Pashinyan: We are not going to hold closed-door talks
Nikol Pashinyan is not going to hold any talks behind closed doors, the politician himself said during the rally at Republic Square on Thursday, APA reports quoting news.am.
Speaking about the failed meeting with acting PM Karen Karapetyan, Pashinyan said he was told by some Republican Party of Armenia (RPA) members that Karapetyan is not representing them. However, RPA held a meeting on Wednesday and authorized Karapetyan to represent the party during talks.
“We take note of this decision and we are ready to continue the talks around the agenda that we have proposed. I am inviting Karen Karapetyan to Marriott Hotel at 12 tomorrow to start the second phase of negotiations,” he said.
However, Pashinyan said the meeting has to take place at the presence of reporters.
“We will not hold closed-door talks with the Republicans. We will negotiate in front of people. People are our leader, our boss, and we have to give account of every move ,” he emphasized.
The opposition leader called to open all roads, adding any action that is not agreed with him is a provocation.
Related news releases
- 26.05.2018Putin: Turkey has right to choose its military aircraft
- 25.05.2018Plenary meeting held in Petersburg forum with participation of Russian, French and Japan leaders
- 25.05.2018Armenian president visits Georgia
- 25.05.2018Cancellation of US-North Korea summit is ‘testing humanity’s nerve’ — Russian senator
- 25.05.2018Second Syrian National Dialogue Congress planned to be held in Sochi next month
- 25.05.2018Man taking hostages in Moscow apartment detained
- 24.05.2018Man takes three hostages in Moscow - Interior Ministry
- 24.05.2018Russian Defense Ministry general detained
- 24.05.2018Man commits suicide after killing five in Russia
- 24.05.2018Armenia army chief to be dismissed
- 20.05.2018Pentagon says Moscow 'not doing enough' to fight terrorism within borders
- 20.05.2018All militants who attacked church in Grozny identified, says Chechnya’s head
- 18.05.2018Putin approves new cabinet
- 17.05.2018Putin Met With Assad in Sochi - Kremlin Spokesman
- 17.05.2018Putin: Defense Ministry allocates $24 billion for state defense order 2018
- 16.05.2018Protesters storm mayor’s building in Yerevan
- 16.05.2018Russian embassy warns of attempts to embroil other states in Skripal case
- 15.05.2018Start your engines: Putin driving truck, opens newly-built Crimean Bridge
- 15.05.2018Moscow says U.S. putting serious pressure on Iran nuclear deal participants
- 15.05.2018Moscow does not rule out Iran’s pullout from nuclear deal — diplomat
- 15.05.2018State Duma approves criminal liability for aiding West’s anti-Russia sanctions
- 14.05.2018Books on “Armenian genocide” by American and Turkish historians published in Moscow
- 12.05.2018Armenian president appoints new FM
- 10.05.2018Armenia police chief, director of National Security Service dismissed
- 09.05.2018Russia slams US decision to withdraw from Iran deal
- 08.05.2018Armenia’s first deputy defense minister resigns
- 08.05.2018Russian Interior Ministry warns Armenian and Azerbaijani diaspora over upcoming Immortal Regiment march
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan elected Armenia's prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin asks State Duma to appoint Medvedev Russia’s prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin takes office for second six-year term as Russia’s president
- 05.05.2018Russian journalist: "Armenia historically is an encumbrance for Russia"
- 05.05.2018Police seize Navalny at Putin protest
- 04.05.2018Terrorist acts plotted in Russia were coordinated from abroad – FSB
- 03.05.2018One person killed, one wounded in attack on HSBC bank in Armenia
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani woman appointed as Tatarstan’s minister of culture
- 03.05.2018Ukraine suspends participation in CIS coordination councils
- 02.05.2018Armenia’s ruling party to vote for candidate supported by one third of MPs
- 02.05.2018Opposition blocks highways linking Armenia with Georgia, Iran
- 02.05.2018Armenia's parliament to hold fresh vote for PM on May 8
- 02.05.2018Civil resistance in Armenia expands
- 27.04.2018Russia's FSB detains four members of Daesh 'sleeper cell' from Syria
- 28.04.2018Top diplomat hails Russian-Turkish cooperation
- 28.04.2018Armenia's ruling party withdraws prime minister candidate
- 26.04.2018Russian President and Armenia’s Acting PM hold phone call
- 26.04.2018Armenia ARF ministers, provincial governors resign
- 26.04.2018Armenia parliament to discuss election of new PM in early May