Azerbaijani Ombudsperson calls on int’l organizations over latest Armenian provocation
Azerbaijan's Human Rights Commissioner (Ombudsperson) Elmira Suleymanova has called on international organizations over the Armenian army’s targeting of civilians, especially children.
The Office of the Ombudsperson told APA that Azerbaijan's Human Rights Commissioner Elmira Suleymanova has said in her letter that 13-year-old Ramin Yusifov (Garalar village resident) was admitted to hospital in critical condition after receiving shrapnel wounds when Armenian forces controlling the occupied territories of Azerbaijan began shelling the Garalar village (Tovuz district), which borders Armenia, using large-caliber weapons.
“Armenia is not willing to put an end to its aggressive actions and continues to flagrantly violate the requirements of international humanitarian law by deliberately shelling the frontal positions of our army and residential areas. The complacency resulting from being left unpunished has reached such a level that despite the international condemnation of the repeated brutalities, especially towards underage children and women, Armenia went on to carry out commit another crime which left 13-year-old Ramin Yusifov injured on August 7,” the statement said.
The appeal addresses the UN Secretary-General, the UN Security Council, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, UNICEF, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation, the European Commission, the Council of Europe, the OSCE and ombudsmen of various countries.
Related news releases
- 24.01.2018Emanuel Macron: "Karabakh conflict settlement is of high importance"
- 23.01.2018Azerbaijan assesses Germany’s refusal to grant visas to Armenian separatists as support for its territorial integrity
- 21.01.2018Defense Ministry: News report spread by Armenian media has no basis
- 21.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 120 times
- 18.01.2018The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs issue joint statement on the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 18.01.2018The OSCE MG Co-Chairs will visit the region in early February
- 18.01.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "The co-chairs proposed a number of creative ideas about the resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 18.01.2018Krakow meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs ends - UPDATED
- 18.01.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani FM, OSCE MG co-chairs kicks off in Krakow
- 18.01.2018Armenia soldier receives gunshot wound
- 18.01.2018Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Poland
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow today
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan welcomes UN chief’s call for revitalizing mediation initiatives for Karabakh conflict
- 17.01.2018ICG reveals some issues to be discussed at upcoming meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani FM: France should prevent entry of Karabakh separatists into its territory
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow
- 15.01.2018MFA: Azerbaijan welcomes the statement of Sergey Lavrov on step by step resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 15.01.2018Moscow says step by step approach needed for Karabakh settlement
- 15.01.2018Russian FM: Karabakh conflict can be resolved only by Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 14.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 13.01.2018EU hails Italy’s commitment to continue strengthening OSCE work to address Karabakh conflict through existing format
- 13.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk reappointed as OSCE Chairman-in-Office Personal Representative
- 12.01.2018U.S. says hopeful signs from Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents should be taken into account
- 11.01.2018FM: Italy to support OSCE MG efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 11.01.2018Department of State urges Americans to avoid traveling to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: World community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as integral part of Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018ICRC visits Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 29.12.2017Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017
- 28.12.2017Baku: Issue of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia discussed with Russia, OSCE and ICRC
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 12.12.2016FM: Azerbaijan to continue efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict
- 12.12.2016France to continue efforts for fair settlement of Karabakh conflict: MG co-chair
- 13.12.2016OSCE MG co-chairs can meet Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs soon
- 11.12.2016ICRC comments on Ombudsperson’s statement on Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia
- 11.12.2016Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 33 times
- 10.12.2016Hikmat Hajiyev: "Armenian Foreign Minister distorts the essence of the Minsk Group statement"