Arab states issue Qatar 'terror list'
A joint statement by Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Egypt and the U.A.E. late on Thursday accused 59 individuals and 12 charity
The list includes the International Union of Muslim Scholars' Egyptian chairman, Yousef al-Qaradawi, and Abdullah bin Khalid, a former interior minister of Qatar.
The joint declaration said the list was the result of what it claimed were continued violations by the Qatari authorities of previous commitments and agreements, including "the commitment to not support or shelter elements or groups that threaten the security of countries".
"This is in light of its commitment to fighting terrorism, drying up the sources of the funding of terrorism, combatting extremist ideology and the instruments of spreading and
Thursday’s statement added the list would be updated with new individuals and
The move comes after Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the U.A.E., Bahrain and Yemen on Monday cut ties with Qatar, accusing Doha of supporting terrorism.
Qatar denied the accusations, calling the move "unjustified".
The escalation came two weeks after the website of Qatar’s official news agency was allegedly hacked by unknown individuals who reportedly published statements attributed to the country’s emir, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad al-Thani.
The incident triggered a diplomatic row between Qatar and its neighbours.
Related news releases
- 20.08.2017Australian men charged with terrorism over mosque fires
- 20.08.2017Iraqi PM says start of operation to liberate Tal Afar from ISIL underway
- 20.08.2017Saudi central bank says Qatari pilgrims can change riyals
- 19.08.2017Israel's Netanyahu to discuss Middle East with Putin
- 19.08.2017DPRK accuses Japan of planning cyberspace war of aggression
- 19.08.201720 killed, more than 150 injured after 6 coaches of train derails in northern India
- 19.08.2017Floods kill 10 people, displace 11,000 in South China
- 19.08.2017Lebanese army launches operation against Islamic State
- 19.08.2017Yemen violence worsening, more access to north needed: U.N.
- 17.08.2017Suicide blast in Gaza kills police officer, hurts five
- 17.08.2017Iranian president urges EU to step up efforts in nuclear deal implementation
- 17.08.2017Kyrgyz opposition leader convicted ahead of election
- 16.08.2017Detained Iran opposition leader goes on hunger strike
- 16.08.2017Afghanistan, Pakistan agree on need to restore trust
- 16.08.2017Mass graves found after Afghan forces recapture Shia village from Taliban
- 16.08.2017Turkish military kills 3 PKK terrorists in Iraq
- 16.08.2017North Korea delays Guam missile firing, U.S. says dialogue up to Kim
- 15.08.2017Syrian Military Jet Crashes in Suwayda Province - UPDATED
- 15.08.2017Philippines, ASEAN urge dialogue with North Korea
- 15.08.2017Fighting between Moro groups in Philippines kills 25
- 15.08.2017North Korea delays plan to fire missiles toward Guam
- 15.08.2017Iran appoints chief of influential expediency council
- 14.08.2017Blast kills six in Pakistan's southwest
- 14.08.2017Turkish jets kill 13 PKK terrorists in N. Iraq
- 13.08.2017Quake of magnitude 6.5 strikes off Indonesian island of Sumatra
- 13.08.20178 PKK terrorists killed in southeast Turkey
- 13.08.2017Bomb kills at least 15 in Pakistani city of Quetta
- 12.08.2017Former Afghan police chief jailed on corruption charges
- 12.08.2017Laos to withdraw troops from disputed border area with Cambodia
- 12.08.2017Flooding kills 11 in Iran’s northeast, west
- 12.08.201730 children die in hospital in northern India: medical official
- 11.08.2017Myanmar: Swine flu deaths go up to 23
- 11.08.2017U.S.-led coalition targets IS financial centers
- 11.08.201736 dead, 13 injured in NW China road accident
- 10.08.2017Counterterror operations kill 6 PKK terrorists
- 10.08.2017Bomb attack kills politician in Yemen
- 10.08.2017EU broadens sanction list agaisnt DPRK amid U.S.-DPRK war of words
- 10.08.2017South Korea threatens to retaliate against North’s provocations
- 10.08.2017North Korea Calls Trump Impossible to Communicate With
- 10.08.2017Up to 50 teen migrants 'deliberately drowned' off Yemen
- 09.06.2017Blast in Karbala leaves 20 people dead
- 09.06.2017Saudi Arabia, Egypt, UAE and Bahrain blacklist entities associated with Qatar
- 10.06.2017Iran signs final deal for 30 Boeing 737s
- 08.06.2017Saudi foreign minister holds talks in Oman amid regional dispute
- 08.06.2017Qatar vows 'no surrender' in row with Arab states
- 08.06.2017US-led coalition bombs pro-Syrian gov't forces near al-Tanf for 3rd time