Turkey did not want visa crisis with US, says Erdogan
“They started the visa crisis and thanks to them, they have ended it themselves. Great. We did not want visa crisis [with the US]. It is now ended. That is what should have happened anyway,” Erdogan said.
His remarks came during the provincial congress of ruling Justice and Development (AK) Party in northern province of Kastamonu.
On Thursday, the U.S. Embassy in Turkey announced the resumption of full visa services after nearly two months.
In a reciprocal move, Turkey also lifted restrictions on visa services for American citizens, according to the Turkish mission in the U.S.
On Oct. 8, the embassy suspended non-immigrant visas to Turkish nationals following the arrest of a local employee working at the U.S. Consulate in Istanbul, prompting a tit-for-tat response from Ankara.
Erdogan drew parallel between the Daesh and YPG/PYD, saying beyond borders terrorist outfits’ names change but cruelty remains.
"We will do [to YPG/PYD] that we did to Daesh and we will definitely make our borders secure," Erdogan said.
Related news releases
- 16.01.2018Denmark will increase defense spending to counter Russia: PM
- 16.01.2018Up to 20 injured in Belgium blast
- 16.01.2018Lead singer of The Cranberries dies aged 46 in London
- 16.01.2018Turkish premier talks to Iraqi counterpart over phone
- 15.01.2018Germany's Christian Democrats approve coalition deal
- 15.01.2018US treats Turkey as its ‘enemy’, says PM Yildirim
- 15.01.2018Hotel catches fire in Tbilisi
- 14.01.2018Turkey rejects idea of 'Privileged Partnership' with European Union
- 14.01.2018Dozen of Neo-Nazis arrested over participation in unauthorized rally in Sweden
- 13.01.2018Explosion injures 8 in northern Albania
- 13.01.2018Thousands protest against Austrian government's shift to the right
- 13.01.2018Miloš Zeman leads first round of Czech Republic presidential elections
- 13.01.2018Czech presidential vote sets up Zeman-Drahos second round clash
- 13.01.2018EU to assess Trump statement on Iran
- 13.01.2018Germany to keep seeking full implementation of Iran deal
- 13.01.2018UK police arrest woman at Heathrow Airport on suspicion of terror activity
- 13.01.2018Turkey is much safer than the US: Turkish FM
- 12.01.2018Turkey issues travel warning for US
- 12.01.2018Turkey dismisses over 260 officials with new decree
- 12.01.2018Bulgaria officially assumes EU presidency
- 12.01.2018France launches mini satellite to unravel mysteries of distant planet
- 12.01.2018Ritz robbers dropped bag of jewels
- 11.01.2018UNHCR launches new project for refugees in Turkey
- 11.01.2018Russia knows perpetrators of attack on its bases in Syria, it's not Turkey - Putin
- 11.01.2018Erdogan: US can’t get any terrorist from Turkey as long as I’m in power
- 11.01.2018OSCE Chairperson-in-Office to address Permanent Council
- 11.01.2018Plane makes emergency landing at Warsaw airport, no casualties
- 10.01.2018Georgia-Turkey-Azerbaijan military co-op discussed in Tbilisi
- 10.01.20183,000 people granted Georgian citizenship in 2017
- 10.01.2018Swiss police arrest 80-year-old man for bank robbery
- 09.01.2018Berlusconi says Italy can't leave euro; coalition ally disagrees
- 09.01.201864 migrants feared dead in Mediterranean
- 09.01.20182 killed as small plane crashes in UK
- 08.01.2018Boris Johnson remains UK Foreign Secretary as PM May reshuffles cabinet
- 08.01.2018EU extends restrictive measures against North Korea
- 08.01.2018At least 56 people missing after shipwreck near Sicily
- 07.01.2018UK Prime Minister to Announce Government Reshuffle on Monday
- 07.01.2018France plans privatization law in asset sale push: PM
- 06.01.2018Turkish police arrest 24 in anti-drug operations
- 06.01.2018Greece orders Macedonian wiretap suspects' extradition
- 31.12.2017German Chancellor Merkel to reveal her plans on forming government in 2018
- 02.01.2018Moldovan court suspends president's powers over minister refusal
- 02.01.2018Sweden defies US, NATO threats on UN nuclear ban treaty
- 31.12.2017Hostages freed in Ukraine’s Kharkov, attacker arrested - president
- 30.12.2017Eleven people taken hostage in Ukraine’s Kharkov - police
- 30.12.2017Greece grants asylum to FETÖ-linked coup soldier