North Korea threatens ‘merciless retaliation’ to Trump’s remarks’
Pyongyang responded to US President Donald Trump’s latest salvo in their war of words by calling the American leader’s remarks during his trip to Asia “foolish”, APA reports quoting sputniknews
Speaking to US service members at Yakota Air Base, Japan, Trump said "no one, no dictator, no regime and no nation should underestimate, ever, American resolve… every once in a while in the past they underestimated us. It was not pleasant for them. Was it? It was not pleasant. We will never yield."
After speaking at the air base, Trump met with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, shaking hands at the Kasumigaseki Country Club where the duo played a round of golf.
During a speech in Tokyo, Trump reiterated a call made by Vice President Mike Pence earlier in 2017, that the "era of strategic patience is over."
"We are working to counter the dangerous aggressions of the [North Korean] regime," he said. "The regime continues development of its unlawful weapons programs, including its illegal nuclear tests and outrageous launches of ballistic missiles directly over Japanese territory, [which] are a threat to the civilized world and international peace and stability."
"We will not stand for that: the era of strategic patience is over," Trump remarked.
Related news releases
- 18.03.2018Iran security service arrest close ally of ex-president Ahmadinejad
- 17.03.2018Turkish troops reunite in Afrin's north
- 17.03.2018China's parliament re-elects Xi Jinping as president
- 16.03.2018Iran won’t renegotiate 2015 nuke deal: Deputy FM
- 16.03.2018U.S. military helicopter crashes in Iraq with seven aboard
- 14.03.2018Explosion kills 9 in northeast Pakistan
- 14.03.2018Deputy of ex-Iranian president remanded in custody
- 14.03.2018Two civilians killed in Damascus in shelling by militants
- 13.03.2018Iranian official blames UK for London embassy incident
- 13.03.2018Israeli PM Netanyahu urges feuding coalition to remain intact
- 12.03.2018At least 50 dead as Bangladeshi passenger plane crashes at Kathmandu airport - UPDATED-2
- 11.03.2018Military vehicle crash in Turkey martyrs one soldier
- 11.03.2018So-called leaders of YPG/PKK 'fleeing' Afrin
- 10.03.2018Iran expresses protest to UK over incident with embassy in London – FM
- 10.03.20188 terrorists 'neutralized' this week in Turkey, N Iraq
- 10.03.2018North Korean state media quiet on Kim Jong Un's overtures to Trump
- 09.03.2018Iranian farmers stage protest in drought-hit Isfahan
- 08.03.2018Israel will always control Jordan Valley: Netanyahu
- 08.03.2018Military storage unit in Iran explodes
- 08.03.2018Israel's El Al seeks U.N. help in bid to fly through Saudi airspace
- 07.03.2018Suicide bomber kills Muslim official in Afghan city
- 07.03.2018Ex-Iran leader warns of mounting public 'disaffection'
- 07.03.2018Terrorists force Afrin residents to dig ditches
- 07.03.20181 killed in car bomb blast in Syria's Al-Bab
- 06.03.2018Russian transport plane crashes in Syria
- 06.03.2018Wedding party truck plunges off a bridge in India, killing 25
- 06.03.2018Koreas reach 'satisfactory' agreement
- 06.03.2018Iran: We can resume enriching weapons-grade uranium in 'less than 48 hours'
- 05.03.2018'More than 40 militants' killed in Afghanistan
- 05.03.2018Papua New Guinea quake kills 80 people
- 04.03.2018N. Korea warns U.S. not to misjudge intention for talks
- 03.03.2018Saudi Arabia holds first-ever marathon for women
- 03.03.2018Turkish female troops provide backup in Afrin operation
- 03.03.2018North Korea threatens to 'counter' U.S. over military drills
- 03.03.2018Three Australians die, more sick in listeria outbreak tied to melons
- 02.03.2018Saudi Arabia lifts 35-year-long ban on cinemas
- 02.03.2018South Korea plans to send envoy to North Korea soon
- 02.03.20188 Turkish soldiers martyred, 13 wounded in Afrin
- 02.03.2018Iran detains 35 women for going to football match
- 02.03.2018IED blast kills 2 in Afghanistan
- 07.11.2017Saudi-led forces close air, sea and land access to Yemen
- 07.11.2017Philippines: Nine more militants killed in Marawi
- 07.11.2017Casualties feared as TV station in Afghan capital comes under attack
- 06.11.2017Pakistani diplomatic official killed in Afghanistan
- 05.11.2017Trump arrives in Japan, first in five-country Asian tour
- 05.11.2017Dozens killed, injured in Syria refugee camp blast - SANA