Putin says Russia is not "adorable grandma"
Russia should be viewed as young and focused on the future, but not as "our adorable grandma," President Vladimir Putin said on Saturday at the United Russia party’s congress, APA reports quting ITAR-TASS.
Putin thanked members of the United Russia party for their support and listed the goals to be achieved together.
"Russia is a country with 1,000-year history, but we should not look after it like after our adorable grandma, which means she should be given medicine on time to prevent pain and leave it at that," Putin said.
"Absolutely not! We must make Russia young and focused on the future," he is convinced.
"To achieve this, we must solve the tasks we are talking about now. We should make drastic changes in healthcare, education and infrastructure," the president noted. "The other key objective of making the economy innovative by developing digitalization and biotechnology cannot be achieved without healthcare and education."
"Sick and uneducated people will be incapable of doing so as everything is interwoven in the contemporary world," he added.
Related news releases
- 20.05.2018Pentagon says Moscow 'not doing enough' to fight terrorism within borders
- 20.05.2018All militants who attacked church in Grozny identified, says Chechnya’s head
- 18.05.2018Putin approves new cabinet
- 17.05.2018Putin Met With Assad in Sochi - Kremlin Spokesman
- 17.05.2018Putin: Defense Ministry allocates $24 billion for state defense order 2018
- 16.05.2018Protesters storm mayor’s building in Yerevan
- 16.05.2018Russian embassy warns of attempts to embroil other states in Skripal case
- 15.05.2018Start your engines: Putin driving truck, opens newly-built Crimean Bridge
- 15.05.2018Moscow says U.S. putting serious pressure on Iran nuclear deal participants
- 15.05.2018Moscow does not rule out Iran’s pullout from nuclear deal — diplomat
- 15.05.2018State Duma approves criminal liability for aiding West’s anti-Russia sanctions
- 14.05.2018Books on “Armenian genocide” by American and Turkish historians published in Moscow
- 12.05.2018Armenian president appoints new FM
- 10.05.2018Armenia police chief, director of National Security Service dismissed
- 09.05.2018Russia slams US decision to withdraw from Iran deal
- 08.05.2018Armenia’s first deputy defense minister resigns
- 08.05.2018Russian Interior Ministry warns Armenian and Azerbaijani diaspora over upcoming Immortal Regiment march
- 08.05.2018Pashinyan elected Armenia's prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin asks State Duma to appoint Medvedev Russia’s prime minister
- 07.05.2018Putin takes office for second six-year term as Russia’s president
- 05.05.2018Russian journalist: "Armenia historically is an encumbrance for Russia"
- 05.05.2018Police seize Navalny at Putin protest
- 04.05.2018Terrorist acts plotted in Russia were coordinated from abroad – FSB
- 03.05.2018One person killed, one wounded in attack on HSBC bank in Armenia
- 03.05.2018Azerbaijani woman appointed as Tatarstan’s minister of culture
- 03.05.2018Ukraine suspends participation in CIS coordination councils
- 02.05.2018Armenia’s ruling party to vote for candidate supported by one third of MPs
- 02.05.2018Opposition blocks highways linking Armenia with Georgia, Iran
- 02.05.2018Armenia's parliament to hold fresh vote for PM on May 8
- 02.05.2018Civil resistance in Armenia expands
- 02.05.2018Armenia protest leader: "We will not give up"
- 02.05.2018Protestors block many streets, including road to international airport in Yerevan
- 02.05.2018Pashinyan will once again be nominated to become Armenian prime minister
- 01.05.2018Armenian Opposition Leader Pashinyan: Protesters Will Block Streets, Airport, Everything
- 01.05.2018Armenian Parliament fails to elect PM - UPDATED
- 01.05.2018Armenia's ruling party not to support Pashinyan's PM candidacy
- 01.05.2018Russia to remain Armenia’s strategic ally, Pashinyan says
- 30.04.2018Armenian opposition leader Pashinyan officially nominated for PM
- 29.04.2018Gagik Tsarukyan to support candidate Nikol Pashinyan
- 28.04.2018Armenia's ruling party withdraws prime minister candidate
- 24.12.2017Russia’s State Duma can take tit-for-tat measures if RT’s license in France is revoked
- 25.12.2017Five killed in Moscow as bus drives into pedestrian underpass
- 25.12.2017Russian officials bar Navalny from running for president
- 23.12.2017Russia ready to work with all countries on basis of trust - Putin
- 23.12.2017Everything preventing Russia’s renovation should be left out – Putin
- 22.12.2017Johnson and Lavrov clash in Moscow talks