Historian Kuznetsov: Threat of ‘Armenian terrorism’ on the rise in Russia
The Institute of Law and Human Rights of the Azerbaijan National Academy of Sciences (ANAS) hosted on Thursday a presentation ceremony for the book titled “The History of Transnational Armenian Terror in the 20th Century” by Russian historian, political analyst, Caucasian scientist Oleg Kuznetsov.
During the ceremony, the title of “Honorary Professor” of the Institute of Law and Human Rights was conferred on Kuznetsov for his extensive work in the fight against international terrorism, including Armenian terrorism, and exposing criminals in light of international law and national legislation, APA reported.
Ayten Mustafayeva, Director of the ANAS Institute of Law and Human Rights, spoke about the consequences of Armenian terrorism, deportation of the civilian population from western Azerbaijan, Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, occupation of Azerbaijani lands, Armenian terrorists' brutality against civilians and Kuznetsov's work against Armenian terrorism.
Speaking about the book titled "History of Transnational Armenian Terrorism in the 20th Century," Kuznetsov said that the publication of this book in Russia in 2015 was disallowed.
“Faced with persecution, I had to live in Azerbaijan for 4 months and finally had the book published in Moscow in 2016,” he said.
The historian noted that representatives of the Armenian diaspora had appealed to Russia’s law enforcement agencies for his prosecution.
Stressing that the book does not contain calls for terrorism, but rather condemns terrorism, the historian said that the organized Armenian Diaspora is a threat to every country.
Kuznetsov also emphasized that the threat of Armenian terrorism is on the rise in Russia.
He noted that the flare up in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict meets the interests of Armenia. “Because, they believe, in this case, Russia will be dragged into the war on the Armenian side while Turkey will join on the Azerbaijani side. Fortunately, Russia understands this intention of the Armenians and prevents the escalation of tension in the South Caucasus,” added the historian.
Kuznetsov emphasized that Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev’s calling Armenia a fascist state reflects the reality.
- 18.01.2018The OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs issue joint statement on the meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs
- 18.01.2018The OSCE MG Co-Chairs will visit the region in early February
- 18.01.2018Elmar Mammadyarov: "The co-chairs proposed a number of creative ideas about the resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 18.01.2018Krakow meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs ends - UPDATED
- 18.01.2018Meeting between Azerbaijani FM, OSCE MG co-chairs kicks off in Krakow
- 18.01.2018Armenia soldier receives gunshot wound
- 18.01.2018Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Poland
- 18.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow today
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijan welcomes UN chief’s call for revitalizing mediation initiatives for Karabakh conflict
- 17.01.2018ICG reveals some issues to be discussed at upcoming meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 17.01.2018Azerbaijani FM: France should prevent entry of Karabakh separatists into its territory
- 16.01.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in Krakow
- 15.01.2018MFA: Azerbaijan welcomes the statement of Sergey Lavrov on step by step resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 15.01.2018Moscow says step by step approach needed for Karabakh settlement
- 15.01.2018Russian FM: Karabakh conflict can be resolved only by Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 14.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 126 times
- 13.01.2018EU hails Italy’s commitment to continue strengthening OSCE work to address Karabakh conflict through existing format
- 13.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 12.01.2018Andrzej Kasprzyk reappointed as OSCE Chairman-in-Office Personal Representative
- 12.01.2018U.S. says hopeful signs from Geneva meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents should be taken into account
- 11.01.2018FM: Italy to support OSCE MG efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 11.01.2018Department of State urges Americans to avoid traveling to Nagorno-Karabakh
- 10.01.2018Ilham Aliyev: World community recognizes Nagorno-Karabakh as integral part of Azerbaijan
- 09.01.2018ICRC visits Armenian saboteurs detained in Azerbaijan
- 08.01.2018Armenian soldier killed in retaliation by Azerbaijani army
- 07.01.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 119 times
- 02.01.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 31.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 140 times
- 29.12.2017Armenian parliament vice-speaker shows political illiteracy in every statement – Azerbaijani MFA
- 29.12.2017Date set for next meeting of Sub-Committee on Conflicts between Council of Europe member states
- 28.12.2017Baku: Expansion of Kasprzyk’s office should be conducted in parallel with substantive Karabakh talks
- 28.12.2017Baku says there was revival in Karabakh talks in second half of 2017
- 28.12.2017Baku: Issue of Azerbaijanis held hostage by Armenia discussed with Russia, OSCE and ICRC
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 25.12.2017Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance
- 30.11.2017ANAMA carries out cleaning in area selected for new irrigation canal in Jabrayil district
- 01.12.2017Ilham Aliyev: Status quo in Karabakh conflict must be changed
- 01.12.2017Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,700 times in November
- 30.11.2017Cavusoglu: Turkey continues efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement
- 29.11.2017Turkish FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Ankara
- 29.11.2017FM: Costa Rica supports peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict