North Korea regrets US stance at talks
North Korea expressed regret over a US stance at the talks between the two countries, North Korea’s Foreign Ministry said on Saturday, APA reports quoting TASS.
"[The stance] is a matter of deep regret," North Korea’s news agency KCNA said citing the foreign ministry.
North Korea is reported to have called for more exchanges between the two states and for an announcement of the end of war on the Korean Peninsula, whereas the United States was unilaterally insisting on complete denuclearization at the talks with Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in Pyongyang.
"This stance triggers a dangerous situation when [North Korea’s resolve for denuclearization] must shutter," the North Korean Foreign Ministry emphasized.
"The shortest way [to denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula] are gradual steps based on joint actions," the statement said.
Earlier on Saturday, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo wrapped up his two-day visit to Pyongyang, where he had held talks with Kim Yong Chol, the director of the United Front Department of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK). After the talks, Pompeo said, "Some places [there was] a great deal of progress".
Related news releases
- 15.07.2018Indonesian police shoot dead three suspected militants
- 15.07.2018Rouhani: "The US ‘more isolated than ever’ over Iran sanctions"
- 14.07.2018At least 10 killed by landslide in northern Myanmar
- 14.07.2018Velayati: Russia wants to create joint electrical grid with Iran, Azerbaijan
- 14.07.2018China floods wreak havoc, block roads and railways
- 14.07.2018Palestinian teenager killed in Israel-Gaza border protests
- 13.07.2018Suicide bomber kills 128 in attack on Pakistani election rally
- 13.07.2018Former Pakistani premier Sharif arrested in Lahore
- 13.07.2018Indian planes carrying more than 300 people avoid mid-air collision by 200 feet
- 12.07.2018FBI Presents New Details on Lead Up to Saddam Hussein's Interrogation
- 12.07.2018Kim Jong-un: "Extraordinary efforts' made by Trump for improving US-N Korea ties
- 11.07.2018Iran Supreme Leader's aide hails 'strategic' ties with Russia before Putin talks
- 11.07.201812 killed in election rally in NW Pakistan
- 10.07.2018Death toll in Japan flood disaster rises to 156
- 10.07.2018Last remaining kid, coach evacuated from Thai cave - media
- 07.07.2018Both sides seek to 'clarify' as Pompeo holds second day of North Korea talks
- 07.07.2018No breakthrough in nuclear talks as Iran demands more after U.S. exit
- 07.07.2018Israeli air strike hits Syria at Golan frontier
- 07.07.2018Palestinian killed as Gaza protests against Israel enter fourth month
- 07.07.2018Second Saudi teen kills self after playing online game
- 06.07.2018Iranian leader describes EU proposals to save JCPOA as ‘disappointing’
- 05.07.2018German Coalition parties reach deal on Migration
- 05.07.2018Iranian FM summons German, French, Belgian diplomats
- 05.07.2018Pakistani court sends fake degree mill owner to jail
- 04.07.2018Iraq urges world countries to repatriate Islamic State children
- 04.07.20184.3-magnitude earthquake hits southern Iran
- 02.07.2018Thai rescue teams find 13 missing in cave alive
- 02.07.20184 PKK terrorists neutralized in SE Turkey
- 01.07.2018Three settlements in Syria’s southwest de-escalation zone join ceasefire
- 01.07.2018Explosive device detonates near school in Syrian city of Al Hasakah
- 30.06.2018Iran still awaits for EU proposals on preserving nuclear deal - Tehran
- 30.06.2018Turkish army 'neutralizes' 2 PKK terrorists
- 30.06.2018'Enemy Seeking Discord in Iran,' Khamenei Warns
- 30.06.2018Islamist militants attack African military base in Mali, at least six dead
- 30.06.2018Israeli forces kill two Palestinians in Gaza border protests: Gaza medics
- 30.06.2018Jordan source reports south Syria truce; State Department cannot confirm
- 29.06.20183 militants, 1 civilian killed in Kashmir gunbattle
- 29.06.2018Turkey neutralizes 6 PKK terrorists in northern Iraq
- 28.06.2018Over 140 undocumented migrants held in western Turkey
- 28.06.2018Iran reopens uranium feedstock plant in preparation to boost enrichment
- 08.07.2018Japan floods and heavy rain leave at least 41 dead, dozens missing - UPDATED
- 09.07.2018Death toll rises to 126 in W. Japan after flood, rain
- 10.07.2018At least 140 dead after heavy rain and landslides in Japan
- 07.07.2018Iran calls for EU help as shipping giant pulls out for fear of U.S. sanctions
- 07.07.2018Insider attack in S. Afghanistan kills 1 US serviceman, injures 2 others - NATO - UPDATED
- 07.07.2018Indian army kills 3 civilians in southern Kashmir