Iranians hold nationwide rallies to condemn US breach of contract
Iranians have taken to the streets across the country to vent their anger at the US over its withdrawal from a 2015 nuclear deal and President Donald Trump's incendiary rhetoric against Tehran, APA reports citing Press TV.
Protesters in Tehran and other cities on Friday carried placards which read, "Mr Trump, you are talking nonsense," echoing Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei's remarks on Wednesday.
They also chanted "Death to America", "Death to Israel" and "We fight, we die, but we do not accept any compromise."
The show of unity came following Trump’s pullout from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action on Tuesday, and his announcement that the US would reimpose nuclear sanctions on the Islamic Republic.
Only hours after Trump made the announcement, Iranian students and lawmakers took to the iconic Azadi Square in the capital Tehran, setting fire to US flags and shouting anti-US slogans.
Iranian lawmakers also set the Stars and Stripes ablaze inside the parliament and burnt symbolic copies of the nuclear agreement.
Related news releases
- 20.05.2018South Korea's LG Group chairman dies at 73
- 20.05.2018Mushrooms Poison Hundreds in Iran
- 19.05.2018China to increase purchase of US goods to support employment in US - White House - UPDATED
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan cricket match kill eight spectators
- 19.05.2018Blasts at Afghan sports stadium kill as many as eight-officials
- 19.05.2018Two North Koreans including a soldier defect to South Korea
- 18.05.2018Iran calls on Muslims to revise trade ties with U.S. after Jerusalem move
- 18.05.2018Saudi Arabia, UAE, Russia to discuss oil supplies following US withdrawal from JCPOA
- 18.05.2018Russia, Syria can start work to rebuild Syrian economy, says Putin
- 17.05.20185 suspected bombers killed in southwest Pakistan
- 16.05.2018Israel summons Turkey's charge d'affaires
- 16.05.2018Israel says Hamas curbed Gaza protests after Egyptian warning
- 16.05.2018Turkish parliament speaker: Gulf states should influence Trump in Palestinian issue
- 16.05.2018DPRK says not interested in negotiations that require only denuclearization - UPDATED
- 16.05.2018Seven dead, 30 feared trapped after part of flyover collapses in Indian city
- 16.05.2018Seoul regrets Pyongyang's decision to suspend high level inter-Korean talks
- 15.05.2018Iran wants guarantees from EU that JCPOA would be beneficial for It - Zarif
- 15.05.2018Israel asks Turkish envoy in Palestine to leave country
- 15.05.2018N Korea suspends talks with South over their joint drills with US
- 15.05.2018Palestinian leader Abbas hospitalized for surgery
- 15.05.2018Palestinian Death Toll in Gaza Rises to 59 - UPDATED
- 15.05.2018Fiery cleric Sadr taps anger over Iran to lead Iraq poll
- 15.05.2018Hezbollah says rocket attack on Israeli-occupied Golan marks 'new phase'
- 15.05.2018Netanyahu calls Israeli actions in Gaza self-defense against Hamas
- 14.05.2018Kuwait seeks UN Securtity Council meeting over Gaza
- 14.05.2018Oil gains on OPEC report; U.S. crude discount to Brent deepens
- 14.05.2018At least 52 Palestinians killed by Israeli army at Gaza border - UPDATED-4
- 14.05.2018U.S. embassy opens in Jerusalem
- 13.05.2018Daesh-inspired group carried out deadly suicide attacks in Indonesia
- 13.05.2018Serial explosions occur in Indonesia, at least two killed, over a dozen injured
- 12.05.2018North Korea details plans to dismantle nuclear test site
- 12.05.2018North Korea announces nuclear test site dismantling ceremony for May
- 12.05.2018Explosion damages vessel carrying wheat to Yemen
- 10.05.2018Iran won't discuss any provision of current nuclear deal - UPDATED
- 10.05.2018Assad: Russia will not allow third world war in Syria
- 10.05.2018Terrorist inmates at Indonesian prison free officer
- 10.05.2018Israel says hit dozens of Iranian targets in Syria
- 10.05.2018Singapore likely summit venue after North Korea releases prisoners: U.S. official
- 10.05.2018China's won't change stance on trade talks with U.S.: China commerce ministry
- 10.05.2018Syrian state media: Israeli missiles hit Syrian air defenses, radar - UPDATED
- 11.05.2018Israeli soldier wounded in car-ramming attack in West Bank
- 12.05.2018Israeli gunfire kills Palestinian as border protest builds to climax
- 12.05.2018Israel to Assad: Get rid of your Iranian allies, they will harm you
- 11.05.20187 people, including 4 children, found dead at home in southwestern Australia
- 11.05.2018Russia, Iran vow to adhere to nuclear deal
- 11.05.2018Iran does not want new tensions in the region — president