2 injured as unknown man opened fire near Red Square in Moscow
The unknown person opened fire at Nikolskaya street 300 meters from the Red Square, two people were injured, the police are looking for an attacker, the press service of the Moscow Department of the Interior, APA reports.
About 22.32 there was a report on the conflict at the address: 15, Nikolskaya Street, building 1. According to preliminary data, a conflict occurred between the citizens, during which an unknown person, allegedly from an unidentified firearm, injured two citizens, fled from his place, "the officer on duty said.
On-site investigative-operative group is working, the victims are directed to the hospital.
The suspect in the shooting is wanted.
A source in law enforcement agencies specified RIA Novosti specified that there is a bar at the address. "It is possible that the conflict started under the influence of alcohol, this information will be checked," the source said.
Related news releases
- 20.05.2018Pentagon says Moscow 'not doing enough' to fight terrorism within borders
- 20.05.2018All militants who attacked church in Grozny identified, says Chechnya’s head
- 18.05.2018Putin approves new cabinet
- 17.05.2018Putin Met With Assad in Sochi - Kremlin Spokesman
- 17.05.2018Putin: Defense Ministry allocates $24 billion for state defense order 2018
- 16.05.2018Protesters storm mayor’s building in Yerevan
- 16.05.2018Russian embassy warns of attempts to embroil other states in Skripal case
- 15.05.2018Start your engines: Putin driving truck, opens newly-built Crimean Bridge
- 15.05.2018Moscow says U.S. putting serious pressure on Iran nuclear deal participants
- 15.05.2018Moscow does not rule out Iran’s pullout from nuclear deal — diplomat
- 15.05.2018State Duma approves criminal liability for aiding West’s anti-Russia sanctions
- 14.05.2018Books on “Armenian genocide” by American and Turkish historians published in Moscow
- 12.05.2018Armenian president appoints new FM
- 10.05.2018Armenia police chief, director of National Security Service dismissed
- 09.05.2018Russia slams US decision to withdraw from Iran deal
- 08.05.2018Armenia’s first deputy defense minister resigns
- 08.05.2018Russian Interior Ministry warns Armenian and Azerbaijani diaspora over upcoming Immortal Regiment march
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan elected Armenia's prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin asks State Duma to appoint Medvedev Russia’s prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin takes office for second six-year term as Russia’s president
- 05.05.2018Russian journalist: "Armenia historically is an encumbrance for Russia"
- 05.05.2018Police seize Navalny at Putin protest
- 04.05.2018Terrorist acts plotted in Russia were coordinated from abroad – FSB
- 03.05.2018One person killed, one wounded in attack on HSBC bank in Armenia
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani woman appointed as Tatarstan’s minister of culture
- 03.05.2018Ukraine suspends participation in CIS coordination councils
- 02.05.2018Armenia’s ruling party to vote for candidate supported by one third of MPs
- 02.05.2018Opposition blocks highways linking Armenia with Georgia, Iran
- 02.05.2018Armenia's parliament to hold fresh vote for PM on May 8
- 02.05.2018Civil resistance in Armenia expands
- 02.05.2018Armenia protest leader: "We will not give up"
- 02.05.2018Protestors block many streets, including road to international airport in Yerevan
- 02.05.2018Pashinyan will once again be nominated to become Armenian prime minister
- 01.05.2018Armenian Opposition Leader Pashinyan: Protesters Will Block Streets, Airport, Everything
- 01.05.2018Armenian Parliament fails to elect PM - UPDATED
- 01.05.2018Armenia's ruling party not to support Pashinyan's PM candidacy
- 01.05.2018Russia to remain Armenia’s strategic ally, Pashinyan says
- 30.04.2018Armenian opposition leader Pashinyan officially nominated for PM
- 29.04.2018Gagik Tsarukyan to support candidate Nikol Pashinyan
- 28.04.2018Armenia's ruling party withdraws prime minister candidate
- 03.01.2018Russian military helicopter crashes in Syria, killing two
- 04.01.2018Hrymchak claims gas pipeline from Ukraine to Europe planned to be blown up in 2014-2015
- 08.01.2018Details emerge of Chechen rebel commander Khattab’s death
- 30.12.2017Suspect in St Petersburg blast has psychiatric record - source
- 30.12.2017St Petersburg supermarket blast suspect detained - FSB
- 30.12.2017Russia, Uzbekistan sign nuclear energy deal