Nearly 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes in disrepair – MP
About 4,600 IDP families in Azerbaijan currently live in homes that are in disrepair, MP Gudrat Hasanguliyev said during a discussion by parliamentary committees of the 2018 state budget package, APA reported.
“I was once an MP of the constituency surrounding the Goranboy, Aghdam, and Terter districts, so I’m closely familiar with the living conditions of those IDPs therein. About 4,600 IDP families currently live in homes that re in disrepair. That is to say, their lives are in imminent danger,” he said.
He noted that after Mehriban Aliyev was appointed as the First Vice President of Azerbaijan, there has been an increased attention to this area.
"The activity of Pasha Holding in this direction is praiseworthy. Pasha Holding builds houses for refugees. I’ve been told that even some entrepreneurs buy houses for refugees upon Mehriban Aliyeva’s encouragement. The State Oil Fund is expected to allocate a total of AZN 200 million to improve the housing conditions of refugees. This is less than last year's funding. It is noted here that foreign loans in the amount of 42 million manats will also be dedicated to this cause. I would like to ask who will receive this 42 million manats, from which account will it be given, and how will this money be invested in housing construction?” said the MP.
Reminding that 244 million manats were allocated for the construction of new sports complexes in the country, Hasanguliyev said that this issue should not be a priority. “The priority should be the creation of normal living conditions for refugees who have been living in unbearable conditions for more than 25 years,” he stressed.
Hasanguliyev also said that 7.2 million manats allocated to newborns in Azerbaijan are insufficient.
“What social budget can we talk about now? However, 159,454 children were born in our country (the concrete period is not mentioned). When divide this amount, each child gets for about 45 manats per month. When we raise the price, we often compare with Europe countries. But in Europe, children are allocated about 100-192 euros per month, and they receive this money till they are 16 years old. We should at least provide separate amount for newborn children whose parents do not work. Let’s admit that the birth expense of a child reaches 500-1,000 manats. We should allocate at least 500 manats for these families,” added the MP.
Related news releases
- 15.07.2018The provocation of the reconnaissance-sabotage group of Armenia was suppressed on the state border - PHOTO
- 15.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 87 times
- 14.07.2018Armenia continues breaking ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 13.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijan has high hopes for France’s efforts in resolving Karabakh conflict
- 13.07.2018Nikol Pashinyan: No talk on meeting with Azerbaijani president at the moment
- 12.07.2018Hajiyev: Azerbaijan recommends that Armenian leadership finally come to senses, comprehend realities
- 12.07.2018Moscow: Azerbaijan, Armenia fail to decide on increasing number of int’l observers in conflict zone
- 12.07.2018OSCE MG co-chairs issue statement following meeting with Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs
- 12.07.2018Mogherini called for negotiations on Nagorno Karabakh without preconditions
- 12.07.2018Hikmat Hajiyev: “The meeting of Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs lasted about 4 hours”
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijani and Armenian FMs meet it Brussels
- 11.07.2018Elmar Mammadyarov meets with OSCE MG co-chairs
- 11.07.2018ICRC meets with Dilgam Asgarov, Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018UNSC has not adopted resolutions on organization of military tribunals despite Armenia’s war crimes – Baku
- 11.07.2018Baku: Pashinyan's son’s military service in Nagorno-Karabakh has became a political show
- 11.07.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to take all necessary measures to release Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 11.07.2018Azerbaijan says supports intensive, substantive talks on Karabakh conflict settlement
- 10.07.2018Ilham Aliyev: Turkey always supports Azerbaijan in Karabakh problem
- 10.07.2018No incident during OSCE contact line monitoring
- 10.07.2018OSCE reps meet with deputy head of Aghdam district executive authority
- 10.07.2018Armenia breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan 81 times
- 09.07.2018Talks on Karabakh conflict settlement must be continued in existing format: Azerbaijani MFA
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani FM: If Armenia’s new gov’t follow Sargsyan regime’s path, they’ll meet the same fate
- 09.07.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet on July 11 - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018OSCE to monitor contact line of Azerbaijani, Armenian troops
- 08.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 89 times
- 07.07.2018Armenians set fire in Azerbaijan’s occupied lands again
- 07.07.2018Armenian FM: Meeting with Azerbaijan FM planned for near future
- 06.07.2018Patrushev: Russia supports phased and peaceful settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict
- 06.07.2018Igor Popov: Date of Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs’ meeting may be announced soon
- 06.07.2018Baku: Armenia’s attempts to artificially maintain status quo are fraught with serious complications
- 04.07.2018Azerbaijani MFA issues statement on anniversary of tragic Alkhanli events
- 04.07.2018Russian State Duma deputy responds to accusations against him
- 04.07.2018Russian lawmaker under attack after recognizing Karabakh as Azerbaijani territory
- 04.07.2018Baku reacts to reports of Armenia deploying internal troops in Nagorno-Karabakh
- 03.07.2018Azerbaijani PM calls for release of Dilgam Asgarov and Shahbaz Guliyev
- 01.07.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 90 times
- 30.06.2018Azercosmos: Armenians committed arsons in 280ha area in occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 30.06.2018Armenia again breaks ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 29.06.2018Armenia holds military drills in occupied Azerbaijani lands
- 13.11.2017OSCE MG co-chairs to meet with Armenian FM in Moscow
- 13.11.2017Meeting of OSCE MG co-chairs, PACE co-rapporteurs on Karabakh conflict postponed
- 14.11.2017Russian FM Lavrov to visit Azerbaijan and Armenia – report
- 12.11.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 122 times
- 11.11.2017Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 10.11.2017U.S. diplomat says status quo in respect of Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’