At least 3 dead in California school shooting, shooter killed by police
At least three people were killed in a shooting Tuesday morning at an elementary school in California, APA reports quoting local media.
The Tehama County Sheriff's Office says the shooting happened around 8 a.m. at Rancho Tehama School. The gunman was reportedly shot by police.
The shooting reportedly started at a home and moved to the school, authorities said. There are over 100 law enforcement officers at the school with up to five crime scenes.
“I know that we have (airlifted) a number of students,” said Tehama County Assistant Sheriff Phil Johnston. “I know that the school’s been cleared. I know that we have children that were attending school in a safe location at this time.”
A six-year-old child with two gunshot wounds was reportedly taken by helicopter to a hospital. A second child was reportedly shot in the leg, according to the Redding Record.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018US president hails Qatar anti-terror role
- 15.01.2018Russia’s Lavrov slams US statements on Iran nuclear deal
- 14.01.201813 dead, 39 hurt in multi-vehicle crash in Brazil
- 14.01.2018False missile alert sparks Hawaii panic
- 14.01.2018Trump, Lighthizer discuss China, NAFTA trade talks: White House
- 13.01.2018General Motors reveals self-driving car without steering wheel - VİDEO
- 13.01.2018Florida monkeys to be evicted after study finds they carry lethal Herpes B virus
- 13.01.2018Death toll from California mudslides climbs to 18
- 13.01.2018Food riots in Venezuela leave four dead, 16 wounded
- 13.01.2018Trump should apologize for any vulgar language, says Haiti's ambassador to U.S.
- 13.01.2018U.S. sanctions head of Iran's judiciary, others, over human rights abuses
- 13.01.2018Reluctant Trump grants sanctions relief to Iran one last time
- 12.01.2018Trump uses vulgarity in describing Haiti, African nations
- 12.01.2018Zuckerberg announces new changes to Facebook
- 12.01.2018Trump says he has a "very good relationship" with Kim Jong Un
- 12.01.2018Key Fed official slams U.S. tax cuts for imperiling economy
- 12.01.2018US Treasury to impose new sanctions on Iran
- 11.01.2018Trump to attend Davos economic forum: White House
- 11.01.2018State Dep't: US to fight Iran's presence in Syria with aggressive sanctions
- 11.01.2018Trump says US could stay in Paris climate accord
- 11.01.2018Death toll rises to 17 in California mudslides
- 11.01.2018US: Pence to head delegation to South Korea Olympics
- 11.01.2018U.S. concerned by Iran crackdown, 'will not remain silent': White House
- 10.01.2018Trump says U.S. open to talks with North Korea: White House
- 10.01.2018Magnitude 7.6 earthquake strikes off Central America
- 10.01.2018Death toll reaches 13 killed in Southern California deluge - UPDATED - VİDEO - UPDATED
- 10.01.2018Trump signals he could endorse immigration deal
- 10.01.2018Jeff Bezos is the richest person in the world
- 09.01.2018At least 5 dead as rain, mud roil California in US
- 09.01.2018Fed's Kashkari: Keep interest rates low to boost wages, inflation
- 09.01.2018Pentagon Chief: Iranian people are ‘fed up with’ revolutionary regime
- 09.01.2018US ending temporary residence for 200,000 Salvadorans
- 08.01.2018Two injured in fire at New York's Trump Tower - UPDATED
- 07.01.2018Trump hopes Korea talks extend beyond Olympics
- 06.01.2018U.N. meeting on Iran protests called by U.S. criticized at Security Council
- 06.01.2018U.N. Security Council meeting on protests a Trump 'foreign policy blunder': Iran
- 06.01.2018Airliners collide at Toronto's Pearson Airport, passengers safe
- 06.01.2018US says Iran ‘on notice’ at Security Council meeting
- 06.01.2018Risks to US oil supply at lowest point since 1970s
- 05.01.2018Adverse weather conditions leave 19 dead in U.S.
- 15.11.2017De Mistura: Putin, Trump create qualitatively new situation in Syrian settlement
- 15.11.2017Death toll as a result of a gunman in California fired at school reached - UPDATED
- 15.11.2017US FDA approves first 'digital pill'
- 14.11.2017Trump vows free and open Indo-Pacific region
- 14.11.2017US Army lifts ban on recruits with mental health history
- 12.11.2017Six people killed in bus-hearse crash in Mexico