EAFJD head on Interpol wanted list for illegally visiting its occupied lands
- 21.02.2018U.S. doing its utmost to help settle Karabakh conflict – envoy
- 20.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Dialogue must be established between Armenian and Azerbaijani communities of Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Azerbaijani MFA comments on Armenian president’s congratulatory message to illegal regime in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 20.02.2018Erdogan: One of greatest atrocities in human history happened in Khojaly
- 19.02.2018Azerbaijani defense minister: War may break out at any time
- 19.02.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 17.02.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.02.2018Azerbaijan commemorates 26th anniversary of Garadaghli massacre
- 15.02.2018Moscow says hopes for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.02.2018Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan can be exchanged for Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev – State Commission
- 14.02.2018MFA: Armenia must finally understand that occupation of Azerbaijani lands will never produce desired political outcome
- 14.02.2018Russian musician off Azerbaijan’s ‘black list’
- 14.02.2018US Intelligence: Tension over Karabakh could develop into large-scale conflict between Armenia and Azerbaijan
- 12.02.2018ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 12.02.2018Bulgaria president: Karabakh conflict can be settled only through peaceful means
- 12.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Attempts to change Nagorno-Karabakh’s demographics ‘gross violation’ of int’l humanitarian law
- 11.02.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 131 times
- 11.02.201826 years pass since occupation of Malibeyli, Gushchular villages of Azerbaijan’s Shusha
- 09.02.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meets Armenian president
- 09.02.2018FM Mammadyarov: Armenian troops’ presence in Azerbaijani territories remains major cause of non-settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.02.2018EU: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict a ‘very big challenge’
- 09.02.2018Mogherini: EU supports Azerbaijan’s sovereignty and territorial integrity
- 09.02.2018Baku: Nalbandian’s offensive attitude towards UNSC resolutions shows Armenia’s disrespect for UN Charter
- 18.06.2017Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan using mortars
- 19.06.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to start visit to Azerbaijan today
- 19.06.2017Azerbaijani defense minister meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 17.06.2017Another Armenian soldier killed on frontline
- 17.06.2017Two Armenian soldiers wounded in Nagorno Karabakh
- 16.06.2017Three Armenian soldiers violating ceasefire killed