Abkhazian IDPs hold protest outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi
A group of Abkhazian IDPs gathered outside the Armenian embassy in Tbilisi on Friday to protest Armenia's attempt to prevent their return to their ancestral lands during a meeting at the Council of Europe, APA’s Georgia bureau reported.
Onise Gergetava, a NGO leader who was among the protestors, complained that the Armenian government does not support Georgia during international meetings and prevent Abkhazian IDPs from returning to homelands. She also added that Armenian officials did not vote for the relevant CoE resolution, demonstrating apparent hostility towards them.
“Are homes are occupied by Armenians. The resolution we present to the Armenian embassy calls for Armenian citizens to get our of our homes,” she said.
Gergetava noted that they would continue the protest in case their demands go unanswered.
“We demand that Armenia respect the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Georgia and sign the resolution for us to return to our homeland. We also demand that Armenia put an end to its occupation policy in the South Caucasus,” she stressed.
It should be noted that the resolution presented to the Armenian embassy has been signed by more than a thousand people.
- 19.02.2018Turkish, Iranian leaders discuss Syria on phone
- 19.02.2018Ankara renames US embassy's street after Operation Olive Branch
- 19.02.2018Turkey warns Assad regime against supporting YPG/PKK
- 18.02.2018Armenian President suggests normalizing relations with Turkey through a new document
- 18.02.2018Latvian Central Bank Governor detained in corruption probe
- 18.02.2018Small earthquake hits Britain, strongest for 10 years
- 18.02.2018Thousands rally against Munich Security Conference in Germany
- 17.02.2018Sweden grants citizenship to scientist sentenced to death in Iran
- 17.02.2018Blast at Agricultural Plant in Northern France Leaves 2 Killed
- 17.02.2018Georgian, Turkish PMs discuss regional transport projects
- 17.02.2018Moldova to host summit of GUAM prime ministers
- 17.02.2018Lavrov: Russia Ready for partnership with EU, US based on mutual respect
- 17.02.2018Turkey, US joint statement alludes to YPG terror group
- 16.02.2018Uncertainty reigns in final polls ahead of Italy election
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: US will 'work on' its Manbij promises given to Turkey
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: 'US, Turkey will act together'
- 16.02.2018Two killed in Turkish military training plane crash
- 16.02.2018UK Business leaders propose partial customs union with EU
- 16.02.2018PM Yildirim sends condolences to US Vice President
- 16.02.2018Turkish president, US secretary of state meet for 3 hours and 15 minutes in Ankara - UPDATED
- 15.02.201822 families evacuated after huge sinkhole opens up in Rome
- 15.02.2018Turkey, Germany vow to improve strained ties
- 15.02.2018U.S. State Secretary arrives in Turkey
- 15.02.2018Leading Swiss rail company to construct carriage-building and repair plant in Tbilisi
- 15.02.2018Turkey’s opposition leader Kilicdaroglu hospitalized
- 15.02.2018NATO to modernize command structure
- 14.02.2018Turkish defense min. meets US counterpart in Brussels
- 14.02.2018France will strike Syria if chemical weapons use proven
- 14.02.2018Saakashvili promises more protests in Ukraine
- 14.02.2018Turkish, Greek prime ministers speak over phone
- 13.02.2018Martin Schulz resigns as German SPD chief
- 13.02.20183 killed as migrant boat capsizes in NW Turkey
- 13.02.2018Dutch foreign minister resigns after lying about Putin
- 13.02.2018UK judge refuses to withdraw arrest warrant for Assange
- 13.02.2018Turkish defense head attends anti-Daesh meeting in Rome
- 13.02.2018N. Ireland power-sharing talks enter ‘decisive phase’
- 13.02.2018One killed, 22 hurt in Austrian train crash: police
- 12.02.2018Ukraine deports Saakashvili on charter flight to Poland - border service
- 12.02.2018Georgia believes in power of dialogue in resolving regional conflicts, minister says
- 12.02.201831 Turkish soldiers killed since Afrin op launched, military says
- 17.06.2017London protests held as anger mounts over Grenfell fire
- 17.06.2017Swiss prosecution conducts 25 FIFA corruption probes
- 17.06.2017Four US F/A-18 pilot deaths tied to oxygen system issues
- 16.06.2017Turkish police detain man near US consulate in Istanbul over potential attack
- 16.06.2017Turkey summons US ambassador over arrest warrants
- 16.06.2017Eurozone ministers strike deal to release funds to Greece