4 PKK terrorists neutralized in SE Turkey
Four PKK terrorists were "neutralized" in southeastern Turkey, according to a military statement on Monday, APA reports quoting Anadolu Agency.
The Turkish General Staff said three female members of a "separatist terrorist organization" surrendered to security forces in Silopi district of southeastern Sirnak province.
Turkish authorities use the term “separatist terrorist group” to refer the to PKK, declared a terrorist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and EU.
They also use the term "neutralized" to signify terrorists in question either surrendered or have been killed or captured.
The security sources also captured another member of the PKK/PYD-YPG terrorist organization in Ceylanpinar district of southeastern Sanliurfa province while attempting to cross border into Turkey from northern Syria.
The PYD-YPG is the Syrian branch of the PKK terror group, which has waged a campaign against Turkey for over a decade resulting in the death of 40,000 people.
Related news releases
- 15.07.2018Indonesian police shoot dead three suspected militants
- 15.07.2018Rouhani: "The US ‘more isolated than ever’ over Iran sanctions"
- 14.07.2018At least 10 killed by landslide in northern Myanmar
- 14.07.2018Velayati: Russia wants to create joint electrical grid with Iran, Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018China floods wreak havoc, block roads and railways
- 14.07.2018Palestinian teenager killed in Israel-Gaza border protests
- 13.07.2018Suicide bomber kills 128 in attack on Pakistani election rally
- 13.07.2018Former Pakistani premier Sharif arrested in Lahore
- 13.07.2018Indian planes carrying more than 300 people avoid mid-air collision by 200 feet
- 12.07.2018FBI Presents New Details on Lead Up to Saddam Hussein's Interrogation
- 12.07.2018Kim Jong-un: "Extraordinary efforts' made by Trump for improving US-N Korea ties
- 11.07.2018Iran Supreme Leader's aide hails 'strategic' ties with Russia before Putin talks
- 11.07.201812 killed in election rally in NW Pakistan
- 10.07.2018Death toll in Japan flood disaster rises to 156
- 10.07.2018Last remaining kid, coach evacuated from Thai cave - media
- 10.07.2018At least 140 dead after heavy rain and landslides in Japan
- 09.07.2018Death toll rises to 126 in W. Japan after flood, rain
- 08.07.2018Japan floods and heavy rain leave at least 41 dead, dozens missing - UPDATED
- 07.07.2018North Korea regrets US stance at talks
- 07.07.2018Iran calls for EU help as shipping giant pulls out for fear of U.S. sanctions
- 07.07.2018Insider attack in S. Afghanistan kills 1 US serviceman, injures 2 others - NATO - UPDATED
- 07.07.2018Indian army kills 3 civilians in southern Kashmir
- 07.07.2018Both sides seek to 'clarify' as Pompeo holds second day of North Korea talks
- 07.07.2018No breakthrough in nuclear talks as Iran demands more after U.S. exit
- 07.07.2018Israeli air strike hits Syria at Golan frontier
- 07.07.2018Palestinian killed as Gaza protests against Israel enter fourth month
- 07.07.2018Second Saudi teen kills self after playing online game
- 06.07.2018Iranian leader describes EU proposals to save JCPOA as ‘disappointing’
- 05.07.2018German Coalition parties reach deal on Migration
- 05.07.2018Iranian FM summons German, French, Belgian diplomats
- 05.07.2018Pakistani court sends fake degree mill owner to jail
- 30.06.2018Turkish army 'neutralizes' 2 PKK terrorists
- 30.06.2018'Enemy Seeking Discord in Iran,' Khamenei Warns
- 30.06.2018Islamist militants attack African military base in Mali, at least six dead
- 30.06.2018Israeli forces kill two Palestinians in Gaza border protests: Gaza medics
- 30.06.2018Jordan source reports south Syria truce; State Department cannot confirm
- 29.06.20183 militants, 1 civilian killed in Kashmir gunbattle
- 29.06.2018Turkey neutralizes 6 PKK terrorists in northern Iraq
- 28.06.2018Over 140 undocumented migrants held in western Turkey
- 28.06.2018Iran reopens uranium feedstock plant in preparation to boost enrichment
- 02.07.2018Thai rescue teams find 13 missing in cave alive
- 04.07.20184.3-magnitude earthquake hits southern Iran
- 04.07.2018Iraq urges world countries to repatriate Islamic State children
- 01.07.2018Three settlements in Syria’s southwest de-escalation zone join ceasefire
- 01.07.2018Explosive device detonates near school in Syrian city of Al Hasakah
- 30.06.2018Iran still awaits for EU proposals on preserving nuclear deal - Tehran