Ilham Aliyev: Armenia’s destruction of mosques in occupied Azerbaijani lands is a crime against Muslim world
The destruction by Armenians of mosques in the occupied Azerbaijani territories is a crime against the whole Muslim world, Azerbaijan’ President Ilham Aliyev said on Tuesday.
The president made the remarks during his meeting with ambassadors and heads of diplomatic missions of Muslim countries in Azerbaijan, which was held on the occasion of the holy month of Ramadan.
He noted that Armenia still continues the occupation of part of the Azerbaijani territories by grossly violating the norms of international law and ignoring the four resolutions of the UN Security Council.
President Aliyev also pointed to the destruction by Armenians of historical and religious monuments in the occupied Azerbaijani territories.
“Armenians destroyed our historical and religious monuments in the occupied territories, and this fact is confirmed by numerous documents and video materials,” he said.
The head of state stressed that the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict must be resolved within the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and in accordance with the norms and principles of international law.
"We get the realities about the conflict across at all international organizations. Of course, we convey these realities to Muslim countries as well so that our brothers living in these countries could know the atrocities committed by Armenians in our occupied territories. This brutality was committed against not only Azerbaijan, but the whole Muslim world,” he added.
President Aliyev noted that the mosque recently erected in the liberated village of Jojug Marjanli is comparable to the Shusha Mosque in terms of architectural design.
“Mosques in Shusha, Agdam and other occupied cities have been destroyed by Armenians. This crime is against the entire Muslim world. We want all Muslims in the world to know it,” he said.
Related news releases
- 20.09.2017President Ilham Aliyev calls Armenia ‘occupier’ at UN
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says US congressmen’s illegal visit to Nagorno-Karabakh is being investigated
- 20.09.2017EU says it’s closely following Karabakh settlement process
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan says Armenia tries to associate other countries with illegal occupation
- 20.09.2017Azerbaijan urges OIC countries to limit all forms of co-op with Armenia
- 20.09.2017OIC Contact Group mulls Armenia’s aggression against Azerbaijan at UN
- 20.09.2017Turkish president: “We need to work harder for the resolution of Nagorno Garabakh” - VIDEO
- 19.09.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs expected to meet on Sept. 23 - UPDATED
- 19.09.2017US co-chair says he hopes meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs will create a basis for presidents’ meeting
- 18.09.2017ICRC: Issue of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev in spotlight
- 18.09.2017Azerbaijan says it will never allow another Armenian state to be created in its sovereign territory
- 17.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 16.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 148 times
- 15.09.2017Azerbaijan’s painful Karabakh problem is also Turkey’s problem – envoy
- 15.09.2017"France always sensitive about Karabakh conflict settlement process"
- 14.09.2017MP: Important to establish dialogue between Azerbaijani, Armenian youth within CIS
- 14.09.2017Farhad Badalbayli: Creation of OSCE Minsk Group was ‘biggest mistake’
- 14.09.2017Russian expert believes Karabakh conflict hinders strengthening of Moscow-Baku co-op
- 13.09.2017Turkish envoy: April battles showed what Azerbaijan is capable of doing
- 10.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 96 times
- 09.09.2017Allahshukur Pashazade: “We offered to hold meeting of religious leaders on the Azerbaijan-Armenia border” - INTERVIEW
- 08.09.2017Azerbaijani FM: Karabakh conflict ‘a major threat’ to regional peace, security
- 08.09.2017Patriarch Kirill: Current situation on Karabakh conflict cannot be considered acceptable
- 08.09.2017Armenians again set fire to occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 08.09.2017US to allocate $1.5 mln for demining operations in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 06.09.2017Armenians resort to provocation against Azerbaijan at int’l book fair in Moscow
- 06.09.2017Armenia-Azerbaijan Peace Platform represented in economic forum in Poland
- 06.09.2017Azerbaijani, Turkish, Georgian FMs adopts Baku statement
- 03.09.2017Armenia violates ceasefire with Azerbaijan 117 times
- 01.09.2017Serzh Sargsyan attends inauguration of highway in Azerbaijan’s occupied district.
- 01.09.2017Armenian soldier killed in landmine explosion in Nagorno Karabakh
- 31.08.2017Moscow: No information about next meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 31.08.2017Nothing new in Hoagland’s latest statement: Russian MFA
- 31.08.2017Azerbaijan accuses Armenia of provocation ahead of ministerial meeting on Karabakh settlement
- 31.08.2017FM: Armenian army presence in Azerbaijani territories major impediment to Karabakh conflict settlement
- 31.08.2017Azerbaijan says Canadian MP’s illegal Karabakh visit is another provocation of Armenia
- 31.08.2017Twenty-four years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Gubadli district by Armenia
- 30.08.2017ICRC visits Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 30.08.2017New US co-chair of OSCE MG says he would like to see Azerbaijani, Armenian presidents to meet at soonest opportunity
- 30.08.2017Armenian MPs to attend Euronest PA conference in Baku - UPDATED
- 13.06.2017ANAMA: Operations in Jojug Marjanli to be completed by late June
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijan urges foreign nationals to refrain from participation in int’l event in Karabakh
- 13.06.2017Hikmat Hajiyev: Armenia has particular fear of phrase ‘substantive talks’
- 13.06.2017Azerbaijani minister: Unreasonable processes going on around Azykh Cave
- 12.06.2017NATO member countries concerned about growth of armaments in South Caucasus
- 12.06.2017Foreign minister: Nagorno-Karabakh conflict must be settled based on Azerbaijan’s sovereignty