Historian Kuznetsov: Threat of ‘Armenian terrorism’ on the rise in Russia
The Institute of Law and Human Rights of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS) hosted on Thursday a presentation ceremony for the book titled “The History of Transnational Armenian Terror in the 20th Century” by Russian historian, political analyst, Caucasian scientist Oleg Kuznetsov.
During the ceremony, the title of “Honorary Professor” of the Institute of Law and Human Rights was conferred on Kuznetsov for his extensive work in the fight against international terrorism, including Armenian terrorism, and exposing criminals in light of international law and national legislation, APA reported.
Ayten Mustafayeva, Director of the ANAS Institute of Law and Human Rights, spoke about the consequences of Armenian terrorism, deportation of the civilian population from western Azerbaijan, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, occupation of Azerbaijani lands, Armenian terrorists' brutality against civilians and Kuznetsov's work against Armenian terrorism.
Speaking about the book titled "History of Transnational Armenian Terrorism in the 20th Century," Kuznetsov said that the publication of this book in Russia in 2015 was disallowed.
“Faced with persecution, I had to live in Azerbaijan for 4 months and finally had the book published in Moscow in 2016,” he said.
The historian noted that representatives of the Armenian diaspora had appealed to Russia’s law enforcement agencies for his prosecution.
Stressing that the book does not contain calls for terrorism, but rather condemns terrorism, the historian said that the organized Armenian Diaspora is a threat to every country.
Kuznetsov also emphasized that the threat of Armenian terrorism is on the rise in Russia.
He noted that the flare up in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict meets the interests of Armenia. “Because, they believe, in this case, Russia will be dragged into the war on the Armenian side while Turkey will join on the Azerbaijani side. Fortunately, Russia understands this intention of the Armenians and prevents the escalation of tension in the South Caucasus,” added the historian.
Kuznetsov emphasized that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s calling Armenia a fascist state reflects the reality.
- 19.07.2018Björn Rahm: ICRC regularly visits persons detained in relation to conflict
- 19.07.2018Prince of Jordan visits Jojug Marjanli
- 18.07.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets with personal representative of OSCE Chairperson-in-Office
- 18.07.2018Sergio Mattarella: Italy will support Karabakh conflict settlement during its OSCE chairmanship
- 18.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan confident Italy will play active role in resolution of Karabakh conflict
- 16.07.2018U.S. State Department in talks with Turkey to sell Patriot system
- 15.07.2018The provocation of the reconnaissance-sabotage group of Armenia was suppressed on the state border - PHOTO
- 15.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 14.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 13.07.2018Nikol Pashinyan: No talk on meeting with Azerbaijani president at the moment
- 12.07.2018Hajiyev: Azerbaijan recommends that Armenian leadership finally come to senses, comprehend realities
- 12.07.2018Moscow: Azerbaijan, Armenia fail to decide on increasing number of int’l observers in conflict zone
- 12.07.2018OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement following meeting with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 12.07.2018Mogherini called for negotiations on Nagorno Karabakh without preconditions
- 12.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: “The meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs lasted about 4 hours”
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs meet it Brussels
- 11.07.2018Elmar Mammadyarov meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 11.07.2018ICRC meets with Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018UNSC has not adopted resolutions on organization of military tribunals despite Armenia’s war crimes – Baku
- 11.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan's son’s military service in Nagorno-Karabakh has became a political show
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to take all necessary measures to release Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan says supports intensive, substantive talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey always supports Azerbaijan in Karabakh problem
- 10.07.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 10.07.2018OSCE reps meet with deputy head of Aghdam district executive authority
- 10.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times
- 09.07.2018Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement must be continued in existing format: Azerbaijani MFA
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani FM: If Armenia’s new gov’t follow Sargsyan regime’s path, they’ll meet the same fate
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on July 11 - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 07.07.2018Armenians set fire in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands again
- 07.07.2018Armenian FM: Meeting with Azerbaijan FM planned for near future
- 06.07.2018Patrushev: Russia supports phased and peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 06.07.2018Igor Popov: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting may be announced soon
- 06.07.2018Baku: Armenia’s attempts to artificially maintain status quo are fraught with serious complications
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani MFA issues statement on anniversary of tragic Alkhanli events
- 04.07.2018Russian State Duma deputy responds to accusations against him
- 04.07.2018Russian lawmaker under attack after recognizing Karabakh as Azerbaijani territory
- 30.11.2017ANAMA carries out cleaning in area selected for new irrigation canal in Jabrayil district
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed
- 01.12.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,700 times in November
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey continues efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Ankara
- 29.11.2017FM: Costa Rica supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict