Moscow "House of Books" allows presentation of American historian's book about the "Armenian Genocide" after APA's news
The Moscow "House of Books" allowed the presentation of the book of American historian Edward J. Erickson titled “Ottomans and Armenians: A Study in Counterinsurgency," after the news published on APA under the headline "Presentation in Moscow of book on “Armenian genocide” by American historian cancelled at last minute", the Publishing House of ROSSPEN reported to the Moscow correspondent of APA.
After the publication, the management of the "House of Books" contacted representatives of ROSSPEN and it was decided to hold the presentation on the condition of participation of the opposite party at the presentation. ROSSPEN agreed with the condition of the "House of Books". Thus, a presentation of the book of the American historian Edward J. Erikson “Ottomans and Armenians: A Study in Counterinsurgency” will take place tomorrow in the Moscow "House of Books" .
The presentation of the book, titled “Ottomans and Armenians: A Study in Counterinsurgency”, by American historian Edward J. Erickson, which was scheduled to take place in the Moscow House of Books, was cancelled at the last minute without a stated reason.
APA’s Moscow correspondent found out that the presentation of the book on the so-called “Armenian genocide” was called off as a result of the local Armenian diaspora exerting pressure on the management of the Moscow House of Books. A month ago, the book house’s website published information that the presentation was to take place on May 31 with the participation of the author. Three days prior to the event, however, the information was removed from the website.
The book was published within the framework of the project jointly implemented with the ROSSPEN Publishing House with the aim of conducting an objective investigation of the events of 1915 in the Ottoman Empire. A book entitled “The Armenian Rebellion at Van”, which was written by American historian Justin McCarthy and Turkish historians Esat Arslan, Cemalettin Taskiran and Omer Turan, was also published within this project.
Given the politicization by Armenia of the events of 1915 in the Ottoman Empire, the ROSSPEN Publishing House invited American historian Edward J. Erickson to Moscow. The publishing house told APA that an agreement was signed with the Moscow House of Books for the presentation of the book a few months ago.
“Before giving consent to the presentation, the Moscow House of Books took a book entitled “Ottomans and Armenians: A Study in Counterinsurgency” for investigation. Then they gave consent to the presentation. We invited the author from the United States. Edward J. Erickson is already in Moscow. Three days before the presentation, we were orally informed about its cancellation without giving any reasons. Now, we are waiting for a written explanation about the reasons of the cancellation of the presentation,” the publishing house said.
American military historian E. J. Erickson studied the Ottoman Empire’s struggle against rebels in the end of the XIX century - beginning of the XX century on the principles of comparative analysis.
- 21.06.2018Armenian military officer caught red-handed for embezzlement of technical supplies
- 21.06.2018Russia’s cooperation with UN to be in focus of Lavrov’s talks with UN Secretary General
- 21.06.2018Russian interior minister arrives in New York to attend UN Chiefs of Police Summit
- 16.06.2018Taxi rams into people in Moscow, at least 8 injured - UPDATED
- 14.06.2018Putin introduced Armenian PM to the President of Azerbaijan
- 13.06.2018Anton Vaino appointed head of Kremlin administration
- 12.06.2018Russian foreign minister praises Trump-Kim meeting
- 12.06.2018Ukraine, Russia fail to agree on UN peacekeeping mission
- 07.06.2018Gazprom appeals against assets seizure in Swiss Court
- 07.06.2018Russia-Armenia trade turnover up by 30 percent last year – Lavrov
- 07.06.2018Russian, Armenian FMs meet in Moscow
- 06.06.2018Russian defense minister: Terror is the main threat to CIS countries
- 06.06.2018Putin expects sanctions on Russia to be removed with time, relations with US to improve
- 05.06.2018Russia not trying to split EU, Putin says before rare visit to Western Europe
- 29.05.2018Lavrov notes US not interested in cooperating with Russia on cybersecurity
- 29.05.2018Armenian serviceman dies in road accident
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 25.05.2018Armenian president visits Georgia
- 25.05.2018Cancellation of US-North Korea summit is ‘testing humanity’s nerve’ — Russian senator
- 25.05.2018Second Syrian National Dialogue Congress planned to be held in Sochi next month
- 25.05.2018Man taking hostages in Moscow apartment detained
- 24.05.2018Man takes three hostages in Moscow - Interior Ministry
- 24.05.2018Russian Defense Ministry general detained
- 24.05.2018Man commits suicide after killing five in Russia
- 24.05.2018Armenia army chief to be dismissed
- 20.05.2018Pentagon says Moscow 'not doing enough' to fight terrorism within borders
- 20.05.2018All militants who attacked church in Grozny identified, says Chechnya’s head
- 18.05.2018Putin approves new cabinet
- 17.05.2018Putin Met With Assad in Sochi - Kremlin Spokesman
- 17.05.2018Putin: Defense Ministry allocates $24 billion for state defense order 2018
- 16.05.2018Protesters storm mayor’s building in Yerevan
- 16.05.2018Russian embassy warns of attempts to embroil other states in Skripal case
- 15.05.2018Start your engines: Putin driving truck, opens newly-built Crimean Bridge
- 15.05.2018Moscow says U.S. putting serious pressure on Iran nuclear deal participants
- 15.05.2018Moscow does not rule out Iran’s pullout from nuclear deal — diplomat
- 15.05.2018State Duma approves criminal liability for aiding West’s anti-Russia sanctions
- 14.05.2018Books on “Armenian genocide” by American and Turkish historians published in Moscow
- 12.05.2018Armenian president appoints new FM
- 10.05.2018Armenia police chief, director of National Security Service dismissed
- 31.05.2018Russia to cut excise duties on diesel fuel, gasoline starting from June 1
- 01.06.2018NPP reactor will be closed for repair In Armenia
- 03.06.2018Counterterrorism operation regime introduced in Dagestan
- 30.05.2018Russia slams Ukraine's staging reporter's murder as `anti-Russian provocation'
- 30.05.2018Russian journalist believed to be dead turns up alive at news conference
- 29.05.2018Putin appoints Russia’s new ambassador to Azerbaijan