Putin: Defense Ministry allocates $24 billion for state defense order 2018
The Russian Defense Ministry has disbursed 1.5 trillion rubles ($24 billion) for the state defense order this year, president Vladimir Putin said in his opening remarks at another meeting with the top officials of the Defense Ministry and defense industrial complex enterprises on Thursday, APA reports quoting TASS.
"In 2018 the Defense Ministry allocated nearly 1.5 trillion rubles for the state defense order. This is a very impressive sum. The resources must be used in the most rational way. Most of the contracts have been concluded," he said.
Under these contracts Russia’s armed forces would obtain 160 aircraft, 10 surface ships and 14 space systems. The general purpose forces will acquire 500 missile and artillery systems installed on tanks and other armored vehicles.
As before, the most serious attention will be paid to the aerospace forces. In particular, this concerns aircraft and air defense systems and navigation and intelligence equipment.
"Aviation units are to receive new tactical planes Sukhoi-34, Sukhoi-35S and Sukhoi-30S and also helicopter gunships Mi-28, Mi-35M and Ka-52," Putin said. "Air defense forces will continue to be armed with the newest systems S-400 and Pantsir-S."
Related news releases
- 20.05.2018Pentagon says Moscow 'not doing enough' to fight terrorism within borders
- 15.05.2018Moscow says U.S. putting serious pressure on Iran nuclear deal participants
- 15.05.2018Moscow does not rule out Iran’s pullout from nuclear deal — diplomat
- 15.05.2018State Duma approves criminal liability for aiding West’s anti-Russia sanctions
- 14.05.2018Books on “Armenian genocide” by American and Turkish historians published in Moscow
- 12.05.2018Armenian president appoints new FM
- 10.05.2018Armenia police chief, director of National Security Service dismissed
- 09.05.2018Russia slams US decision to withdraw from Iran deal
- 08.05.2018Armenia’s first deputy defense minister resigns
- 08.05.2018Russian Interior Ministry warns Armenian and Azerbaijani diaspora over upcoming Immortal Regiment march
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan elected Armenia's prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin asks State Duma to appoint Medvedev Russia’s prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin takes office for second six-year term as Russia’s president
- 05.05.2018Russian journalist: "Armenia historically is an encumbrance for Russia"
- 05.05.2018Police seize Navalny at Putin protest
- 04.05.2018Terrorist acts plotted in Russia were coordinated from abroad – FSB
- 03.05.2018One person killed, one wounded in attack on HSBC bank in Armenia
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani woman appointed as Tatarstan’s minister of culture
- 03.05.2018Ukraine suspends participation in CIS coordination councils
- 02.05.2018Armenia’s ruling party to vote for candidate supported by one third of MPs
- 02.05.2018Opposition blocks highways linking Armenia with Georgia, Iran
- 02.05.2018Armenia's parliament to hold fresh vote for PM on May 8
- 02.05.2018Civil resistance in Armenia expands
- 02.05.2018Armenia protest leader: "We will not give up"
- 02.05.2018Protestors block many streets, including road to international airport in Yerevan
- 02.05.2018Pashinyan will once again be nominated to become Armenian prime minister
- 01.05.2018Armenian Opposition Leader Pashinyan: Protesters Will Block Streets, Airport, Everything
- 01.05.2018Armenian Parliament fails to elect PM - UPDATED
- 01.05.2018Armenia's ruling party not to support Pashinyan's PM candidacy
- 01.05.2018Russia to remain Armenia’s strategic ally, Pashinyan says
- 30.04.2018Armenian opposition leader Pashinyan officially nominated for PM
- 29.04.2018Gagik Tsarukyan to support candidate Nikol Pashinyan
- 28.04.2018Armenia's ruling party withdraws prime minister candidate
- 28.04.2018Top diplomat hails Russian-Turkish cooperation
- 27.04.2018Russia's FSB detains four members of Daesh 'sleeper cell' from Syria
- 26.04.2018Pashinyan: We are not going to hold closed-door talks
- 26.04.2018Russian President and Armenia’s Acting PM hold phone call
- 26.04.2018Armenia ARF ministers, provincial governors resign
- 26.04.2018Armenia parliament to discuss election of new PM in early May
- 26.04.2018Serzh Sargsyan resigns as chairman of Armenia’s ruling party
- 17.05.2018Putin Met With Assad in Sochi - Kremlin Spokesman
- 18.05.2018Putin approves new cabinet
- 20.05.2018All militants who attacked church in Grozny identified, says Chechnya’s head
- 16.05.2018Protesters storm mayor’s building in Yerevan
- 16.05.2018Russian embassy warns of attempts to embroil other states in Skripal case
- 15.05.2018Start your engines: Putin driving truck, opens newly-built Crimean Bridge