Elman Abdullayev: One can not regard lack of Armenian authorities’ political will to withdraw troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories as readiness for compromise
Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan had said in his interview to The Wall Street Journal that Armenia is ready for compromise and to solve Nagorno Karabakh conflict: “The situation is indeed tense, but we have never made hostile statements. The conflict must be solved through negotiations. Military operations are inadmissible, because it would harm Nagorno Karabakh, Armenia, but most harm would come to the Azerbaijani people.”
Elman Abdullayev commented on Armenian President’s views.
“I wonder, who has made the situation in the region tense? Bloody ethnic cleansing was carried out, one million people were expelled from their historical lands as a result of the militaristic policy of Armenia,” he said.
He said due to the unbearable economic situation in Armenia a lot of citizens are obliged to leave for other countries.
According to the diplomat, the approach of Armenia to the issue resulted in its isolation from all regional processes: “In this case, such a question arises: Who creates the tense situation? In general, what does Yerevan want to achieve – to harm the future of the region and its people?”
The spokesman said that the establishment of a puppet regime in the occupied territories of Azerbaijan and attempts to carry out artificial settlement in these areas are not the ways out of the situation: “Is it necessary to harm the region and people for the sake of their ambitious and nationalist approach? One can not regard lack of Armenian authorities’ political will to withdraw troops from the occupied Azerbaijani territories as readiness for compromise. What do we mean when speaking about the attempts on the maintenance of the status-quo? Don’t they mean maintenance of the occupation fact?”
Elman Abdullayev said that Azerbaijan is interested in changing the current status quo most of all: “We clearly understand that the region can never fully develop without changing the current tense situation and the people of the South Caucasus will suffer from this.”
Related news releases
- 11.06.2015The London action: another step, revealing Western political technologists
- 12.11.2012OIC Secretary General sends letter of gratitude to Azerbaijan’s Foreign Minister
- 13.11.2012German parliamentarian: The release of the occupied Azerbaijani territories is the only condition
- 17.11.2012Azerbaijan marks National Revival Day today
- 21.02.2013Russia Probes Possible Adoption by Same-Sex US Couple
- 12.11.2012Australia replies to Azerbaijan’s note of protest
- 12.11.2012First vice-speaker of Azerbaijani parliament: Armenia is going for adventure regarding Khankendi airport
- 12.11.2012PACE Sub-Committee to discuss report on “New parliamentary effort to create a stability pact in the South-Caucasus”