Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
On December 25, 2017, the Steering Committee of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform held a meeting.
At the meeting, which was held in accordance with paragraph 6.9.4 of the Charter of the Civil Peace Platform, the Co-Chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform Rovshan Rzayev presented the agenda to the Steering Committee, the Platform’s press service told APA.
The first issue of the agenda was the change of the head of the Civil Peace Platform’s Secretariat. As the head of the Secretariat Orkhan Nabiyev continued his education abroad, his request for his dismissal from that position and his inclusion to the Council of Experts was discussed.
The candidature of Dilara Afandiyeva, the employee of the Azerbaijan Society for the Protection of the Rights of Women named after D. Aliyeva, was suggested as a new coordinator of the Civil Peace Platform’s Secretariat. After the discussions, there were made decisions regarding dismissal of Orkhan Nabiyev and appointing Dilara Efendiyeva as coordinator of the Secretariat of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform.
The second issue on the agenda were the amendments and additions by the Armenian Co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform Rafael Isakhanian proposed for the Charter adopted on 30 October 2017 in Tbilisi and his actions during his co-chairmanship which were contrary to the principles of the Civil Peace Platform were discussed widely. It was stated during discussion that, according to the Article 6.5 of the Charter, amendments and additions may only be made during the General Assembly of the Civil Peace Platform. It was also noted that, according to Article 5.10 of the Charter, membership of any member of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform should be denied when he/she violates the name, goals and principles of the Civil Peace Platform.
Co-chair of the Platform Rovshan Rzayev, asked the Steering Committee to express its view on the issue of termination of Mr. Isakhanian’s membership because he violated the clause of the Charter. The situation and the presented facts were discussed in detail and Rafael Isakhanian was removed as co-chair and member of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform.
Artur Agajanov, a member of the Steering Committee, was nominated as the new co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform. Mr. Agajanov's candidacy was discussed and he was elected as the new co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform’s Steering Committee. Members of the Board wished Mr. Agajanov success in his future activities.
Later, the Steering Committee accepted the new members to the Platform and, in accordance with the final decision of the General Assembly, discussed the main directions for the year of 2018.
In the end, the Steering Committee of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform congratulated its member countries on the occasion of Christmas and the upcoming New Year 2018.
Related news releases
- 20.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 97 times
- 19.03.2018Ilham Aliyev: Large part of present-day Armenia is historical Azerbaijani land
- 18.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 117 times
- 16.03.2018Azerbaijani PM: Armenia continues its non-constructive position, tries to protract Karabakh conflict
- 16.03.2018FM: Karabakh talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 15.03.2018Ali Hasanov: Azerbaijanis must return to their ancestral lands, Armenians must live there together with them
- 15.03.2018World unwilling to resolve Karabakh problem: Turkey’s ex-FM
- 15.03.2018Turkey, Azerbaijan cooperate on regional issues, counterterrorism – PM
- 15.03.2018Former EU special rep: After me, there’s been no substantial change in Karabakh conflict settlement
- 15.03.2018Russian MFA comments on US visit of Karabakh separatists’ leader
- 15.03.2018Zakharova: "Artsakh Republic" has no representation in Moscow
- 15.03.2018UK supports OSCE Minsk Group efforts to resolve Karabakh conflict - envoy
- 15.03.2018Status quo in Karabakh conflict ‘unacceptable’ – Azerbaijani president
- 14.03.2018The next ceasefire monitoring exercise will be conducted on the Line of Contact of the armed forces of Azerbaijan and Armenia
- 14.03.2018UN, OSCE and all nations recognize Azerbaijan’s fair position on Nagorno-Karabakh issue – Turkish PM
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijan’s damage from Armenian occupation surpasses $818 billion
- 13.03.2018Romania committed to continuous development of partnership with Azerbaijan - MP
- 13.03.2018OSCE PA says there are shortcomings in protracted conflicts
- 12.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 11.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 106 times
- 10.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 08.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 110 times
- 08.03.2018Azerbaijani Permanent Mission to the OSCE clarifies allegations surfaced in the Armenian media
- 07.03.2018Russian presidential hopeful talks about possible solutions to Karabakh conflict
- 06.03.2018CSTO not to support Karabakh separatists in case of war
- 06.03.2018UNICEF says death of children in ceasefire violations ‘unacceptable’
- 06.03.2018Armenia continues violating ceasefire with Azerbaijan
- 05.03.2018FM Mammadyarov: Karabakh peace talks to be intensified after elections in Azerbaijan, Armenia
- 05.03.2018Spanish edition of Los Angeles Times: Armenia has committed genocide against Azerbaijani people in Khojaly
- 04.03.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 98 times
- 02.03.2018Moscow sees no need for separatist Karabakh regime’s involvement in negotiation process
- 02.03.2018Baku says Nalbandian tries to justify Armenia’s failed foreign policy for internal audience
- 01.03.2018Azerbaijani diplomat responds to Armenian FM’s statement in UN
- 01.03.2018Secretary General: "The UN supports the efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group on the peaceful settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 28.02.2018Armenia violated ceasefire with Azerbaijan over 3,400 times in February
- 27.02.2018Baku sees no alternative to peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict – FM
- 27.02.2018Azerbaijani FM: Those responsible for Khojaly genocide still enjoy impunity
- 27.02.2018Requiem concert dedicated to Khojaly genocide held in Amsterdam
- 26.02.2018President Ilham Aliyev was interviewed by Rossiya-24 correspondent
- 26.02.2018Russian lawmaker urges world community to condemn Khojaly genocide
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance