Iran identifies terrorists involved in Tehran attacks
Iran’s Intelligence Ministry on Thursday in a statement revealed the identity of five terrorists who were killed during Wednesday terrorist attacks in Tehran.
The statement released the names of terrorists as Abu Jahad, Ghayom, Fereidoun, Saryas and Ramin but to some social and security considerations their family names will not be revealed, APA reported citing IRNA.
These terrorists were affiliated to Wahabi and Takfiri groups who joined Daesh terrorist group overseas and were red handed in the crimes of the terrorist group in Mosul of Iraq and Raqqah in Syria.
These terrorists penetrated into Iran in 2016 under command of Abu Ayeshe who is among Daesh top commanders and were to carry out terrorist operations in Iran's religious cities but after annihilation of the network and killing of their key peoples such as Abu Ayeshe they escaped from the country.
In an apparently coordinated attempt, two terrorist groups attacked mausoleum of the late Imam Khomenini, southern Tehran, and the Iranian Parliament (Majlis) on Wednesday morning killing 17 people and injuring 52 more.
One of the attackers blew up himself outside Imam Khomeini shrine.
The terrorist group of Daesh (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for the fatal attacks in Tehran.
One of the terrorist was gunned down by the security forces and the other one exploded himself at the mausoleum.
Terrorists entered the Parliament building while they had dressed as women, said a security official.
Parliament operation ended by security forces who killed the terrorists.
Related news releases
- 22.02.2018Lavrov: Russia will consider ceasefire in Syria
- 22.02.2018N Korea calls US-Japan missile drills provocation against Intra-Korean Dialogue
- 22.02.2018Over 400 undocumented migrants held across Turkey
- 22.02.2018Ziyad Sabsabi: "There are about 15 children who lost their parents in Iraq"
- 22.02.2018North Korea canceled planned meeting with Pence
- 21.02.2018North Korea cancelled talks with US Vice President
- 21.02.2018Talks between Erbil, Baghdad reach final stages: PM
- 20.02.2018Russian Center for Syrian Reconciliation comes under massive fire
- 20.02.2018Palestine ready to exchange minor territories with Israel - Abbas
- 20.02.2018Turkish President: Syrian forces tried to enter Afrin, retreated after Turkey's shelling
- 20.02.2018YPG/PKK-Daesh terror groups shell Turkey's south Hatay
- 20.02.2018Maldives leader seeks approval to extend state of emergency
- 19.02.2018Three Iranian police killed in clashes with Sufi protesters
- 19.02.2018Islamic State kills 27 Iraqi militiamen near Kirkuk
- 19.02.2018Israel, Egypt sign $15bn natural gas purchase agreement
- 19.02.2018Kurdish region flight ban to be lifted soon: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.2018Daesh doesn’t represent Islam: Iraqi PM
- 18.02.20182 Turkish soldiers martyred, one injured in operations
- 17.02.2018Turkish, Iraqi PMs stress cooperation against terrorism
- 17.02.20184 Israeli troops injured by explosive device near Gaza
- 17.02.2018Turkish PM: 'We have given terrorist organizations the Ottoman slap'
- 16.02.2018PYD/PKK terrorist admits to posing as civilian
- 16.02.20187 Turkish soldiers injured in Operation Olive Branch
- 15.02.2018Indonesia charges Daesh-linked group for deadly bombing
- 15.02.2018Lebanese PM rule out Hezbollah alliance in May election
- 15.02.2018US secretary of state meets with Jordan king in Amman
- 14.02.2018Knesset rejects bill recognizing so-called Armenian Genocide
- 14.02.2018No cases of human infection with H5N6 bird flu reported in Iran – official
- 14.02.2018Over 20 undocumented migrants held in Turkey
- 14.02.2018Turkey's president speaks to Saudi counterpart
- 14.02.2018Taliban confirms senior leader killed by US air strike
- 14.02.2018İraqi Turkmen Front officer attacked in Kirkuk
- 13.02.2018Cyclone wreaks havoc in Tonga's capital, parliament flattened, homes wrecked
- 13.02.2018Russians killed in clash with U.S.-led forces in Syria, say associates
- 12.02.2018Israel's Netanyahu says discussing settlement annexation with U.S.
- 11.02.2018Netanyahu speaks to Russia’s Putin about Iran
- 11.02.2018Putin Urges Netanyahu to Avoid Escalation in Syria
- 10.02.201811 Turkish soldiers killed, 11 injured in Afrin - UPDATED
- 10.02.2018Hundreds protesting in Seoul against N. Korea's participation in Olympic
- 10.02.201815 PYD/PKK, Daesh terrorists neutralized in Afrin
- 08.06.2017US-led coalition bombs pro-Syrian gov't forces near al-Tanf for 3rd time
- 08.06.2017Qatar vows 'no surrender' in row with Arab states
- 08.06.2017Saudi foreign minister holds talks in Oman amid regional dispute
- 08.06.2017Iran declines to confirm Saudi hand in Tehran terror attacks
- 08.06.2017Tehran attacks death toll up to 17
- 08.06.201716 injured in acid attack in Tehran