Turkish court remands 34 FETO suspects in custody
A total of 34 suspects were remanded in custody on Tuesday as part of an investigation into publishing company Kaynak Holding, which was reportedly linked to the Fetullah Terrorist Organization (FETO) before it was seized in the wake of the coup attempt, APA reports quoting Anadolu.
Last week, 39 suspects had been arrested as part of the investigation carried out by the Istanbul chief public prosecutor's office.
An Istanbul criminal court remanded in custody 34 of 39 suspects over charges of “being a member of terror organization” and “financing a terror organization”.
The other five suspects were released under judicial control.
According to the Turkish government, FETO and its U.S.-based leader Fetullah Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup of July 15, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.
Ankara also accuses FETO of being behind a long-running campaign to overthrow the state through the infiltration of Turkish institutions, particularly the military, police and judiciary.
Related news releases
- 28.06.2017Protests held across India after attacks against Muslims leftright 3/3leftright
- 28.06.2017Iranian official: US’s search of adventure in Syria resembles game with fire
- 28.06.2017Qatar: Demands to end blockade ‘unproven claims’
- 28.06.2017Saudi, Qatar ministers spar over Arab nations' demands
- 28.06.20173 soldiers martyred in SE Turkey PKK attack
- 28.06.2017H-Bomb could be next addition to North Korean nuke arsenal
- 27.06.2017Iranian Lawmaker: Washington’s Iran, Russia sanctions contradict US commitments
- 27.06.2017No decisive winner in Mongolia presidential vote forces second round
- 27.06.2017U.S. says it appears Syria planning another chemical weapons attack
- 27.06.2017Saudi demands from Qatar 'very provocative': Germany
- 26.06.2017Mosul battle to end in days as troops advance in Old City: Iraqi general
- 25.06.2017Iraqi forces free hundreds of civilians in Mosul Old City battles as death toll mounts
- 24.06.2017Iran arrests Islamic State-linked group planning attack
- 24.06.2017Bomber planning to attack Mecca's Grand Mosque blows himself up
- 24.06.2017Saudi Security Forces foil attack on Mecca's grand mosque
- 24.06.2017Arab states issue ultimatum to Qatar: close Jazeera, curb ties with Iran
- 24.06.2017Separate blasts kill 40 in Pakistan: police
- 23.06.2017Iraqi forces battle toward heart of Mosul's Old City
- 23.06.2017Arab nations demand Qatar close Al-Jazeera, cut diplomatic ties to Iran, shutter Turkish base
- 23.06.2017North Korea Conducts Rocket Engine Test
- 23.06.20176 PKK terrorists surrender in SE Turkey
- 22.06.2017Dozens killed in Afghanistan as car bomb hits bank branch
- 22.06.2017Iran's Khamenei ordered missile strikes on Islamic State targets in Syria: Guards
- 22.06.2017Cuban FM: Trump's statements on Cuba do not conflict earlier agreements
- 22.06.2017China to launch four important satellites by 2020
- 22.06.2017First aid ship from Turkey setting sail for Qatar
- 21.06.2017Saudi king deposes crown prince, names son as successor
- 21.06.2017Air strikes pound southwest Syrian city of Deraa
- 20.06.201726 injured in Chinese plane crash
- 20.06.20173 Iran Revolutionary Guards detained in Saudi Arabia
- 20.06.2017Militant leader reportedly killed on Iran-Pakistan border
- 20.06.2017Four foreign inmates break out of Bali jail using tunnel
- 19.06.2017U.S., Russia, Iran draw new red lines in Syria
- 18.06.2017500 Turkish soldiers hospitalized in western Turkey
- 18.06.201717 PKK terrorists killed in N. Iraq, SE Turkey
- 18.06.2017Saudi guards fire on Iranian boat, killing fisherman
- 17.06.2017Russian warplanes kill 2 top IS commanders: defense ministry
- 17.06.2017Syrian army declares 48-hour cease-fire in Daraa city
- 17.06.2017Vanuatu president dies after sudden heart attack
- 17.06.2017At least three injured, seven missing after U.S. Navy destroyer collides with merchant vessel off Japan
- 14.06.2017Saudi soldier killed in landmine blast
- 14.06.2017100,000 evacuated as typhoon merbok hits South China
- 15.06.2017One wounded in missile attack on UAE ship off Yemen coast
- 13.06.2017Oil prices edge up as Saudis limit exports to Asia, U.S.
- 13.06.2017Turkish military team in Qatar for troop deployment
- 13.06.2017U.S.-backed Syrian fighters reach old city walls in Islamic State-held Raqqa