Iran identifies terrorists involved in Tehran attacks
Iran’s Intelligence Ministry on Thursday in a statement revealed the identity of five terrorists who were killed during Wednesday terrorist attacks in Tehran.
The statement released the names of terrorists as Abu Jahad, Ghayom, Fereidoun, Saryas and Ramin but to some social and security considerations their family names will not be revealed, APA reported citing IRNA.
These terrorists were affiliated to Wahabi and Takfiri groups who joined Daesh terrorist group overseas and were red handed in the crimes of the terrorist group in Mosul of Iraq and Raqqah in Syria.
These terrorists penetrated into Iran in 2016 under command of Abu Ayeshe who is among Daesh top commanders and were to carry out terrorist operations in Iran's religious cities but after annihilation of the network and killing of their key peoples such as Abu Ayeshe they escaped from the country.
In an apparently coordinated attempt, two terrorist groups attacked mausoleum of the late Imam Khomenini, southern Tehran, and the Iranian Parliament (Majlis) on Wednesday morning killing 17 people and injuring 52 more.
One of the attackers blew up himself outside Imam Khomeini shrine.
The terrorist group of Daesh (ISIS) has claimed responsibility for the fatal attacks in Tehran.
One of the terrorist was gunned down by the security forces and the other one exploded himself at the mausoleum.
Terrorists entered the Parliament building while they had dressed as women, said a security official.
Parliament operation ended by security forces who killed the terrorists.
Related news releases
- 26.04.2018Yemen: 8 get death for collaborating with coalition
- 26.04.2018South Korea's Moon to meet North Korea's Kim at border for summit
- 25.04.2018Rouhani: US sets eyes on Arabian black gold reserves, bank accounts
- 24.04.20186 PKK terrorists 'neutralized' in N.Iraq
- 24.04.2018North Korean leader mourns deaths of Chinese tourists
- 24.04.2018Magnitude 5.1 earthquake strikes southeastern Turkey
- 24.04.2018Southern China karaoke lounge fire kills 18 - police
- 24.04.2018Saudi-led air strikes kill at least 20 at Yemen wedding
- 23.04.2018Russian, Chinese FMs call for peace in Syria
- 23.04.20187 killed, 2 injured in SW China road accident
- 22.04.2018Iran 'ready' to resume nuke program if US leaves deal
- 22.04.2018India seeks death penalty for child rapists
- 22.04.2018Saudi police: Riyadh's shooting targeted toy drone - UPDATED
- 22.04.2018Arms seized from militants shown in Syria’s Douma
- 22.04.2018Fears of a coup are sparked in Saudi Arabia after heavy gunfire erupts near the Royal Palace
- 21.04.2018PKK terror attack kills civilian in eastern Turkey
- 21.04.2018Japan’s Abe lauds North Korea move to end nuclear tests
- 21.04.2018Israeli troops kill four Palestinians in border protest
- 21.04.2018North Korea says will stop nuclear tests, scrap test site
- 21.04.2018Twenty killed in air strike in southwest Yemen: residents
- 21.04.2018Tehran warns Israel: Our ‘hands are on the trigger’
- 20.04.201829 Daesh terrorists killed in Iraq by airstrikes
- 20.04.2018Turkish court remands 3 senior FETO members
- 20.04.2018Four Saudi security forces killed by gunmen in southern province
- 19.04.2018U.N. team fired upon in Syria while visiting suspected chemical sites
- 18.04.2018Peace treaty with North Korea possible following denuclearization
- 18.04.2018Iranian helicopter crashes into Persian Gulf
- 17.04.2018Putin, Merkel discuss Syria — Kremlin
- 14.04.2018Rouhani, Assad hold phone conversation
- 14.04.2018Ali Khamenei accuses US, France and Britain of crime
- 14.04.2018Iranian FM: US, British, French aggression on Syria breaches international laws
- 14.04.2018Israel: Strikes in Syria an 'important signal' to Iran, Syria and Hezbollah
- 14.04.2018Syrian air defenses shot down 13 missiles: state TV
- 14.04.2018Israel says Iranian drone it shot down in February was carrying explosives
- 13.04.2018Russia claims chemical attack in Syria was 'staged and directed by UK'
- 12.04.2018Turkish army neutralizes 3 PKK/PYD-YPG terrorists
- 12.04.2018At least 16 killed by bombing to the north of Baghdad
- 12.04.2018Russian MFA: Israeli air force’s missile strikes on Syria coincident with intensified activities of ISIS
- 12.04.2018Erdogan: Supporters of murderous Assad and PYD are mistaken
- 12.04.2018Israel warns Iran not to test its determination
- 08.06.2017US-led coalition bombs pro-Syrian gov't forces near al-Tanf for 3rd time
- 08.06.2017Qatar vows 'no surrender' in row with Arab states
- 08.06.2017Saudi foreign minister holds talks in Oman amid regional dispute
- 08.06.2017Iran declines to confirm Saudi hand in Tehran terror attacks
- 08.06.2017Tehran attacks death toll up to 17
- 08.06.201716 injured in acid attack in Tehran