Rafael Isakhanian removed as co-chair and member of Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform
On December 25, 2017, the Steering Committee of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform held a meeting.
At the meeting, which was held in accordance with paragraph 6.9.4 of the Charter of the Civil Peace Platform, the Co-Chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform Rovshan Rzayev presented the agenda to the Steering Committee, the Platform’s press service told APA.
The first issue of the agenda was the change of the head of the Civil Peace Platform’s Secretariat. As the head of the Secretariat Orkhan Nabiyev continued his education abroad, his request for his dismissal from that position and his inclusion to the Council of Experts was discussed.
The candidature of Dilara Afandiyeva, the employee of the Azerbaijan Society for the Protection of the Rights of Women named after D. Aliyeva, was suggested as a new coordinator of the Civil Peace Platform’s Secretariat. After the discussions, there were made decisions regarding dismissal of Orkhan Nabiyev and appointing Dilara Efendiyeva as coordinator of the Secretariat of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform.
The second issue on the agenda were the amendments and additions by the Armenian Co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform Rafael Isakhanian proposed for the Charter adopted on 30 October 2017 in Tbilisi and his actions during his co-chairmanship which were contrary to the principles of the Civil Peace Platform were discussed widely. It was stated during discussion that, according to the Article 6.5 of the Charter, amendments and additions may only be made during the General Assembly of the Civil Peace Platform. It was also noted that, according to Article 5.10 of the Charter, membership of any member of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform should be denied when he/she violates the name, goals and principles of the Civil Peace Platform.
Co-chair of the Platform Rovshan Rzayev, asked the Steering Committee to express its view on the issue of termination of Mr. Isakhanian’s membership because he violated the clause of the Charter. The situation and the presented facts were discussed in detail and Rafael Isakhanian was removed as co-chair and member of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform.
Artur Agajanov, a member of the Steering Committee, was nominated as the new co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform. Mr. Agajanov's candidacy was discussed and he was elected as the new co-chair of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform’s Steering Committee. Members of the Board wished Mr. Agajanov success in his future activities.
Later, the Steering Committee accepted the new members to the Platform and, in accordance with the final decision of the General Assembly, discussed the main directions for the year of 2018.
In the end, the Steering Committee of the Armenia-Azerbaijan Civil Peace Platform congratulated its member countries on the occasion of Christmas and the upcoming New Year 2018.
Related news releases
- 18.06.2018Azerbaijani MFA: Manvel Grigoryan participated in Khojaly genocide and other war crimes
- 17.06.2018News about the alleged flights of "fighter aircraft" of Armenia over Khankendi – the next information adventurism of the enemy
- 17.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 83 times
- 15.06.2018Zakharova: Creating favorable atmosphere key to resolving Karabakh conflict
- 15.06.2018Kremlin: Too early to talk about further Aliyev-Pashinyan meetings
- 15.06.2018Separatist Nagorno-Karabakh regime's ex-minister of defense released
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani, Armenian FMs to meet in near future: OSCE MG co-chairs
- 14.06.2018Azerbaijani official calls Armenian president’s visit to Nagorno-Karabakh illegal
- 13.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The visit of the Armenian president to the Kalbajar region is a provocation"
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs meet Armenian PM
- 13.06.2018Armenian president visits occupied Azerbaijani territories
- 13.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs arrive in Armenia
- 12.06.2018MFA: Azerbaijan to keep increasing its defense capability as long as Armenia continues occupation policy
- 11.06.2018Hikmet Hajiyev: "The statements of the Armenian FM confirm that Armenia is a party to the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict"
- 10.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 144 times
- 09.06.2018MEP: I and my group will never pay illegal visit to Nagorno Karabakh
- 09.06.2018MP: Liberation of occupied lands in Nakhchivan is triumph of Azerbaijani president’s policy
- 09.06.2018Ilham Aliyev: I hope ACRE will adequately assess fact of occupation of Azerbaijani lands
- 08.06.2018Azerbaijani Army liberated over 11 thousand hectares of land in Nakhchivan
- 08.06.2018OSCE representatives visit Tartar district executive authority
- 07.06.2018Russian FM responds to Armenian PM’s idea that Nagorno-Karabakh should join negotiations as a party
- 07.06.2018Russia says will continue to help sides find solution to Karabakh conflict
- 07.06.2018Azerbaijani Foreign Ministry responds to Armenian PM’s statement
- 07.06.2018Popov: OSCE MG co-chairs’ planned visit to Armenia aims to hold talks with new gov’t
- 07.06.2018President Ilham Aliyev: "I hope that the new leadership of Armenia will not repeat the mistakes of the previous government"
- 06.06.2018Australian Senate expresses support for Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 05.06.2018OSCE MG co-chairs to visit Armenia on June 13
- 03.06.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 82 times
- 01.06.2018Russian Foreign Ministry considers Pashinyan’s statement on settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict unconstructive
- 01.06.2018Oettinger: Karabakh conflict settlement ‘impossible’ without Russia
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev and Nikol Pashinyan can meet in coming weeks – Armenian FM
- 31.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Destruction of Azerbaijan’s historical, religious monuments by Armenia is unprecedented vandalism
- 30.05.2018Nagorno-Karabakh conflict to be discussed at OSCE PA session
- 29.05.2018Baku: Armenian soldiers' shooting at Azerbaijani civilians shows inadmissibility of status quo
- 29.05.2018Agricultural machinery in Azerbaijan’s Fuzuli hit by multiple bullets during Armenian shelling
- 28.05.2018President: Only way for Nagorno Karabakh conflict settlement is restoration of Azerbaijan’s territorial integrity
- 28.05.2018Ilham Aliyev: Azerbaijani army among world's 50 strongest armies
- 27.05.2018Azerbaijani, French FMs discuss Karabakh conflict settlement
- 27.05.2018French FM: France helping to find a peaceful resolution of Nagorno-Karabakh conflict
- 27.05.2018Armenia violates ceasefire 86 times
- 26.12.2017Azerbaijan removes Russian photographer from “black list”
- 27.12.2017Russia welcomes activation of negotiation process on Karabakh settlement – deputy FM
- 28.12.201726 years pass since occupation of Azerbaijan’s Khankendi
- 24.12.2017Armenia violates ceasefire 139 times
- 23.12.2017Rapprochement of Russia, Iran, Turkey can contribute to resolve Karabakh conflict – Russian political scientist
- 23.12.2017Azerbaijani official: EaP summit declaration’s provision on territorial integrity and sovereignty is of great importance