Eurozone ministers strike deal to release funds to Greece
Eurozone ministers have struck a deal to unlock the latest tranche of Greece's bailout cash, APA reports quoting BBC.
The bailout fund will disburse €8.5bn (£7.4bn) to Greece, eurozone ministers said in a statement.
The latest tranche of the international bailout will help avert a fresh debt crisis in July when the next €7bn euro repayment of loans becomes due.
The payment is still subject to parliamentary approvals in some countries.
International Monetary Fund (IMF) director Christine Lagarde said she would propose an approval in principle to her executive board.
The IMF wants clarity on longer-term debt relief for Greece once the current funding scheme, worth up to €86bn, runs out next year.
Ms Lagarde said the IMF was ready to participate to the third bailout programme for Greece after the meeting of eurozone finance ministers in Luxembourg which capped months of negotiations.
However, the IMF could join the programme with a financial support "in the range of $2bn" only after a full deal on additional measures of debt relief for Greece.
Related news releases
- 27.06.2017Al Qaeda releases Swedish hostage after almost six years
- 27.06.2017Italian police use tear gas against migrants at border with France
- 26.06.2017Turkish soldier martyred in mortar attack from N. Iraq
- 25.06.2017UK to maintain duty-free access for developing countries after Brexit
- 25.06.2017UK Parliament hit by cyber-attack
- 25.06.2017Two hundred migrants rescued off Spanish coast
- 24.06.2017London tower blocks evacuated as 27 buildings fail fire tests
- 24.06.20178 Emirati princesses sentenced for mistreating servants
- 24.06.20173 Turkish soldiers wounded in counter-terror operation
- 24.06.2017Five London high-rises evacuated over fire safety fears
- 24.06.2017EU leaders summit ends in Brussels
- 23.06.20176 PKK terrorists 'neutralized' in SE Turkey operation
- 23.06.2017Five electrocuted in swimming pool in Turkey
- 23.06.2017EU will restrict visas for states not taking back migrants
- 23.06.2017Theresa May vows 'settled' status for EU expats in post-Brexit UK
- 22.06.2017European Union is to extend sanctions against Russia over Ukraine
- 22.06.2017French central banker backs European Commission proposals on clearing
- 22.06.20176 suspects remanded in Turkish army food poisoning
- 22.06.2017France's Macron taps newcomers for reshuffle as conservatives split
- 21.06.2017Mehmet Akarca: Turkey wants all countries to enjoy friendly relations
- 21.06.2017Turkey spends $5 billion on refugees every year – gov’t official
- 21.06.2017Mehmet Akarca: No country provided serious assistance to Turkey during refugee crisis
- 21.06.2017UK PM May says will consult widely on Brexit, but Britain will leave EU
- 21.06.2017UK charges man arrested in East London with terror offenses
- 21.06.2017Man shot in Brussels rail station amid bomb belt claims
- 20.06.2017Canadair plane crashes in Portugal, no information yet about casualties
- 20.06.2017Soldier martyred, 6 injured in eastern Turkey
- 20.06.2017Portugal's deadliest fire still rages after 63 people killed
- 19.06.2017Fire at French nuclear reactor, safety body says no radiation
- 19.06.2017Car rams police vehicle on Paris' Champs Elysees, driver likely dead
- 19.06.2017Lightning strikes Turkish plane flying to Georgia
- 18.06.2017Forest fire in central Portugal leaves 24 people dead
- 18.06.2017France offers UK assistance in Grenfell tower fire investigation
- 18.06.2017Londoners protest against May's conservative party likely deal with DUP
- 18.06.2017Two earthquakes rattle Aegean Sea
- 17.06.2017Erdogan slams opposition CHP leader for 'justice' march
- 17.06.201758 people feared dead in London tower fire
- 17.06.2017Syria talks in Geneva to resume on July 10
- 17.06.2017Four US F/A-18 pilot deaths tied to oxygen system issues
- 17.06.2017Swiss prosecution conducts 25 FIFA corruption probes
- 16.06.2017Turkey summons US ambassador over arrest warrants
- 16.06.2017Turkish police detain man near US consulate in Istanbul over potential attack
- 16.06.2017Abkhazian IDPs hold protest outside Armenian embassy in Tbilisi
- 16.06.2017Erdogan slams US move to issue warrants for bodyguards
- 15.06.2017Brexit negotiations to start on June 19
- 15.06.2017German executive at Volkswagen Japan arrested for suspected drug use