Iran declines to confirm Saudi hand in Tehran terror attacks
Iranian Intelligence Minister Mahmoud Alavi has declined to comment on Saudi Arabia’s possible role in the yesterday’s terror attacks in Tehran.
“So far, we cannot judge whether Saudi Arabia has played a role in the terrorist attack,” said the minister, APA reported citing ISNA.
The authorities say that at least seven shooters and suicidal bombers were involved in the terrorist attack.
Six terrorists were killed on the scene and a woman was wounded and arrested.
The officials say the woman who commanded the terrorist attack is from Iran’s southern regions and the rest are from the country’s western regions.
Two separate attacks shook Tehran on June 7. As reports said, several armed people tried to break their way into the Parliament building.
The attackers managed to get inside the building and engaged in a shootout with the security forces. One terrorist committed suicide by blowing himself up. The latest reports indicate that all four terrorists who took part in the siege of the parliament building have been killed.
Meanwhile, another attack took place at the Imam Khomeini Shrine. The reports said Iran's security forces neutralized one terrorist, another one committed suicide.
A separate terrorist group in the country has been detained before it managed to carry out any terror attack. Fars news agency issued a report saying that ISIS claimed responsibility for the terror attacks in Tehran.
According to the latest reports, the overall body count in the attacks has reached 17 people, including three women.
Related news releases
- 18.10.2017Communist Party of China opens the 19th National Congress
- 18.10.2017North Korean official: We won’t negotiate until we can strike US east coast
- 17.10.20172 UAE pilots killed in Yemen crash
- 17.10.2017Raqqa: IS 'capital' falls to US-backed Syrian forces
- 17.10.2017At least 50 killed in Taliban attacks on Afghan police - UPDATED
- 17.10.2017Massive Us-South Korean naval war games begin near Korean peninsula
- 17.10.2017Four nations meet to resume stalled Afghan peace talks in Oman
- 17.10.2017Iraq forces seize main govt HQ in Kirkuk: Police source
- 16.10.2017Arshad Al-Salihi: Kirkuk under control of Iraqi army and federal police
- 15.10.2017ISIL linked leader trapped, heavy Philippine fighting
- 15.10.2017Islamic State loses al-Mayadeen in eastern Syria
- 14.10.2017Tomahawks near the DPRK serious challenge to Pyongyang
- 14.10.2017Turkmen militia, Peshmerga clash in northern Iraq
- 14.10.2017‘Closer to the trigger’: North Korea renews promise to bomb Guam if attacked
- 14.10.2017UAE says fully supports new U.S. policy against Iran
- 13.10.2017US president’s anti-Iran speech pile of delusional claims: Rouhani
- 13.10.2017Small Quake Rattles North Korea Nuclear Testing Grounds, Not Manmade: South Korea
- 13.10.2017Turkish military convoy enters Syria's Idlib
- 12.10.2017Iraq refuses talks with Kurds unless they commit to unity
- 12.10.2017Israel starts preparations to withdraw from UNESCO
- 11.10.2017Rouhani: Nuclear deal 'big test' for parties
- 11.10.2017US flies bombers over Korean peninsula with South Korean, Japanese fighter jets
- 11.10.2017UN gearing up for heavy influx of Rohingya Muslim refugees
- 11.10.2017Pyongyang: CIA tried to assassinate Kim Jong-un with biochemical weapon
- 10.10.2017Bangladesh: Top Jamaat-e-Islami leaders arrested
- 08.10.20172 Turkish guards martyred by PKK in Turkey's Diyarbakir
- 08.10.2017Turkey aims to prevent conflict in Syria's Idlib: FM
- 08.10.2017Gunman attacks Saudi security forces at gate of Jeddah royal palace
- 08.10.2017Erbil, Baghdad agree on dialogue, lifting sanctions
- 07.10.2017US addicted to imposing sanctions but Iran is immunized: Zarif
- 07.10.2017Security forces capture 2 PKK terrorists in SE Turkey
- 07.10.2017Deputy PM of Kyrgyzstan dies in car crash
- 06.10.2017Iran open to talks over its ballistic missile program
- 06.10.2017Earthquake with magnitude 6 strikes Iwaki, Japan
- 05.10.2017Erdogan: "Turkey to close borders with Iraqi Kurdistan soon"
- 05.10.2017Iraq Turkmen leader calls for ‘federal model’ in Kirkuk
- 04.10.2017UN asked to help resolve Kashmir dispute
- 04.10.2017Federal Security Service Chief: ISIL may create another worldwide terrorist network
- 04.10.2017Train crushes 3 young men taking selfies on railway track in India
- 04.10.2017Al Nusra leader in critical condition following airstrike, says Russian ministry
- 08.06.2017Iran identifies terrorists involved in Tehran attacks
- 08.06.2017US-led coalition bombs pro-Syrian gov't forces near al-Tanf for 3rd time
- 08.06.2017Qatar vows 'no surrender' in row with Arab states
- 08.06.2017Tehran attacks death toll up to 17
- 08.06.201716 injured in acid attack in Tehran
- 08.06.2017Myanmar military finds bodies from plane crashed in Andaman Sea