France plans privatization law in asset sale push: PM
The French government is planning a privatization bill as part of its program of asset sales, Prime Minister Edouard Philippe said in an interview, confirming that the state could cede control of some companies, APA reports quoting Reuters.
The government outlined last year plans to sell stakes in order to finance a 10 billion euro ($12.0 billion) innovation fund.
It has since reduced its minority stakes in energy group Engie (ENGIE.PA) and car maker Renault (RENA.PA), and there has been speculation that Paris airport operator ADP (ADP.PA) and national lottery firm Francaise des Jeux (FDJ) are in line to be privatized.
“There have already been some (asset sales) and there will be more,” Philippe said in an interview with Sunday paper JDD.
Asked if the government would present a privatization bill, a necessary step for ceding state control, he said: “Yes. The question is not taboo.”
He declined to indicate the timetable for asset sales and did not mention any companies.
Last month, Finance Minister Bruno Le Maire said the government would detail its asset sale program in early 2018, while the head of APE, which manages the state’s corporate holdings, said the government had yet to make any decision over whether to privatize ADP.
Related news releases
- 23.04.2018OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs release statement on Nagorno-Karabakh
- 23.04.2018Former Georgian defense minister jailed for 9 years
- 22.04.2018Europe not choosing sides in U.S.-China trade dispute
- 22.04.2018Britain's Queen Elizabeth celebrates 92 years with star-studded concert
- 21.04.2018Threat comes from strategic partners: Erdogan
- 21.04.2018Tens of thousands of Hungarians protest against PM Orban's rule
- 21.04.2018MHP chairman says his party's presidential candidate is Erdogan
- 19.04.2018OSCE/ODIHR director urges Armenian authorities to ensure right to freedom of peaceful assembly
- 19.04.2018Deputy Prime Minister: "Turkish State of Emergency to not effect snap elections"
- 19.04.2018PM Kvirikashvili: Ethnic minorities in Georgia should be informed about benefits of NATO integration
- 19.04.2018German leaders to seek waivers from US sanctions on Russia
- 19.04.2018Basque separatist group ETA to be dissolved in May
- 19.04.2018MHP to support Erdogan in snap presidential election
- 18.04.2018Turkey extends state of emergency for 7th time
- 18.04.2018Turkey’s Erdogan announces snap elections on June 24
- 18.04.2018Turkey rejects allegations in EU report
- 17.04.2018US: Plane makes emergency landing after engine failure
- 17.04.2018Turkey to extend state of emergency for 3 more months
- 17.04.2018Turkey's security council advises extending emergency
- 17.04.2018Georgian interior minister: Sustainable economic growth impossible without security
- 17.04.20188 killed in severe road accident in southern Ukraine
- 17.04.2018British PM May defends Syria strikes against parliament critics
- 16.04.2018Erdogan, Merkel discuss Syria over phone
- 16.04.2018Erdogan: West tries to tarnish Islamic world through terrorist organizations
- 16.04.2018Stoltenberg says no other NATO ally suffers as much from terrorist attacks as Turkey
- 16.04.2018Turkey warns Greece over disputed Aegean islets
- 16.04.2018Leader of Georgia’s Girchi Zurab Japaridze says he will run for president in 2018
- 16.04.2018Turkey’s Patriotic Party: Appropriate measures to be taken to prevent “Armenian genocide” board from being hung on church wall in Amsterdam
- 15.04.2018France, US, UK launch joint draft resolution on Syria
- 15.04.2018Putin, Erdogan agree to intensify bilateral cooperation on Syrian issue
- 14.04.2018Turkish, French presidents discuss Syria over phone
- 14.04.2018Turkey not making choice between Russia, US: Cavusoglu
- 14.04.2018Germany, France to initiate new format of talks on Syrian settlement
- 14.04.2018Turkish FM: We need to get rid of Assad
- 14.04.2018Georgian FM supports US and allies on Syrian operation
- 14.04.2018Turkey says was informed ahead of air strikes on Syria
- 14.04.2018Turkey welcomes US-led joint airstrikes in Syria
- 14.04.2018Catalan parliament calls for Spanish judge to be charged over jailed politician
- 13.04.2018Russia spied on Skripal and daughter for at least 5 years: UK
- 13.04.2018Turkey slams Switzerland over 'Armenian Monument'
- 07.01.2018UK Prime Minister to Announce Government Reshuffle on Monday
- 08.01.2018At least 56 people missing after shipwreck near Sicily
- 08.01.2018EU extends restrictive measures against North Korea
- 06.01.2018Turkish police arrest 24 in anti-drug operations
- 06.01.2018Greece orders Macedonian wiretap suspects' extradition
- 06.01.2018Ex-U.N. chief Ban's nephew pleads guilty to U.S. corruption charges