Baku says Armenian FM has special phobia against substantive negotiations
Armenia’s foreign minister has a special phobia against substantive negotiations, Hikmat Hajiyev, spokesman for the Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry, told APA.
He was commenting on the remarks Armenian Foreign Minister Edward Nalbandian made at a joint press conference with his Luxembourgian counterpart in Yerevan on March 27.
“The Armenian foreign minister seems to be seriously concerned by the fact that the negotiations on the settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict have been continuing on a concrete basis since the fall of 2017,” Hajiyev noted.
The spokesman stressed that Armenia is trying every possible way to negotiate for the sake of negotiating and to simply imitate the negotiations.
“By this means, Armenia is seeking to prolong the negotiation process and continue the occupation of Azerbaijani territories,” he said. “Instead of putting an end to the occupation fact—which is the chief reason behind the conflict—and withdrawing its troops from Azerbaijan’s occupied territories, Armenia’s political-military leadership is deliberately attempting to divert the attention to technical and auxiliary issues.”
It is a historical fact that the state of Armenia was established on ancient Azerbaijani lands, Hajiyev emphasized.
“We recommend the political and military leadership of Armenia to take a look at the statistics of the census, held only in the city of Irevan by the Tsarist Russia in the early 19th century,” he added.
The spokesman noted that the Armenian government, which still lives with the myth of “great Armenia”, deceives its own people through various legends, makes territorial claims against neighboring nations and pursues an aggression policy.
To ensure lasting peace and security in the region, the Armenian government must admit responsibility for the actions committed against the Azerbaijani state and people, fulfill its obligations under the UN Charter, comply with the norms and principles of international law, and must immediately, unconditionally and completely withdraw its troops from Azerbaijan’s occupied territories, as reflected in the relevant resolutions of the UN Security Council, concluded Hajiyev.
Related news releases
- 22.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 20.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 20.04.2018Karabakh conflict should be resolved through negotiations, compromises
- 19.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Jojug Marjanli has become symbol of our revival
- 18.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Let world know that not only Karabakh but also present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 17.04.2018Prosecutor General Zakir Garalov appeals to Russian counterpart over anti-Azerbaijani provocation in Izvestia newspaper
- 16.04.2018Russian newspaper Izvestiya commits provocation against Azerbaijan
- 13.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.04.2018Yemeni blogger apologizes for illegal trip to Karabakh, escapes Azerbaijan's "black list"
- 09.04.2018Ilham Aliyev: Legal framework created for settlement of Karabakh conflict
- 09.04.2018Ariel Cohen: Sides will eventually understand importance of settling Karabakh conflict on basis of UNSC decisions
- 08.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 06.04.2018Italy’s OSCE Chairmanship says not keen on creating new formats for Karabakh talks
- 06.04.2018OSCE hopes meeting between Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents could soon take place
- 06.04.2018Syria’s UN envoy comments on reports on deployment of terrorists from Syria in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 06.04.2018Another ceasefire violation from Armenia
- 05.04.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "The main reason for the unsettledness of the Karabakh problem is that Armenia does not want to change the status quo"
- 05.04.2018Nothing being done to implement decisions on Karabakh problem – Turkish FM
- 05.04.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict will never be accepted – FM Mammadyarov
- 05.04.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 04.04.2018Minsk Group format shows co-op possible for sake of European security: OSCE Sec-Gen
- 04.04.2018Azerbaijan to present note of protest to France
- 04.04.2018Former Nagorno-Karabakh commandant: ‘All illegal armed groups were disarmed during my time’
- 04.04.2018Washington Times publishes article by Azerbaijani ambassador on 25th anniversary of occupation of Kalbajar
- 04.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 03.04.2018Russia to grant Armenia interest-free loan for purchase of Iskander missile systems – report
- 03.04.2018Armenia again violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 02.04.2018Indian gov’t has nothing to do with exhibition organized in Khankendi – embassy
- 02.04.2018Azerbaijani MFA spokesman issues statement on occupation of Kalbajar region and April escalation of 2016
- 02.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,100 times in March
- 02.04.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 01.04.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 105 times
- 30.03.2018Ogtay Asadov: Illusion of “greater Armenia” has always brought disasters on South Caucasus
- 29.03.2018Russian FM and OSCE Secretary General to discuss Karabakh conflict
- 22.03.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: Armenia abuses water as means of ‘ecological terror’
- 22.03.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: Int’l community witnessed Armenia’s invasion policy once again
- 22.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 101 times
- 28.03.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.03.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.03.20183 HALO Trust employees killed, 2 injured in landmine explosion in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 27.03.2018Baku: Armenia responsible for vandalism against Azerbaijan’s cultural heritage
- 26.03.2018Minister: Armenia prevents visit of fact-finding missions to region
- 25.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 109 times