DPRK says not interested in negotiations that require only denuclearization - UPDATED
North Korea announced that it is not interested in talks which require only denuclearization, DPRK's First Deputy Foreign Minister said, APA reports.
North Korea's First Deputy Foreign Minister Kim Kye-gwan also said that Pyongyang would go for negotiations with Trump only if he is interested in improving relations.
The First Deputy Foreign Minister said that if Pyongyang gets only unilateral demands on denuclearization, it would have nothing else to do but to reconsider the upcoming talks between the Unoted States and North Korea.
Earlier, Pyongyang announced that it would be suspending the May 16 talks with South Korea over ongoing joint military drills Max Thunder, being conducted by Seoul and Washington, which were reportedly a rehearsal for an invasion of North Korea and deemed a "provocation" by Pyongyang.
Talks between Kim and US President Donald Trump were expected to take place in Singapore on June 12. However, North Korea was threatening to suspend the US summit as well.
The US State Department said it has had no information from North Korea about the threat to cancel the summit between Kim Jong-un and Donald Trump and was moving ahead with preparations for the meeting.
Related news releases
- 24.05.2018Iran leader blasts U.S. for 'theatrical' pullout from nuclear deal
- 23.05.2018Iran's Zarif calls Pompeo's comments 'untrue', based on 'old illusions': state TV
- 23.05.2018Israeli air strikes target boat moored in Gaza
- 23.05.2018North Korea allows South Korea reporters to visit nuclear site
- 23.05.2018Saudi Arabia expands crackdown on women's rights activists
- 23.05.2018Iraqi PM rules out fresh polls amid rigging allegations
- 22.05.2018Iran ‘ready to return to pre-nuke deal era’: Official
- 22.05.2018Airstrike neutralizes 6 PKK terrorists in E. Turkey
- 22.05.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred in northern Iraq
- 22.05.2018Over 60 die of heatstroke in Pakistan's largest city
- 21.05.2018Palestine’s Abbas to leave hospital soon: PLO official
- 21.05.2018Vietnam says Chinese bombers in disputed South China Sea increase tensions
- 21.05.2018Iran's presence in Syria at Damascus' demand: Tehran
- 20.05.2018South Korea's LG Group chairman dies at 73
- 20.05.2018Mushrooms Poison Hundreds in Iran
- 19.05.2018China to increase purchase of US goods to support employment in US - White House - UPDATED
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan cricket match kill eight spectators
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan sports stadium kill as many as eight-officials
- 19.05.2018Two North Koreans including a soldier defect to South Korea
- 18.05.2018Iran calls on Muslims to revise trade ties with U.S. after Jerusalem move
- 18.05.2018Saudi Arabia, UAE, Russia to discuss oil supplies following US withdrawal from JCPOA
- 18.05.2018Russia, Syria can start work to rebuild Syrian economy, says Putin
- 17.05.20185 suspected bombers killed in southwest Pakistan
- 15.05.2018Israel asks Turkish envoy in Palestine to leave country
- 15.05.2018N Korea suspends talks with South over their joint drills with US
- 15.05.2018Palestinian leader Abbas hospitalized for surgery
- 15.05.2018Palestinian Death Toll in Gaza Rises to 59 - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Fiery cleric Sadr taps anger over Iran to lead Iraq poll
- 15.05.2018Hezbollah says rocket attack on Israeli-occupied Golan marks 'new phase'
- 15.05.2018Netanyahu calls Israeli actions in Gaza self-defense against Hamas
- 14.05.2018Kuwait seeks UN Securtity Council meeting over Gaza
- 14.05.2018Oil gains on OPEC report; U.S. crude discount to Brent deepens
- 14.05.2018At least 52 Palestinians killed by Israeli army at Gaza border - UPDATED-4
- 14.05.2018U.S. embassy opens in Jerusalem
- 13.05.2018Daesh-inspired group carried out deadly suicide attacks in Indonesia
- 13.05.2018Serial explosions occur in Indonesia, at least two killed, over a dozen injured
- 12.05.2018North Korea details plans to dismantle nuclear test site
- 12.05.2018North Korea announces nuclear test site dismantling ceremony for May
- 12.05.2018Explosion damages vessel carrying wheat to Yemen
- 12.05.2018Israel to Assad: Get rid of your Iranian allies, they will harm you
- 16.05.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Gulf states should influence Trump in Palestinian issue
- 16.05.2018Israel says Hamas curbed Gaza protests after Egyptian warning
- 16.05.2018Israel summons Turkey's charge d'affaires
- 16.05.2018Seven dead, 30 feared trapped after part of flyover collapses in Indian city
- 16.05.2018Seoul regrets Pyongyang's decision to suspend high level inter-Korean talks
- 15.05.2018Iran wants guarantees from EU that JCPOA would be beneficial for It - Zarif