Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani people confident of restoring country’s territorial integrity
The Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict is the biggest injustice, President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev said at the opening of a new residential complex for IDPs in Baku’s Garadagh district on May 24, APA reports.
“As a result of Armenian occupation, our citizens became internally displaced,” said President Aliyev, noting that Armenia committed savagery, violating all international legal norms.
The head of state stressed that the vicious nature of Armenian fascism has been manifested in the consequences of this conflict.
“However, the Azerbaijani people are confident of restoring the country’s territorial integrity. Both international law and justice are with us. The truth of history is with us. Today, the force factor plays a major role in the world is on the rise; powerful countries succeed. Azerbaijan is also a powerful country. We have a strong army, a strong economy and a well-thought policy,” President Aliyev said.
He emphasized that the restoration of the Jojug Marjanli village is an indicator of the unshakable spirit of the Azerbaijani people.
“This once again proves that the Azerbaijani people will never accept this occupation. This once again shows that all IDPs live with the desire to return to their native land. I’m confident that we will accomplish this,” he said.
The head of state noted that the restoration of the Jojug Marjanli village became possible after the glorious victory of the Azerbaijani Army in the April battles.
“The restoration of this village was possible after parts of Aghdere, Fuzuli, Jabrayil districts were cleared of the occupants. The Azerbaijani Army once again demonstrated its power. The Azerbaijani people once again showed that they will never accept the occupation, and will at all costs return to their native lands and restore the country’s territorial integrity. Citizens from Jojug Marjanli, people who have for many years lived in different places prefer to return to their village at the first opportunity. Now life is reviving there, conditions are being created. Necessary infrastructure has been created in the village to live and work,” he said.
All this once again shows that all destroyed cities of Azerbaijan will be restored after being liberated, President Aliyev stressed.
The head of state went on to say: “All historical monuments, mosques, museums in our occupied territories were destroyed and looted by Armenians. All our cities were destroyed. This is an unprecedented barbarism. All images of these destroyed buildings, houses, mosques demonstrate the predatory essence of Armenian barbarism. However, we will return to our native lands. No one doubts this as we have returned to the Jojug Marjanli village, Shikharkh settlement.”
Thanks to the power of the Azerbaijani state and the will of the Azerbaijani people, all cities liberated from the occupation will be restored, President Aliyev emphasized.
Related news releases
- 24.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 92 times
- 22.06.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs meet in Minsk
- 22.06.2018Baku supports promotion of ties between Nagorno-Karabakh’s Azerbaijani, Armenian communities – FM
- 21.06.2018Lavrov: Solution won’t be far off if Karabakh conflict sides reach consensus
- 21.06.2018Mogherini: EU supports Minsk Group’s mediation efforts for Karabakh settlement
- 20.06.2018Deputy PM: Azerbaijan's main goal to liberate its occupied lands
- 20.06.2018Return to Jojug Marjanli further strengthened IDPs’ hope to return to native lands: committee chairman
- 20.06.2018Nagorno-Karabakh conflict requires early political settlement - EU
- 18.06.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Manvel Grigoryan participated in Khojaly genocide and other war crimes
- 17.06.2018News about the alleged flights of "fighter aircraft" of Armenia over Khankendi – the next information adventurism of the enemy
- 17.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 83 times
- 15.06.2018Zakharova: Creating favorable atmosphere key to resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.06.2018Kremlin: Too early to talk about further Aliyev-Pashinyan meetings
- 15.06.2018Separatist Nagorno-Karabakh regime's ex-minister of defense released
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in near future: OSCE MG co-chairs
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani official calls Armenian president’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh illegal
- 13.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The visit of the Armenian president to the Kalbajar region is a provocation"
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meet Armenian PM
- 13.06.2018Armenian president visits occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs arrive in Armenia
- 12.06.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to keep increasing its defense capability as long as Armenia continues occupation policy
- 11.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The statements of the Armenian FM confirm that Armenia is a party to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 10.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 09.06.2018MEP: I and my group will never pay illegal visit to Nagorno Karabakh
- 09.06.2018MP: Liberation of occupied lands in Nakhchivan is triumph of Azerbaijani president’s policy
- 09.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: I hope ACRE will adequately assess fact of occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Army liberated over 11 thousand hectares of land in Nakhchivan
- 08.06.2018OSCE representatives visit Tartar district executive authority
- 07.06.2018Russian FM responds to Armenian PM’s idea that Nagorno-Karabakh should join negotiations as a party
- 07.06.2018Russia says will continue to help sides find solution to Karabakh conflict
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry responds to Armenian PM’s statement
- 07.06.2018Popov: OSCE MG co-chairs’ planned visit to Armenia aims to hold talks with new gov’t
- 07.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "I hope that the new leadership of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous government"
- 06.06.2018Australian Senate expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 05.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on June 13
- 03.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 01.06.2018Russian Foreign Ministry considers Pashinyan’s statement on settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict unconstructive
- 01.06.2018Oettinger: Karabakh conflict settlement ‘impossible’ without Russia
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev and Nikol Pashinyan can meet in coming weeks – Armenian FM
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Destruction of Azerbaijan’s historical, religious monuments by Armenia is unprecedented vandalism
- 25.05.2018FM: Azerbaijan ready for good neighborly relations with Armenia after restoration of its territorial integrity
- 25.05.2018Azerbaijani FM: Proposing Karabakh separatists’ participation in talks means ‘killing’ peace process
- 25.05.2018No discussion yet on date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting – Mammadyarov
- 24.05.2018Trump: Coming months bring opportunities to resolve Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 23.05.2018FM: Armenia to resume Karabakh peace process in near future
- 23.05.2018Azerbaijani defense minister meets personal representative of OSCE Chairman-in-Office