Ritz robbers dropped bag of jewels
French police have recovered all the jewellery stolen by armed robbers from a shop at the famous Ritz Hotel in Paris on Wednesday, sources say, APA reports quoting BBC.
They say the loot worth some €4.5m (£4m; $5.4m) was in a bag dropped by one member of the five-strong gang during the brazen raid.
Three men have been arrested, police said, while others remain on the run.
The five-star Ritz is in Place Vendôme, in Paris' historical first district on the right bank of the river Seine.
Related news releases
- 19.03.2018Turkish embassy in Denmark attacked with petrol bombs, no injuries - police
- 18.03.2018U.K. should consider extending Brexit talks, Commons Panel says
- 18.03.2018Demonstrations against racism erupt across the U.K.
- 18.03.2018Maldives police arrest 139 opposition protesters under emergency rule
- 17.03.2018Sweden, North Korea talks end, may help pave way for Trump-Kim encounter
- 17.03.2018Turkish PM blasts EU parliament motion on Afrin operation
- 17.03.2018European powers propose new Iran sanctions to meet Trump ultimatum
- 17.03.2018Former columnist of defunct Turkish daily released
- 17.03.2018Turkish military denies bombing hospital in Afrin
- 17.03.2018PYD/PKK explosives kill 6 civilians in Afrin village
- 17.03.2018Erdogan talks to NATO chief, Ukrainian president
- 17.03.2018Palestinian ramming attack kills 2 Israeli soldiers in West Bank: military
- 16.03.2018EU starts retaliation process against U.S. tariffs
- 16.03.2018UK treating death of Russian businessman Glushkov as murder: police
- 16.03.2018Boris Johnson: “Overwhelmingly likely” Putin ordered nerve agent attack
- 16.03.2018Turkey, US still discuss Manbij issue: State Dept. Spox
- 16.03.2018Erdogan, Merkel discuss counter-terrorism over phone
- 15.03.2018EU to propose 3 percent digital tax on turnover of large firms: draft
- 15.03.2018Slovakian prime minister resigns amid journalist murder
- 15.03.2018UK, US, France and Germany blame Russia for nerve agent attack
- 15.03.2018Turkish FM's US visit postponed
- 15.03.2018New German FM to 'pursue more active foreign policy'
- 15.03.2018German diesel ban to hit vehicle resale values, sales: Moody's
- 14.03.2018US diplomat: Finding solution for Kosovo everyone's job
- 14.03.2018Georgia’s ethnic minorities appeal to Russian president
- 14.03.2018UK to expel 23 Russian diplomats over Skripal case
- 14.03.2018Azerbaijanis hold protest rally outside UN office in Tbilisi
- 14.03.2018Angela Merkel reelected as German Chancellor
- 14.03.2018Erdogan ‘hopes’ Afrin is liberated ‘by this evening’
- 14.03.2018Stephen Hawking dies aged 76
- 14.03.2018Federica Mogherin: "Trump-Kim summit could resolve Korean nuclear issue"
- 14.03.2018Bird flu found on Netherlands farm
- 14.03.2018Former Russian Aeroflot director found dead in London
- 13.03.2018Turkish PM's 2-day Azerbaijan visit starts Wednesday
- 13.03.2018Moscow vows to respond to UK threats to impose sanctions over Skripal case
- 13.03.2018UK counter-terror police investigate death
- 13.03.201810 dead, 18 injured as bus crashes into parked truck in Turkey
- 13.03.2018Euro zone to unlock new loans to Greece, working on debt relief
- 13.03.2018Turkish soldier martyred in Afrin, Syria
- 12.03.2018UK's May says 'highly likely' Russia behind nerve attack on spy
- 12.01.2018France launches mini satellite to unravel mysteries of distant planet
- 12.01.2018Bulgaria officially assumes EU presidency
- 12.01.2018Turkey dismisses over 260 officials with new decree
- 11.01.2018UNHCR launches new project for refugees in Turkey
- 11.01.2018Russia knows perpetrators of attack on its bases in Syria, it's not Turkey - Putin
- 11.01.2018Erdogan: US can’t get any terrorist from Turkey as long as I’m in power