Ilham Aliyev: Army building is number-one priority for Azerbaijani leadership
Today is a historical day, the day of the restoration of the Jojug Marjanli village, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev said at a meeting with a group of military schools cadets in Jabrayil’s Jojug Marjanli village on Wednesday, APA reported.
The head of state noted that the village was liberated in a successful counterattack by the Azerbaijani army.
President Aliyev stressed that army building is the number-one priority for Azerbaijani leadership.
“The Azerbaijani army today is among the world’s most powerful armies. A lot has been achieved in the sphere of army building in recent years,” he said.
“Our army’s logistics is quite high. We continue buying advanced weapons and ammunition. At the same time, our country manufactures military products,” said the president. “Our army’s combat readiness is growing. There is a high level of discipline in the army. That’s why our army successfully retaliated for the Armenian provocation in last year’s April. Some territories of three occupied districts were liberated and the flag of Azerbaijan was raised over there.”
He went on to say: “After that successful operation, life is coming back to this village. The IDPs, who have been dreaming of returning to their homes, are now coming back. I believe hundreds of youth have not yet seen Jojug Marjanli but they have wished to return to this village. That day has come!”
He noted that a mosque reminiscent of the Shusha Mosque was build in the village and another 100 houses will be built in the next phase.
“Jojug Marjanli villagers will return to their lands and you, as new officers, will be standing guard for our lands,” the president said.
Related news releases
- 21.11.2017Azerbaijan summons French envoy over France visit of Karabakh illegal regime’s “head”
- 21.11.2017EU asked not to show different attitudes towards Karabakh and Catalan problems
- 21.11.2017Russian FM: Experience shows Karabakh talks unlikely to end soon
- 21.11.2017Lavrov: Russia will continue efforts to create conditions for Karabakh conflict settlement
- 21.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 21.11.2017OSCE Secretary General: "We closely monitor the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 20.11.2017Turkish ambassador talks about Erdogan's meeting with Putin
- 20.11.2017UNSC resolutions demanding liberation of Azerbaijani lands under discussion – Russian FM
- 20.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement should be tripled
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: UNSC resolutions to remain in force until implementation
- 20.11.2017Russia will work on peaceful solution acceptable to Karabakh conflict parties – Lavrov
- 20.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Status quo in Karabakh conflict is 'unacceptable and unstable'
- 20.11.2017Novruz Mammadov: Despite provocations of Armenia and its patrons, Azerbaijan doesn’t step back from ‘peace course’
- 20.11.2017Lavrov: Deadlock in US-Russia ties doesn’t affect cooperation on Karabakh settlement
- 20.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will avenge child victims of Armenian armed provocations
- 20.11.201726 years pass since Armenia shot down military helicopter with Azerbaijani political elite on board
- 19.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 135 times
- 18.11.2017EU Special Representative for South Caucasus to visit Baku
- 18.11.2017Armenia 123 times breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan in 24 hours
- 17.11.2017Erdogan: "We discussed Nagorno-Karabakh conflict with Putin"
- 16.11.2017Armenia continues military exercises in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani FM: Following Vienna talks, we’ll offer the presidents to meet - INTERVIEW
- 16.11.2017Ambassador Cekuta reacts to reports on alleged U.S. decision to withdraw from OSCE MG chairmanship
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs agree to meet in Vienna next month
- 16.11.2017Baku agrees with proposal to hold meeting of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs in Vienna - UPDATED
- 16.11.2017Moscow reacts to Matthew Bryza’s statement on possible change in Minsk Group format
- 16.11.2017Azerbaijanis stage rally outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi, demand release of hostages Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 15.11.2017FM Mammadyarov: Azerbaijan wants concrete results in Karabakh talks
- 15.11.2017Mehriban Aliyeva: UN resolutions on Nagorno-Karabakh must be implemented
- 14.11.2017Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan will restore its territorial integrity at any cost
- 14.11.2017Armenian FM meets with OSCE MG co-chairs in Moscow
- 14.11.2017Lavrov: Efforts towards Karabakh conflict settlement to be discussed in Baku and Yerevan
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’
- 10.11.2017OSCE Permanent Council holds meeting on Karabakh conflict
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani president: Restoration of Jojug Marjanli village is a historic event
- 15.06.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 15.06.2017Russia says it's doing 'everything possible' for compromise to be reached on Karabakh conflict
- 14.06.2017Ilham Aliyev: All occupied territories of Azerbaijan will be liberated
- 14.06.2017NATO official compares situation in Karabakh with USSR-US relations during “cold war”
- 14.06.2017Azerbaijani deputy PM: Minsk Group co-chairs should strive more for just decision to be taken