Iran declines to confirm Saudi hand in Tehran terror attacks
Iranian Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi has declined to comment on Saudi Arabia’s possible role in the yesterday’s terror attacks in Tehran.
“So far, we cannot judge whether Saudi Arabia has played a role in the terrorist attack,” said the minister, APA reported citing ISNA.
The authorities say that at least seven shooters and suicidal bombers were involved in the terrorist attack.
Six terrorists were killed on the scene and a woman was wounded and arrested.
The officials say the woman who commanded the terrorist attack is from Iran’s southern regions and the rest are from the country’s western regions.
Two separate attacks shook Tehran on June 7. As reports said, several armed people tried to break their way into the Parliament building.
The attackers managed to get inside the building and engaged in a shootout with the security forces. One terrorist committed suicide by blowing himself up. The latest reports indicate that all four terrorists who took part in the siege of the parliament building have been killed.
Meanwhile, another attack took place at the Imam Khomeini Shrine. The reports said Iran's security forces neutralized one terrorist, another one committed suicide.
A separate terrorist group in the country has been detained before it managed to carry out any terror attack. Fars news agency issued a report saying that ISIS claimed responsibility for the terror attacks in Tehran.
According to the latest reports, the overall body count in the attacks has reached 17 people, including three women.
Related news releases
- 22.08.201718 injured after bus overturns in Indian-controlled Kashmir
- 22.08.2017Top U.S. general in Afghanistan says new strategy based on conditions not timelines
- 22.08.2017Clashes in Palestinian camp in South Lebanon leave 2 killed, 8 injured
- 22.08.2017Iraqi forces kill several foreign Daesh militants by shelling Tal Afar
- 22.08.2017Rocket strikes downtown Kabul
- 22.08.2017S Korean President Warns of Dangerous Fallout From Any US-N Korea Conflict
- 20.08.2017Australian men charged with terrorism over mosque fires
- 20.08.2017Iraqi PM says start of operation to liberate Tal Afar from ISIL underway
- 20.08.2017Saudi central bank says Qatari pilgrims can change riyals
- 19.08.2017Israel's Netanyahu to discuss Middle East with Putin
- 19.08.2017DPRK accuses Japan of planning cyberspace war of aggression
- 19.08.201720 killed, more than 150 injured after 6 coaches of train derails in northern India
- 19.08.2017Floods kill 10 people, displace 11,000 in South China
- 19.08.2017Lebanese army launches operation against Islamic State
- 19.08.2017Yemen violence worsening, more access to north needed: U.N.
- 17.08.2017Suicide blast in Gaza kills police officer, hurts five
- 17.08.2017Iranian president urges EU to step up efforts in nuclear deal implementation
- 17.08.2017Kyrgyz opposition leader convicted ahead of election
- 16.08.2017Detained Iran opposition leader goes on hunger strike
- 16.08.2017Afghanistan, Pakistan agree on need to restore trust
- 16.08.2017Mass graves found after Afghan forces recapture Shia village from Taliban
- 16.08.2017Turkish military kills 3 PKK terrorists in Iraq
- 16.08.2017North Korea delays Guam missile firing, U.S. says dialogue up to Kim
- 15.08.2017Syrian Military Jet Crashes in Suwayda Province - UPDATED
- 15.08.2017Philippines, ASEAN urge dialogue with North Korea
- 15.08.2017Fighting between Moro groups in Philippines kills 25
- 15.08.2017North Korea delays plan to fire missiles toward Guam
- 15.08.2017Iran appoints chief of influential expediency council
- 14.08.2017Blast kills six in Pakistan's southwest
- 14.08.2017Turkish jets kill 13 PKK terrorists in N. Iraq
- 13.08.2017Quake of magnitude 6.5 strikes off Indonesian island of Sumatra
- 13.08.20178 PKK terrorists killed in southeast Turkey
- 13.08.2017Bomb kills at least 15 in Pakistani city of Quetta
- 12.08.2017Former Afghan police chief jailed on corruption charges
- 12.08.2017Laos to withdraw troops from disputed border area with Cambodia
- 12.08.2017Flooding kills 11 in Iran’s northeast, west
- 12.08.201730 children die in hospital in northern India: medical official
- 11.08.2017Myanmar: Swine flu deaths go up to 23
- 11.08.2017U.S.-led coalition targets IS financial centers
- 11.08.201736 dead, 13 injured in NW China road accident
- 08.06.2017Iran identifies terrorists involved in Tehran attacks
- 08.06.2017US-led coalition bombs pro-Syrian gov't forces near al-Tanf for 3rd time
- 08.06.2017Qatar vows 'no surrender' in row with Arab states
- 08.06.2017Tehran attacks death toll up to 17
- 08.06.201716 injured in acid attack in Tehran
- 08.06.2017Myanmar military finds bodies from plane crashed in Andaman Sea